Rant: The cosmetics industry profits from the insecurities of little girls

The cosmetics industry, when observed from afar, really shocks me by its insincere manipulation of little girls. 

Girls are not insecure by nature. They're made to feel insecure. The insecurity...is by design. 

Nothing is ever good enough. Your skin is too pale. Your skin is too dark. Your skin is too tanned. Your hair is too straight. Your hair is too thick. Your hair is too curly. Your hair is the 'wrong' color. Your hair is...not supposed to be there? (unibrow). Your hair is...not there at all? (thin eyebrows). 

And this is before we get into the body-related nonsense. Your t!ts are too small. Your t!ts are too big. Your waist is too big. Your waist is too skinny. Stretch-marks? MORE hair? Blegh. Unacceptable. 

Somewhere along the line, the message becomes clear: Everything...that is natural, is bad. Everything...that is natural, is ugly. 

At that point, every human being with a brain is left wondering... what is beautiful?

You've been inoculated with this insecurity, and suddenly... a savior swoops down from the heavens, to uplift your dying self-esteem. This savior sings ambiguous catch-phrases such as, "Because i'm worth it", "Maybe she's born with it". They infected you with the disease, and now they're selling you the cure. Which comes in neat little packages, sold in retail outlets near you. The cure is easily accessible, but my god is it pricy!! 

Then you have the legions of 'beauty vloggers' and influencers... to create a community for all of you suffering sinners. Complete with links to buy, buy and buy. How convenient. 

To make something beautiful, everything else - that could be natural - has to be seen as ugly and imperfect.

Before they 'empower' you...they must first weaken you.

All of this, is of course...complete nonsense.

The secret to looking good has nothing to do with buying cosmetics. It has to do with being happy and healthy, and to be happy and healthy..all you have to do, is respect nature. The universe is supreme, and there is no original sin. Everything you need, is found...in nature. Fruit. Vegetables. Water. and more water. How else have humans survived for millions of years? It's right there, in front of you the whole time. It'll be there long after you're gone. 

you're led to believe that your somehow 'imperfect' but natural, features will be the death of you. The average life expectancy in this country is 80...do you really want to spend the best part of those years listening to some a$$hole telling you you're cursed? What do you gain from pleasing them? What do you need their acknowledgement for, aren't they just another human-being? How are they ANY different from you?

To key to living a happy and healthy life, requires you to ignore crazed evangelists, and to respect nature. Once you do that, you'll discover a form of happiness and health that is not only real, but ever-lasting. far more ever-lasting than anything...you could ever buy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I'll say more on this later, but as a female . . . I think, that is, because these days my own feelings about my own orientation and my own femininity and how comfortable I feel in my own skin is often questioned by others because I'm comfortable and I don't question it . . . is that it's the same kind of fcked-up as its always been, only now its fueled by more flammable, virulent, warp speed means through Social Media, which I have never and will never belong to. Social Media is a cancer, and I will defend that position another time.

Only in today's world would anybody give a shi t about what some jackass says about anything whose entire existence is based on their outer appearance. Oh, but they do, they do . . .

Let me also preface what I'm going to say later that stereotypes often exist for a reason. I know through experience that having the courage to recognize and admit such things somehow makes you a bigot by default (it most certainly does not), but there it is, in some instances there are some levels of truth to stereotypes. OK, now that that's out of the way . . .

I'm an artist, and I've seen it all, let me just put it that way. That being said, I fit into a lot of preconceived boxes that I have a lot of fun with, but gasp! I also don't fit into a lot of preconceived boxes because I discovered a very long time ago a lost art: thinking for oneself. I am so hyper aware of how any type of media tries to influence groupthink. If I sat down anyone on here for a half an hour of TV commercials and I pointed out all of the manipulation, you would walk away a changed horrified person.

Back to the second paragraph for a moment, I'll give a perfect example to demonstrate what I mean there (for now). I have never, ever watched 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' or whatever it is. I do NOT do reality TV just like I do NOT do Social Media. Just the other day there was a reality TV commercial about these two women who look like plastic surgery nightmare bridge trolls, Stacey and Darcey or some kind of crap like that. You couldn't pay me to watch that. Anyway . . . 

