This Week In The Race To The Bottom

BettyBoop

One thing is clear.  We must lose to the Patriots.  As long as that happens we want the Texans to beat the Jaguars because the Fish hold Houston's first pick.  Also, we want the G-Men to beat the WFT to gain some breathing room in the race.  I suspect it will all come down to the Jets and Jaguars for the Lawrence sweepstakes.

Just lose baby!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

One thing is clear.  We must lose to the Patriots.  As long as that happens we want the Texans to beat the Jaguars because the Fish hold Houston's first pick.  Also, we want the G-Men to beat the WFT to gain some breathing room in the race.  I suspect it will all come down to the Jets and Jaguars for the Lawrence sweepstakes.
Just lose baby!
Such a sad time ... thanks ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Definitely need Jax to win this week as it's their only possible shot at winning a game the rest of the way. 

I agree but I just don't see that happening.  Of course, I didn't think the Vikings had any chance against the Packers, so there's that.  The best chance we have is to just keep losing.

It is time to roll out Morgan at QB but Gaze is such a moron he won't do it.  Also time for Clarke, Zuniga, Ty Johnson, Lamar Jackson, Perine and Bryce Hall to play most of the snaps.  Also need to stop virtually taking Mims and Perine out of the game at halftime.  But Gaze is such a moron he won't do it.

9 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Just lose baby!

Definitely not! We want Jags to beat Texans. Texans have a FQB and less likely to draft QB if we finish behind them for #1 pick. We could trade up if need be. If Jags finish with #1 I doubt they trade down.

Either way Dolphins will have a top 5 pick.

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Texans have a FQB and less likely to draft QB if we finish behind them for #1 pick. We could trade up if need be. If Jags finish with #1 I doubt they trade down.

Either way Dolphins will have a top 5 pick.

The fin's have their !st and second round picks.

• Upvote 2

I'm taking a long view here.  My druther is to finish with #1 OR #2 to ensure Lawrence or Fields.  If the Jags win and the Jags and Texans lose the rest of the way, and we somehow win even 1 game we could end up with the #3 pick which would be a disaster.  

Gotta end up with #1 or #2 and I think the best path is for the Texans to win this week.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

I agree but I just don't see that happening.  Of course, I didn't think the Vikings had any chance against the Packers, so there's that.  The best chance we have is to just keep losing.

It is time to roll out Morgan at QB but Gaze is such a moron he won't do it.  Also time for Clarke, Zuniga, Ty Johnson, Lamar Jackson, Perine and Bryce Hall to play most of the snaps.  Also need to stop virtually taking Mims and Perine out of the game at halftime.  But Gaze is such a moron he won't do it.

Better give up the Morgan idea right this minute if you want to be happy. 

He wont play at all this season and he shouldnt. 

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Jaguars winning is the most important non-Jets result of the season, IMO. We need them to win.

If you're worried about the Jets beating the Pats, don't. Jets have scored one offensive TD against the Pats in their last five games. They're going to kick our ass on national TV just like they always do.

Cam Newton looks terrible, this is not remotely the same pats as ever before. 

Now, they should still beat this team because we will be out coached so badly it won;t be funny but this is one game where we have a shot.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Now, they should still beat this team because we will be out coached so badly it won;t be funny but this is one game where we have a shot.

I'm not saying the Pats don't stink.

I'm saying they've shown a propensity to dominate this offense in years where we weren't even the worst offense of all time.

I'd be surprised if the game was competitive.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I disagree, we want jax to win this game rather badly.

I am also getting the feeling that we have a real legit shot at beating the pats this week.

We’re not beating the Pats. Have you not seen us play? We’ll be lucky to score 10. 

4 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm taking a long view here.  My druther is to finish with #1 OR #2 to ensure Lawrence or Fields.  If the Jags win and the Jags and Texans lose the rest of the way, and we somehow win even 1 game we could end up with the #3 pick which would be a disaster.  

Gotta end up with #1 or #2 and I think the best path is for the Texans to win this week.

if you're not first you're last.  the only way all of this losing pain subsides is if they finish with the first pick.  that gives them all of the options.  i think the jags are the team most likely of the teams who want a qb in the draft.  the texans should be set with watson and the doltfins have tua.  barring something bad happening to either guy they won't be looking for a qb.  however, they may opt to tradeout of the spot for a pretty good haul of draft picks.

15 hours ago, rangerous said:

if you're not first you're last.  the only way all of this losing pain subsides is if they finish with the first pick.  that gives them all of the options.  i think the jags are the team most likely of the teams who want a qb in the draft.  the texans should be set with watson and the doltfins have tua.  barring something bad happening to either guy they won't be looking for a qb.  however, they may opt to tradeout of the spot for a pretty good haul of draft picks.

There is no doubt if you're picking 1 or 2 and don't want a QB you're trading out.  There's just too much value in those two.

We will truly regret winning that 1 or 2 games that will cost us one of those two spots.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

There is no doubt if you're picking 1 or 2 and don't want a QB you're trading out.  There's just too much value in those two.

We will truly regret winning that 1 or 2 games that will cost us one of those two spots.

They haven’t won them yet. It’s still possible because, like it or not, gase hasn’t lost the locker room.

If the predictions of those supposedly in the know are correct [Jets down by 10 points, Giants down by 3 points,] we'll find our two local New Jersey NFL teams with a combined total w/l of 1/17 at the end of Week 9.

I believe this to be a 'first'. That, at least, makes something out of [almost] nothing.

Go, Jets!

21 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Jaguars winning is the most important non-Jets result of the season, IMO. We need them to win.

If you're worried about the Jets beating the Pats, don't. Jets have scored one offensive TD against the Pats in their last five games. They're going to kick our ass on national TV just like they always do.

Yep.  Lil Bill isn't losing to the Jets on Monday night.

Week 17 might be a different story if the win keeps the Jets  from a QB 

On 11/6/2020 at 1:02 PM, Beerfish said:

Don't worry.  The Patriots will blow out the Jets.   

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

8DE0E141-3E57-42E5-9836-03B171387795.thumb.jpeg.a96e8e68e409c7aaf5bd49a070ea685b.jpeg

Looks much better than it did 2+ weeks ago.  There were 6 or 7 teams with 1 win apiece then.  All but one of those are now 2+ win teams.

This thing is officially a 2-horse race, ladies and gentlemen.  And no, the Patriots aren't handing us 2 wins.  Not happening.  

On 11/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, chirorob said:

Depending on the QB situation, the Fins can trade back with that Houston pick and pick up a whole host more pics this year and next.

Mac was a part of the Texans organization and he couldn't manage to to take abuse BoB like half of the league was doing...lord, he was bad.