what say u ? ?... what day(date) will our coach be " Let go " ? ? ?

kelly

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase will be back.

And for good reason.  He's handling this incredibly difficult situation adeptly.  It's not easy getting the weakest roster in the NFL to give 100% every week.  28 players on 1-year deals too, they would have every incentive to just check out and smoke weed like so many Edwards/Ryan/Bowles locker rooms did with records almost as bad.

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

And for good reason.  He's handling this incredibly difficult situation adeptly.  It's not easy getting the weakest roster in the NFL to give 100% every week.  28 players on 1-year deals too, they would have every incentive to just check out and smoke weed like so many Edwards/Ryan/Bowles locker rooms did with records almost as bad.

SAR I

The president of the Adam Gaze fan club!

FF1EBCE4-D504-45BF-994D-C7A6C75E6A0F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Adam Gase's comments about his grooming of Sam Darnold ("I haven't done a good enough job") make him sound like a coach who knows the end is near. Gase has always spoken optimistically about Darnold and the QB's development. This time, there was a sense of resignation. Sure, he expressed hope that Darnold will finish on an upswing, but his overall tone sounded like past tense.

>    https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

On 11/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, SAR I said:

SORE I

ACB45849-2904-4140-9F27-855D3EC0DD54.jpeg

On 11/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

@ u. l

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 1:35 PM, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure why anyone would want him fired any sooner than the day after we have the 1st pick locked up.

With that said, he's finishing the season.  If they were going to fire him mid-season they would have done it already.

He'll be fired the day after the final game.

agreed !.. if he's not,.. we'll go 0-16 next season   ? 

ae9944fe7457c32866b9f1e307d6ff56.gif

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see him fired after 0-15.  That way Woody could legitimately order the interim to start the scrubbier scrubs in the last game to "See what we have".

Bonus too for cheap-ass Woody, he can save a few nickles by flying fewer people to New England and save on snacks and sh*t.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, dcJet said:

I'd like to see him fired after 0-15.  That way Woody could legitimately order the interim to start the scrubbier scrubs in the last game to "See what we have".

Bonus too for cheap-ass Woody, he can save a few nickles by  ? flying  ?  fewer people to New England and save on snacks and sh*t.

..we'll be busin'  ?     ^^

screen-shot-2018-03-08-at-12-24-36.png?q

Rich Cimini    ESPN Staff Writer 

Adam Gase was asked about his job status on Wednesday. He said he hasn't had any discussions with CEO Christopher Johnson about his future. Asked if he has a gut feeling, Gase said, "Nothing I'm really worried about." Gase, who has two years left on his contract, is expected to be fired after the last game. People in his inner circle say he knows it's coming.

>      https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

f209b1fad4d516368dd5afda06add30c.gif

The focus in a few weeks will be on who the Jets’ new coach will be. Then, it will move to who that coach is hiring as his coordinators. There is, however, a key hire that will come after that — and it is one the Jets desperately need to get right. 

The Jets need a great offensive line coach. Just look at this week’s opponent and what Bill Callahan has done for the Browns. Callahan has the Cleveland line rolling, which is a huge part of their 10-4 season. The Jets had Callahan once. He was their offensive line coach from 2006-11 under Eric Mangini and Rex Ryan. That line flourished under Callhan’s tutelage, with Nick Mangold and D’Brickashaw Ferguson becoming Pro Bowl players and the line leading the way to the No. 1 rushing offense in 2009. 

Since Callahan left the Jets, they have been through five different offensive line coaches. None of them has distinguished himself, and the Jets’ offensive line has been a weakness for years. It is not all on coaching. The front office ignored the offensive line in the draft for much of the decade, but coaching helps. The Jets have a great building block on the line with left tackle Mekhi Becton. General manager Joe Douglas will add more pieces this offseason. But the linemen need a great coach to help them truly develop. It is a hire that won’t get much attention, but it should.