So Kim Kardashian, in an effort to reinvent herself somehow, has decided to become an attorney. Okay, I can roll with that. She had some kind of documentary that she was in and also produced (I think), about taking up the cause of freeing wrongfully imprisoned persons. I can also roll with that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called The Kim Kardashian Project, and her "goal in life" now is to fight for and free the innocent. Not a bad thing, but it comes with a couple of disclaimers, the most blatant one is that it still involves . . . drumroll . . . attention whoring.

At the end of the day, if somebody has influence over someone's release from wrongful imprisonment who would otherwise rot and die in prison or be executed I'm certainly not going to complain, but the fact that she would have any clout at all simply because of her purposeful career as an attention whore is vaguely disturbing somehow. It's like that famous quote:  "I can't define obscenity but I know what it is when I hear it." I actually DID happen to watch THAT show just to hear about the guy's case, but the end result was that I couldn't help being distracted by all of the lip injection puncture wounds all over mouth that lipstick couldn't cover. It was awful.

Pardon the disjointed rambling of sorts. It's a brain thing; but there is a unifying thought somewhere in that monstrosity trust me on it, lol. It's just a precursor to greasing my wheels, and more on the OP later. Right now have to go do something that I detest: bathe. : /

EDIT& P.S.: I am not a 'TV Snob'. I love TV! I could never live without it. I have some really funny vacation TV stories. I live to write vignettes, haha. "Oh, no, we don't have TV here. We feel that it discourages conversation amongst the guests."  You can imagine the field day that the old man and I had about that B & B owner as soon as he walked away.

I would love to share the rest of that story if anyone is interested! It's pretty good! Here's a taste. The old man: "Fck this guy." Me: "We don't have TV! I'm not talking to one motherfcker in this whole place the entire weekend." We were snowed in in Vermont, LMAO.

• Upvote 2

On 11/5/2020 at 1:54 PM, predator_05 said:

The cosmetics industry, when observed from afar, really shocks me by its insincere manipulation of little girls. 

Girls are not insecure by nature. They're made to feel insecure. The insecurity...is by design. 

Nothing is ever good enough. Your skin is too pale. Your skin is too dark. Your skin is too tanned. Your hair is too straight. Your hair is too thick. Your hair is too curly. Your hair is the 'wrong' color. Your hair is...not supposed to be there? (unibrow). Your hair is...not there at all? (thin eyebrows). 

And this is before we get into the body-related nonsense. Your t!ts are too small. Your t!ts are too big. Your waist is too big. Your waist is too skinny. Stretch-marks? MORE hair? Blegh. Unacceptable. 

Somewhere along the line, the message becomes clear: Everything...that is natural, is bad. Everything...that is natural, is ugly. 

At that point, every human being with a brain is left wondering... what is beautiful?

You've been inoculated with this insecurity, and suddenly... a savior swoops down from the heavens, to uplift your dying self-esteem. This savior sings ambiguous catch-phrases such as, "Because i'm worth it", "Maybe she's born with it". They infected you with the disease, and now they're selling you the cure. Which comes in neat little packages, sold in retail outlets near you. The cure is easily accessible, but my god is it pricy!! 

Then you have the legions of 'beauty vloggers' and influencers... to create a community for all of you suffering sinners. Complete with links to buy, buy and buy. How convenient. 

To make something beautiful, everything else - that could be natural - has to be seen as ugly and imperfect.

Before they 'empower' you...they must first weaken you.

All of this, is of course...complete nonsense.

The secret to looking good has nothing to do with buying cosmetics. It has to do with being happy and healthy, and to be happy and healthy..all you have to do, is respect nature. The universe is supreme, and there is no original sin. Everything you need, is found...in nature. Fruit. Vegetables. Water. and more water. How else have humans survived for millions of years? It's right there, in front of you the whole time. It'll be there long after you're gone. 

you're led to believe that your somehow 'imperfect' but natural, features will be the death of you. The average life expectancy in this country is 80...do you really want to spend the best part of those years listening to some a$$hole telling you you're cursed? What do you gain from pleasing them? What do you need their acknowledgement for, aren't they just another human-being? How are they ANY different from you?

