Mike Westhoff: Jets downfall started with Mark Sanchez contract

BROOKLYN JET

You pretzel-eaters made noise and got Mark thrown out, the best young quarterback we’ve seen since Namath.  

Today’s humiliation is traced back to the same idiotic knee-jerk Jets fans, the geniuses who wanted to fire their new head coach after 4 games.  Hope you’re happy.  Geno Smith was awesome, wasn’t he?  

Christopher Johnson knows better.  He’s ignoring you this time. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 2

You pretzel-eaters made noise and got Mark thrown out, the best young quarterback we’ve seen since Namath.  

Today’s humiliation is traced back to the same idiotic knee-jerk Jets fans, the geniuses who wanted to fire their new head coach after 4 games.  Hope you’re happy.  Geno Smith was awesome, wasn’t he?  

SAR I
Color coded game situation wrist band... drop mic

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Icer said:

Sanchez sucked, always think about how things might have been different if we had Stafford instead

Yeah, we would have lost 4 playoff games instead of winning them.  Stafford is the least clutch quarterback in the NFL. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

As for the current state of the 0-8 Jets, Westhoff said sweeping changes are needed to turn the franchise around.

“I’ll be a little bit harsh, I’d bring the exterminator into that building and I’m going to clean that place up,” he said. “I’m talking about people that don’t think they’re gone, they’re gone, because I just think it’s a mess. Really, I was so proud of my time in New York. … It was a tremendous time. Now, I see it’s like a joke, and it’s been a joke since I left.

Mike Westhoff for GM or HC. 

Get it done Johnson brothers. 

• Upvote 2

Always liked westy. Really good coach. I can’t agree completely with what he said about Sanchez.  True enough the team didn’t replenished the player talent but I don’t think you can blame it on Sanchez contract. The Tanny Rex combo drafted such stellar players like Wilson, ducasse, Kendrick ellis, Coples, hill, and then brought in such model citizens like Holmes and buress.  Who knows how Sanchez would’ve done had he not been injured in preseason. Genoa took that years team to 8-8.  The Tebow comments are interesting.  Prime example of not using a player to his strengths.  And if they thought Sanchez was inaccurate then maybe they should’ve tried Tebow.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The fact that you still love the Sanchize is reassuring to me, considering that you've given up on Darnold.  

• Upvote 1