>    https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/jets-must-nail-next-offensive-line-coach-hire/

he NY Jets will fire Adam Gase after the final game of the season next Sunday.

The NY Jets are doing it again. Despite an absolutely horrific start to the 2020 season, the Jets have managed to continue fighting and have miraculously rattled off a two-game win streak under head coach Adam Gase.In an eerie way, this is similar to what occurred a year ago. After starting off 1-7, the Jets finished the year on a 6-2 run to effectively save their coach’s job and secure a respectable 7-9 record.Of course, starting off 0-13 is a completely different scenario, but that hasn’t stopped Jets fans from fearing the worst-case scenario. And that is that Gase could possibly still return next season.Perhaps owner Christopher Johnson sees how hard the team continues to play under Gase’s watch and affords his heavily-criticized coach a new lease on his Jets life. It’s a nightmarish scenario, but one that many seem to believe could happen.

Don’t worry Jets fans, you have nothing to worry about.

In exactly a week from the time of writing, Adam Gase will officially be fired from his position as the head coach of the NY Jets. Few things, at this point, remain more certain.This was a sentiment discussed by The Athletic’s Connor Hughes in his post-game podcast following the team’s shocking 23-16 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Hughes couldn’t believe that there were fans who still believed Gase would return.

His exact words were as followed.

“Gase is gone. He’s going to be fired. The decision to fire him was made weeks ago.”

Hughes then reiterated the three reasons that Gase hasn’t been fired yet, many of which we have repeated in the past.

Why have the NY Jets kept Adam Gase for so long?

For starters, the Jets did not believe that they had a suitable replacement for Gase. They like Dennard Wilson, Gregg Williams seemed like a logical fit, but ultimately, the team decided there was no one on the staff capable of replacing Gase.In many ways, Gase’s own failure to put together a competent coaching staff may have saved his job.

Moreover, the Jets didn’t want to add another variable into their analysis of quarterback Sam Darnold. The plan this season has been to accurately assess Darnold to determine if he truly is the quarterback of the future.The Jets believed that introducing a new play-caller and offensive system midseason could prove detrimental to Darnold’s growth.

Finally, the Jets didn’t want to reinforce Woody Johnson’s reputation for having a so-called “quick trigger.” This was more about the organization’s ability to hire new candidates.The Jets wanted the perception to be that they gave Gase ample time to turn things around before letting him go. Firing him in the middle of his second season would perhaps feed into the Johnsons’ reputation for ousting coaches too quickly.

That’s it. Those are the reasons Gase is still here. No one is considering the possibility of him returning in 2021. There is no “what if” in this scenario.Adam Gase will be fired on January 4th, 2021. In one week’s time, the Jets will begin their search for a new head coach.

Rest easy, Jets fans. This is one thing that you can guarantee.

>      https://thejetpress.com/2020/12/28/ny-jets-fans-adam-gase-fired-worry/

For months, it’s felt like a foregone conclusion that the Jets were going to fire Adam Gase after two terrible years as the team’s head coach. But after an improbable December winning streak, and the Jets being the Jets, you could be forgiven for letting a little doubt creep in.When asked directly if he should keep his job, Gase declined to answer on Sunday. “I think our guys have done a good job of doing what I’ve asked, of what our coaching staff has asked them to do,” he said after his team beat the Browns, 23-16. “These guys play hard. The amount I appreciate what these guys have done to battle week in and week out, it’s hard to put in words. "

Gase received an impassioned endorsement from an unlikely source on Sunday: linebacker Tarell Basham. Gase is, notoriously, barely involved with the defense.“Coach Gase is a great coach. I truly mean that,” Basham said. “I hope that he’s still around, I hope that we’re still working together, I hope that I’m still around. He’s a great guy….He’s gonna get those same results.” Basham caught himself after that one, because Gase’s results have been poor. “The players that play for him love to play for him. I can say that. I love to play for him.“If he’s my coach, I’m playing for him. I like Adam.” (Basham started one game total under Todd Bowles with the Jets and Chuck Pagano with the Colts before becoming a starter with Gase’s Jets. So perhaps “If he’s my coach, I’m playing” is literal.Again, Gase is almost definitely cooked in New Jersey. Jason La Canfora reported Saturday that Gase was “very likely” to be fired if the Jets lost to the Browns, and he wrote Sunday that an eventual Gase firing was “virtually certain.”The offensive players who were asked about Gase’s job security on Sunday were a bit more equivocal than Basham.

