Who is your least favorite Jet of all time?

jgb

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

If you watch that entire game you will see that the biggest collective hit the Jets took came from the home town zebras.  The Jets did not get a single break the entire game and the zebras came down on the side of the Browns every single time even if it was a toss-up.  Play that game as a Jets home game with a different set of officials and the Jets win.  

I will never watch that game a second time. The first time was more than enough. Still get sick when I think about it.  To me it is easily the worst loss in all of Jets history. And that's saying something.

• Post of the Week 1

I've thought about this for a bit and I've settled on Bubby Brister.

A one and done jag who represents the hopelessness of the previous dark ages of jets football - the Rich Kottite Era. 

Brister started as Boomer's backup and played when Esiason got hurt.

Keep in mind, two years prior, Bubby led the Eagles back vs the Jets in one of the all-time collapses. Already up 21-0, the Jets knocked Randall Cunningham out of the game. Enter Bubby who leads the Eagles to a victory they had no business winning. 

So I already hated the guy,

But worse, by playing one of his Philly guys, Kottite was preventing Glenn Foley from playing. 

Not only did Bubby suck for us, he gave us maybe the 2nd most embarrassing play in Jets history (behind the butt fumble) when he literally gave the Carolina Panthers their first win in franchise history.

https://www.panthers.com/video/sam-mills-interception-vs-jets-in-first-ever-win

F Bubby Brister.

47 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I will never watch that game a second time. The first time was more than enough. Still get sick when I think about it.  To me it is easily the worst loss in all of Jets history. And that's saying something.

I dig.  For me, the Mud Bowl was the worst loss followed by the loss in the 2010 AFC Champ Game vs. the Squeelers.  Mostly because the line judge stopped calling holding penalties agaisnt the Squeeler offensive line in the 4th qtr when Rapistburger was running around.  There is no other NFL team that has been granted more playoff wins courtesy of the officials than the little Squeelers.  **** them.  **** their league sweetheart, Rooney.  And double **** you to their fans outside of their PA market area that have adopted the Squeelers because they want to wear the tuff guy blue collar working class hero moniker.  They aint going to the Steel mill and drinking 20 shots after a ten hour shift.  They are suburban puds with Walter Mitty syndrome and no support for their local team. 

• Upvote 1

Alex Van Lesbian, as he used to be called to get around the NY Times forum profanity filter.

Guy couldn't catch a cold, and made huge mistakes in huge games (see: 1998 AFC Championship Game).

I remember, when he was drafted in round 2, people said he was "more pro ready" than Keyshawn, our #1 overall pick.

Nope. He sucked.

• Upvote 2

Kyle "Always a Step Behind" Wilson. How he was ever considered a first round talent on  any planet was beyond me. I still remember the game where he got three major penalties on consecutive pays, and Rex had to yank him from the game. Couldn't play football, couldn't fake it - a total zero.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Blair was a good guy ... his problem was that he was 4th round talent selected as the 2nd overall pick.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

You mean like nice and stuff?   Yeah I can appreciate that to a degree, but I hate him as a football player. I knew he sucked year one. And he was taking carries from my fave Freeman Mcneil. That's tough for a young fan to take lol 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Gastineau got all the heat but that PI was just as costly if not more so.  And like the late hit, was completely unnecessary.

yup....again long time ago at this point, but IIRC all he had to do was turn around and it would have been a pick.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:10 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I gave him the thumbs down!  I'm open to why you would pull back from slamming that sonofabitch who dares talk about Chad that way. :) 

@CTM

If there was rep on these sites from 04-06 I'd probably be in the red  :)