Baldy on Becton...atleast we have him

Jetstream

I know we are bad BUT we have more pieces besides Becton.  Q.Williams is making a lot of fans eat crow,  Mims looks like a player, Crowder is reliable and still young, Perine has looked good.  I think Ashtyn Davis has a good future too.  Obviously we have a ton of work to do but we have some hopeful young pieces on offense going forward but we need that one bigtime playmaker obviously 

3 minutes ago, jetophile said:

That's not my concern. My concern is that he'll go the way of Kris Jenkins. Great player always side-lined because his size, while an attribute, was converesly a detriment that worked against him. The weight of the machinery couldn't withstand the strain and he was always hurt, and not because of outside forces on the field most times. Think Great Dane. Long term health not sustainable. They break down and fall apart.

Seriously, that's a very astute observation, Jeto.   Had not made that connection.  Geez, forgot how often Jenkins was hurt.  

The 10-year veteran tore the same ACL midway through the 2009 season, and missed 25 regular-season games the last two years. He also tore the ACL in his right knee in 2005 while with the Panthers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/kris-jenkins-decides-to-retire-after-10-years-with-jets-panther-09000d5d820df240

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

All I'm saying is keep an eye on this.  Becton's "immensity" doesn't do us any good if he's off the field constantly.  Not that I wanted a win.  But maybe if he plays in the second half we don't implode so much on offense.  Nah, Flacco would still suck donkey phallus.

8 minutes ago, jetophile said:

That's not my concern. My concern is that he'll go the way of Kris Jenkins. Great player always side-lined because his size, while an attribute, was converesly a detriment that worked against him. The weight of the machinery couldn't withstand the strain and he was always hurt, and not because of outside forces on the field most times. Think Great Dane. Long term health not sustainable. They break down and fall apart.

We finally have a generational talent at a premium position. I am not going to lose sleep over muscle strains and other nonsense in year 1. We are going to be uber conservative with him and Mims and Davis and Zuniga. JD has already proven that. Especially in a lost year where losing is more important than winning. So any little injury is going to get them pulled from the game and DNP for a week or 2. 

I will start worrying if we are in year 3 and it's becoming a repeat occurrence year after year. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We finally have a generational talent at a premium position. I am not going to lose sleep over muscle strains and other nonsense in year 1. We are going to be uber conservative with him and Mims and Davis and Zuniga. JD has already proven that. Especially in a lost year where losing is more important than winning. So any little injury is going to get them pulled from the game and DNP for a week or 2. 

I will start worrying if we are in year 3 and it's becoming a repeat occurrence year after year. 

Fair enough.

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm not losing sleep over it it yet, either, but it's a valid point and a valid observation and of course I hope to hell it doesn't go that way. It's akin to a large percentage of pro basketball players getting debilitating, crippling arthritis in their feet by age 30, or having specific cardiac problems related to height more often than the average population. That's really all I'm saying, and it's really not a matter of contention when it's a fact. Other than that, I do agree that there's no reason to keep him in there in a garbage game in garbage time if it's not necessary. Unfortunately it seems that's when a lot of wreckage happens.