Offensive lineman Connor McGovern and receiver Jamison Crowder both spoke like a Gase return was unlikely. McGovern referred to next year’s coach as “whoever’s leading the team, whether it’s Coach Gase or anybody else.” And Crowder said “I don’t care really who’s here. It’s been great playing for Coach Gase.”And while quarterback Sam Darnold defended Gase, he acknowledged reality. “He’s our head coach right now,” Darnold said. “I love Adam, I love working for him. That’s not my decision. I love playing for him.”

As obvious as the need to fire Gase appears from the outside, you can see the faint outline of how he would end up staying. He wasn’t exactly handed a championship roster this year; arguably, the 2020 Jets were constructed to lose. Getting players to stay fully invested on a team that started 0-13 is no small feat, and the connection between Gase and the players seems like it could be much worse.“I’m happy for our guys. They put so much effort into this and have not allowed the outside noise to waver them,” Gase said Sunday. “As a head coach, this year could have been even harder than what it’s been. I can’t ask for more from a group of guys that have absolutely just had our coaching staff’s back and just gone to work.”

The Jets’ leadership structure is uncertain. Owner Woody Johnson is about to return after a clownish tenure as America’s ambassador to the United Kingdom; his brother Christopher has been running the Jets in that time.“I haven’t thought about it, I haven’t had any discussions with Christopher about any of this,” Gase responded when asked about returning as Jets coach. That might be because it’s not Christopher’s decision.These are all hare-brained and over-complicated justifications. Gase will almost certainly just be fired after next week. But the bizarre and unlikely have to be on the table. We’re talking about the Jets, the team that hired Gase after he went 23-25 in Miami and saw his tenure become a joke before it started. Mike Francesa seemed to rip one when he called for Gase’s firing last year; Gase has now outlasted the radio host. The Jets just running it back with Gase would be the funniest event of them all.

>    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-coach-adam-gase-job-security-20201228-yefhv3zkurgajjy2nntrm3omzy-story.html

NY Jets’ general manager Joe Douglas will pick the team’s next head coach.

The NY Jets royally screwed up their coaching search two years ago. Not only did they hire a widely-accepted poor candidate in Adam Gase, but the entire hiring process was doomed to fail from the start.Rather than let their general manager lead the search for a new head coach, owner Christopher Johnson took charge. Perhaps that was because their GM, Mike Maccagnan, would be fired only a few months later in an oddly-timed departure.Maccagnan had a say, but the final input came from Johnson. The Gase hire was a mistake, but the process in which Johnson and the Jets brought the former Miami head coach to New York was an unbridled disaster.The Jets must avoid making that same mistake again in 2021 when they undoubtedly search for a new head coach. Fortunately, it appears as though the Johnsons have learned from their mistake two years ago.General manager Joe Douglas is expected to have full autonomy in the search for a new head coach this offseason. Johnson will have input, but Douglas will have the final say.

This is the sentiment that was shared by Connor Hughes of The Athletic on his recent postgame podcast following the Jets’ 23-16 victory over the Cleveland Browns in Week 16. This is what Hughes had to say about the issue.

“It is going to be Joe Douglas who picks this team’s next head coach. Christopher Johnson is going to be involved in the serach. He’s obviously going to have a say, but it is Joe Douglas. He’s going to hand control of this to Joe Douglas and say ‘whoever you want, go get him.'”

