Sam not practicing

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, genot said:

I hope he plays, we win and come draft time we're forced to do the smart thing. Trade down for more picks. With this squad, the more picks,the better. Why that isnt obvious to everyone here,is beyond me

Maybe because 5 of the last 6 super bowls have been won by probable HOF QBs.

There are 100 roads to a championship, 95 of them start with an excellent QB.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 4

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are other ways to get picks than trading down.  The only reason we should consider trading down is if Darnold plays well enough to push us out of the top 3.  Assuming he does not (a safe assumption), then that means we need a QB and should take a QB.  There's also a chance Douglas will prefer a different QB than the top guys, I suppose, but I don't really see that as being likely.  Lawrence and Fields are two excellent prospects.  There's no reason to "get cute" there.  If we're picking # 1, take the guy you like best of those 2 options.  

We have three other 1st rounders over the next 2 drafts.  8 picks in the first 5 rounds in 2021.  That's more than enough ammo to turn this thing around, with potentially more picks to come in other ways (moving more player(s) in the offseason and trading down at other spots in the draft).  

It's obvious to all we need a lot of picks.  What is NOT obvious is the right way to go about getting them.

We don't need just players. We need some studs. On both sides of the ball. The more high round picks we have increases the likelihood that we draft those kind of players. The more picks we have gives JD an easier chance to trade up to draft players he likes, not just in the top two rds,but beyond that

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

We don't need just players. We need some studs. On both sides of the ball. The more high round picks we have increases the likelihood that we draft those kind of players. The more picks we have gives JD an easier chance to trade up to draft players he likes, not just in the top two rds,but beyond that

Good call.  Hence why we should look to trade Darnold for, hopefully, a high pick.  Not trade down in the hopes that Darnold "figures it out".  

9 picks in the first 5 rounds rounds of the 2021 draft sounds very good, including two 1sts, two 3rds, and maybe another 2nd/3rd in a Darnold trade.

We could also look to trade down from the Seattle pick to add another extra high pick as well.  A lot of teams look to move up into the back end of the 1st to get a player on the 5-year team-controlled deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good call.  Hence why we should look to trade Darnold for, hopefully, a high pick.  

Stated earlier if JD gets a first rounder for Darnold I'd lick his bald head. Starting to think if he gets a 2nd, I'd at least kiss it.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Stated earlier if JD gets a first rounder for Darnold I'd lick his bald head. Starting to think if he gets a 2nd, I'd at least kiss it.

I'll be very happy with a 3rd and would absolutely take even a 4th.  Anything less and might as well roll with Darnold as your QB2 and hopefully get a comp pick back for him later.

• Upvote 1

I'll be very happy with a 3rd and would absolutely take even a 4th.  Anything less and might as well roll with Darnold as your QB2 and hopefully get a comp pick back for him later.

People love to cite Rosen... who sucked for far less time than Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

People love to cite Rosen... who sucked for far less time than Darnold.

Yep.  Just 13 terrible starts rather than 30+.  At least Miami could claim they gave up a 2 and a 5 for a guy who perhaps could be a lot better than what he showed as a rookie.  3 seasons in, and a 2 and a 5 for Darnold would be hard to justify for the GM trading for him.  

GM's can, and do, lose their jobs for less.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Maybe because 5 of the last 6 super bowls have been won by probable HOF QBs.

There are 100 roads to a championship, 95 of them start with an excellent QB.

I still think Sam has a chance to be that guy. I know im in the minority,and i understand peoples issues with Sam. He doesnt even have a wr who can stay on the field for a 6 game stetch,let alone the entire year. One dud after another trotted out to block ,a bad HC. N o QB can succeed in that environment.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

I still think Sam has a chance to be that guy. I know im in the minority,and i understand peoples issues with Sam. He doesnt even have a wr who can stay on the field for a 6 game stetch,let alone the entire year. One dud after another trotted out to block ,a bad HC. N o QB can succeed in that environment.

False.  And what you think we mean by "succeed" is a lot less than what you think.  I just wanted Darnold not to sh*t himself on the field every game he's been out there this year.  Look competent and like you have some measure of control.  Look like a professional QB.  He's been anything but. 

No one expected him to go out and throw for 4,000+ yards with all of his top 5 WR's on the depth chart getting hurt at once.  But in Year 3, the production he HAS put up is completely unacceptable, even after all the many (some valid) excuses that are laid out for him.

And hell, when Joe Flacco was under center, he really wasn't THAT much worse than Darnold.  And Flacco is 35, sucks, was hurt to start the year, and visibly looks like he doesn't want to be out there.  

It doesn't help Darnold either that 39-year old Josh McCown, under pretty similar and sh*tty circumstances, outperformed him.  

The only thing you can definitively say about Darnold in the positive direction is that he's a lot better than Luke Falk.  Yay?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Rosen was butthole. He needed to shine from the get-go. Rosen was a statue back there. He would have been sacked 50 times already if he was here.

I called Rosen undraftable before the draft -- to great derision likely because that was the most likely outcome for who Macc would end up with.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, genot said:

I want you on my jury if I'm ever charged with murder and the prosecutor has video and DNA.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

False.  And what you think we mean by "succeed" is a lot less than what you think.  I just wanted Darnold not to sh*t himself on the field every game he's been out there this year.  Look competent and like you have some measure of control.  Look like a professional QB.  He's been anything but. 

No one expected him to go out and throw for 4,000+ yards with all of his top 5 WR's on the depth chart getting hurt at once.  But in Year 3, the production he HAS put up is completely unacceptable, even after all the many (some valid) excuses that are laid out for him.

And hell, when Joe Flacco was under center, he really wasn't THAT much worse than Darnold.  And Flacco is 35, sucks, was hurt to start the year, and visibly looks like he doesn't want to be out there.  

It doesn't help Darnold either that 39-year old Josh McCown, under pretty similar and sh*tty circumstances, outperformed him.  

The only thing you can definitively say about Darnold in the positive direction is that he's a lot better than Luke Falk.  Yay?

All I can add is "ditto."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

You can point out the occasions whe're he's missed open receivers. None of that came close to determining the outcome of any game. The offense sucks because he has no protection and no receiver that is competent enough to adjust his route, to bail out his QB.  Though that would be Herndon, but he's takin a dump this year too

30 minutes ago, Gibby said:

49 years old. Never missed a game since the 78 season. Tanking is for the best at this point. I’ve never before done this. But I’ve watched my last game for this year. It’s just so bad- so unwatchable. No interest at all in watching Flacco fall all over himself. To BE VERY CLEAR. This IS NOT a faggy farewell post. Just done watching the Jets on TV.

I might have gone with effete.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, genot said:

Rosen was butthole. He needed to shine from the get-go. Rosen was a statue back there. He would have been sacked 50 times already if he was here.

Rosen didn't shine right away.  Darnold hasn't shone in 3 years.  Do you really think Darnold carries more trade value in 2021 than Rosen did in 2019?

• Upvote 1