To key to living a happy and healthy life, requires you to ignore crazed evangelists, and to respect nature. Once you do that, you'll discover a form of happiness and health that is not only real, but ever-lasting. far more ever-lasting than anything...you could ever buy. 

I like women with big fake boobs who where tight clothes and too much makeup. 

Does that make me a bad person?

(I know, I know but I can't help it)

23 hours ago, jetophile said:

I'll say more on this later, but as a female . . . I think, that is, because these days my own feelings about my own orientation and my own femininity and how comfortable I feel in my own skin is often questioned by others because I'm comfortable and I don't question it . . .

Only in today's world would anybody give a shi t about what some jackass says about anything whose entire existence is based on their outer appearance. Oh, but they do, they do . . .

Since you took the time to write a long response, its only fair that i give you a better explanation of what i really meant. It's not really about girls or the makeup industry. I was making a broader point. 

It's about a line of thinking that teaches one to control the elements, to control and shape the environment around us. This line of thinking, by itself - isn't right or wrong - but it's the line of thinking that defines life in our country (and western civilization, at large). 

Natural, innate individuality is despised and tightly policed in order to bring behaviors in line with strategic objectives. Natural, innate individuality is met by resistance, which seeks to confine behaviors within a predictable range. Once your individuality - or whatever comes naturally to you - is taken away, you're effectively a pawn. 

As 'one of a group', you're easily manipulated. Because you've effectively stopped being 'you', and you're now 'one of them'. Your individuality is now subject to constraints; also defined as the resistance to progress. The fulfillment of individuality, an 'allowance' of what is natural, is defined as progress. One cannot exist without the other. 

This isn't specific to 'women' (as a single group), by the way. You could do this exercise with any human being, you can create entire categories of 'people' across the political spectrum...just by taking away their individuality. It's almost too easy. 

You've spent your entire life (as have I), trying to fit into 'different groups'. Moving from one group to another as you got older. And you didn't even realize it. It never occurred to you. 

Tribalism is innate, humans seek companionship and belonging. But tribalism defined specifically for the purpose of economic consumption; i.e. becoming a 'skater' to buy Vans, becoming a sports fan to buy apparel and pay per view events, becoming a gym rat to buy supplements and gym memberships, becoming 'a strong, independent woman' to buy coach handbags. All represent a controlled 'tribalism', the result of a resistance to progress. 

And all of it begins...with a withdrawal of individuality and a defined hatred of nature, where nothing natural can be 'good' - and everything natural MUST be changed. 

I have no 'solution' or 'moral of the story'. I'm just making an observation and sharing what i see. Think of my post as the digital equivalent of taking a picture, and sharing it with you. 

7 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Since you took the time to write a long response, its only fair that i give you a better explanation of what i really meant. It's not really about girls or the makeup industry. I was making a broader point. 

It's about a line of thinking that teaches one to control the elements, to control and shape the environment around us. This line of thinking, by itself - isn't right or wrong - but it's the line of thinking that defines life in our country (and western civilization, at large). 

Natural, innate individuality is despised and tightly policed in order to bring behaviors in line with strategic objectives. Natural, innate individuality is met by resistance, which seeks to confine behaviors within a predictable range. Once your individuality - or whatever comes naturally to you - is taken away, you're effectively a pawn. 

As 'one of a group', you're easily manipulated. Because you've effectively stopped being 'you', and you're now 'one of them'. Your individuality is now subject to constraints; also defined as the resistance to progress. The fulfillment of individuality, an 'allowance' of what is natural, is defined as progress. One cannot exist without the other. 

This isn't specific to 'women' (as a single group), by the way. You could do this exercise with any human being, you can create entire categories of 'people' across the political spectrum...just by taking away their individuality. It's almost too easy. 

You've spent your entire life (as have I), trying to fit into 'different groups'. Moving from one group to another as you got older. And you didn't even realize it. It never occurred to you. 

Tribalism is innate, humans seek companionship and belonging. But tribalism defined specifically for the purpose of economic consumption; i.e. becoming a 'skater' to buy Vans, becoming a sports fan to buy apparel and pay per view events, becoming a gym rat to buy supplements and gym memberships, becoming 'a strong, independent woman' to buy coach handbags. All represent a controlled 'tribalism', the result of a resistance to progress. 

And all of it begins...with a withdrawal of individuality and a defined hatred of nature, where nothing natural can be 'good' - and everything natural MUST be changed. 

I have no 'solution' or 'moral of the story'. I'm just making an observation and sharing what i see. Think of my post as the digital equivalent of taking a picture, and sharing it with you. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Disconnect from Social Media if you want to put your money where your mouth is. 

I'll be honest, I'm shot, so I speed read - sped read? I'll give it a more thoughtful and attentive going-over tomorrow. Er, today. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:14 PM, jetophile said:

Disconnect from Social Media if you want to put your money where your mouth is. 

I'll be honest, I'm shot, so I speed read - sped read? I'll give it a more thoughtful and attentive going-over tomorrow. Er, today. 

Why only social media? Social media is an extension of traditional media. There is no difference.

Same old anglo saxon capitalist principles, same messaging...based on the holy trinity of: monotheism, creationism, and...original sin:

1. Everything natural can, and should be subject to change. We MUST control our environment, before it kills us. We are above nature, and below only god. 

2. You can survive ANY force of nature, any challenge, if you try hard enough. We are NOT bound by the forces of nature. 

3. If you BELIEVE in something, it IS true, and it CAN, and WILL happen. BELIEVE. 

4. Work is rewarding and empowering, and working to earn, WILL set you (and others) free. 

5. Charity is rewarding, and giving to those in need, WILL keep you (and others) free. 

and the most important...

6. Your life is a fight. Your life is a struggle. Your life is a conflict. Your life is...one, long, never-ending WAR. The only time you'll be at peace...is when you rest in peace. 

99% of what you've seen and heard... over the course of your life, on TV, newspaper, radio, social media...anywhere...was based on the above. 

Not saying any of this is wrong...but that insecurity you have? By design. Very much by design. 

20 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Why only social media? Social media is an extension of traditional media. There is no difference . . .

You are so wrong on that. It has bred an entire culture of people who can't stop looking at themselves, and they freak out and go into withdrawal over it when they can't. It's the pool of Narcissus on overdrive. 

I'll give you a prime example. I don't belong to reddit (nor will I ever), but I breeze by on occasion. I can't tell you how quickly I turn off when people post (ad nauseum) about surviving brain cancer (with pictures!), or it's my last day of chemo (with pictures!), or I just lost my arm in a motorcycle accident, a long road of rehab ahead of me (with pictures!), or my non-verbal autistic daughter is petting her therapy kitten and I can't stop crying (with pictures!). I read a couple of lines and then say to myself, "Nothing like shilling for attention over cancer, lost limbs, and children with special needs." It makes me care LESS. There's some sort of attention seeking behavior behind it no matter how dire or challenging the subject matter, hands down. I'm confident in that conclusion. 

51 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Predator and Jetophile with insight on little girls. Hmmmmm lol

I'm not a guy. That being said, I think he's over-parsing and not seeing the forest for the trees in some regard, especially the rest in peace part. I don't know why people are either 100% convinced that they're going somewhere special based on nothing or function under the assumption that being dead is somehow different than before you were born. Now I wouldn't know, of course, because I've never been dead; but it's mind-blowing to me how people can stake their entire existence on the unseen. Who cares. 

That sentiment has nothing to do with self-preservation and wanting to preserve my own life or the lives of those I love. What it has everything to do with is that people often in my experience seem to steer away from the importance of treating people right in the only life we all know and they certainly minimize their own shi ttiness. Why? "Because God knows what's in my heart." Fck outta here, apologize to who you wronged, even in a maelstrom of a higher deceit. Cowardice - including emotional cowardice - is my most hated human trait.