What does everyone here look like?

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is my actual face in my avatar. It's not helped matters

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

I envy your visor. I had the best Jets visor ever, I wore it all the time. Then one day I wore it to work on a Saturday, beautiful summer day, and while driving in the work truck the f****** thing blew right off my head out the window on the highway doing 70 miles an hour! I'm still pissed..lol!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I envy your visor. I had the best Jets visor ever, I wore it all the time. Then one day I wore it to work on a Saturday, beautiful summer day, and while driving in the work truck the f****** thing blew right off my head out the window on the highway doing 70 miles an hour! I'm still pissed..lol!

You've never blamed yourself for your visor's suicide, which is good. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So this is my best friend Rocco's family.  From Avellino, live in Port Chester. Moved here in 1970 when he was 4. His mom, aunt, Sister and his Grandmother (RIP), every year have a truck of tomatoes shipped down from upstate NY and they make enough for all. Every year I get about 10 quarts of the best MF'n sauce on this planet. They make their own dry sausage, sopressata etc. It's incredible. His mom is back left. To hear her speak Italian to him when she visits Charlotte is kool.  He speaks very little but understands her completely. 

unnamed.jpg.34cd7f601e14227c0e67f4022928f7d7.jpg

I can totally relate to this experience.  I grew up with folks who also "put up" tomatoes from the garden, apple sauce, made wine and grappa from the pomace.  Thanks for sharing your friend's story.  Really brought back memories of those times and the people who are long gone.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's nuts. My best friend's name is Rocky. They moved here from Salerno when HE was four. HIS family makes (made, both parents gone) huge vats of sauce. They also made their own dried sausage, would have it hanging in the spare room

It's a bygone era.   Im half Italian , worked in n Italian Pork Store in NY from 13 to about 22 where I learned so much of how to prepare great Italian food, sauce, etc.......  and even then, late 70's, I remember my boss commenting how as the older generation ages out, the kids (our generation) are NOT following the tradition.  As a result we see so few TRUE Italian Deli's etc...  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It's a bygone era.   Im half Italian , worked in n Italian Pork Store in NY from 13 to about 22 where I learned so much of how to prepare great Italian food, sauce, etc.......  and even then, late 70's, I remember my boss commenting how as the older generation ages out, the kids (our generation) are NOT following the tradition.  As a result we see so few TRUE Italian Deli's etc...  

Believe me, I know. It's sad.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's nuts. My best friend's name is Rocky. They moved here from Salerno when HE was four. HIS family makes (made, both parents gone) huge vats of sauce. They also made their own dried sausage, would have it hanging in the spare room

We have a new couple just moved into the neighborhood, they lived in Singapore for 20 years but both are originally from Brooklyn & still have their heavy accents. Every Sunday she makes Sunday sauce. They invited us for dinner, I’ve never had better Egg plant parm in my life! Who knows, maybe some of you Brooklynites know the Procidas, Chris & Barbara, lol. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We have a new couple just moved into the neighborhood, they lived in Singapore for 20 years but both are originally from Brooklyn & still have their heavy accents. Every Sunday she makes Sunday sauce. They invited us for dinner, I’ve never had better Egg plant parm in my life! Who knows, maybe some of you Brooklynites know the Procidas, Chris & Barbara, lol. 

What accents?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What accents?

Very strong Brooklyn 

I lost my Long Island accent, well not completely but I lived in mass for 22 years so I pahked the car & gave the Dawg Warter. 
Drives my wife insane. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

JW, for better or worse, you might be the most prominent poster on the board right now. It comes with the territory.

What territory the fact that these guys are clowns and every damn thread they feel the need to falsely ridicule people. 

They are homophobic morons. 

Im happily married to a beautiful hot wife, 2 great successful children and trying to enjoy retirement while recovering from 2 back surgeries. 

They get off thinking they are bashing a gay guy. 

Yes I'm the bad guy in all this for posting a joke picture at @T0mShane way back sweating in the gym and DK Metcalf shirtless who should have been the NY Jets WR. 

• WTF? 1

I have to tell you guys, it’s been said here before but while we kill each other here for each other’s opinions on this team, when you look at this franchises history since 1960 I don’t think any other fan group would have the type of die hard fans the Jets do. 
All of these other teams who dominate our stadium, like Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots, have just an incredible history of winning & many of their fans aren’t even from the Cities they play in. It’s just that jump on a winning teams bandwagon. 
But I’m always amazed at how many Jet fans you see when you travel to a game. For a team that has 1 Super Bowl 52 years ago, haven’t had a winning season 10 years straight now, 0-8 to start this season, the loyalty of this fan base is really insane. 
I’ve been to other fan sites that just suck, at least here you not only talk Jets, but there are many funny posters here that have had me spit out my coffee onto my IPad. 
I’ll admit, this year has been very trying & yes, I’ve turned off games & done something else, but I always come back to optimistic seeing we might be in new QB range, bunch of draft picks, bunch of money, in a division that honestly is up for grabs over the next 5 years. 
Let’s rock 2021 free agency & draft. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Gastineau Lives this was a great idea, thanks! 

I’ve definitely picturing everyone on here to be way better looking than they are.   

Instead, we actually all look like guys who would go on the internet to discuss the New York Jets. Lol

This x 10000

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude I said someone and this sh*t is really getting old destroying every thread with your bullsh*t immature nonsense. 

This isn't the mens bath house forum where you also belong maybe you are confused. 

Grow the **** up and knock this sh*t off. 

Joe, let me offer you a piece of advice. Ignore these posts and they will go away.

You bring these jokes upon yourself by your over the top reactions that you give. People like to poke the bear (and yes, I realize gay is a slang term for some gay men), just to see the response. You never fail in providing that response. 

• Upvote 4