The NY Jets are prepared to let Joe Douglas take the lead this offseason

That’s good news for Jets fans who were fearful that the Johnsons would meddle in the business of their general manager once again. After all, it’s primarily Christopher Johnson’s fault that the Jets are in this mess, to begin with.As the story goes, Johnson was persuaded by NFL legend Peyton Manning to hire Gase after the two spent time together in Denver. Manning praised his former offensive coordinator, and Johnson was receptive to his words.But this time around, the Jets can’t afford to have their owner be so easily swayed by the feeble words of someone like Peyton Manning. In fact, they can’t afford to have their owner swayed at all.

This must be Joe Douglas’ decision.

Ideally, an organization will hire a head coach and general manager at the same time to ensure that the two are on the same page. The Jets won’t have that privilege this offseason which is why it’s especially important that Douglas is on board with whoever the team hires.

They don’t want a repeat of the Adam Gase debacle for obvious reasons.

Fortunately, it appears as though the Jets are willing to trust their general manager this time. Joe Douglas should have the final say on who the franchise’s next head coach is.

And if that’s the case, Jets fans should breathe a sigh of relief.

>   https://thejetpress.com/2020/12/29/ny-jets-joe-douglas-next-head-coach/

NY Jets’ head coach Adam Gase has reportedly been informed that he will be fired.

The fate of NY Jets‘ head coach Adam Gase has been sealed for weeks if not months at this point. But it appears as though the heavily-criticized coach has finally been informed of what has seemed like an inevitable fact for quite some time.

Gase will be fired upon the conclusion of the season. And based on multiple reports, he’s already aware of this.

The first report came from uStadium on Monday that indicated that the Jets were, indeed, set on firing Gase following the team’s Week 17 showdown with the New England Patriots no matter the result.In fact, this is a decision that was made a long time ago, as other reports have indicated. But not only has that decision already been made, Gase has been made aware of it.

Craig Carton delivered some breaking news on Tuesday during his scheduled Carton & Roberts Show when he stated that owner Christopher Johnson had informed Gase that he would be fired following this Sunday’s game.

This isn’t news that should be surprising to anyone given how poorly the Jets have performed under Gase’s tutelage. And this is far from the first report indicating that he will be fired.But it is the first report explicitly stating that Gase has been made aware of his preemptive firing. And that counts for something.

The NY Jets’ made a mistake with Adam Gase from the very start

The Jets made the decision to hire Gase in January of 2019 after the firing of the incumbent Todd Bowles. Despite numerous appealing options at their disposal, they decided to take a chance on the failed Miami Dolphins head coach to little fanfare.Gase was arguably the least-respected candidate in that year’s coaching cycle and many were quick to criticize the hire. It was a marriage doomed to fail from the start, and the results over the last two years are proof of that.

The Jets began the Adam Gase era with a 1-7 start in 2019 before they miraculously managed to rattle off six wins in their last eight games against lackluster competition to somehow salvage a 7-9 season.That late-season momentum wouldn’t exactly carry over as the Jets would start the 2020 season with a woeful 0-13 record before pulling off consecutive stunning upsets over the Los Angeles Rams and Cleveland Browns.At the time of writing, they hold the NFL’s second-worst record at 2-13 with just one game remaining in this disaster of a season. And in many ways, this season will be the legacy that Gase leaves behind.

A dreadful, disgraceful, disappointment.

Gase will be fired in less than a week’s time. And if he wasn’t already aware of that, he is now.

>    https://thejetpress.com/2020/12/29/ny-jets-adam-gase-informed-fired/

Rich Cimini    ESPN Staff Writer 

It's finally over: The Jets finished 2-14 after a 28-14 loss to the Patriots. This will be a busy offseason. It starts with Adam Gase, who will be relieved of his duties, perhaps as soon as tonight. Then comes the coaching search. Then comes the QB Decision. The prediction is that Sam Darnold is done with the Jets. They will draft a QB in the first round and trade Darnold, starting over with a new coach/QB tandem.

>    https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets