Jets Release CB Quincy Wilson

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Is it a wasted pick though? JD pulled off some wheelin and dealin to earn the right to take some swings outside of the box.  Again, I didn't love it, but I get the thinking. We had a brand new CB group with only really Austin, Hairston and Maulette returning. Bringing in a former 2nd rd CB who has played in the NFL is s decent swing for a 6th. 

Still would have gone another way, but it makes sense. 

After the fact it's a wasted pick. 

He took a gamble and lost Doctson,Moncreif,Kalil,Vadvik he needs to do better as GM of the NY Jets if he's going to be the guy that improves this team. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Has he seen the field yet. 

We needed WR's and OL with that pick not QB. 

If he was drafted to be the backup QB why did we sign Joe Flacco. 

How many games has James Morgan been the backup QB. 

Why are the NY Jets projected to pick a QB if we get the #1 pick in the draft. 

As much as the next guy id like to see Morgan play Monday night but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none. 

So I see this pick as a waste of a pick. 

This is a 4 year plan dude...Not sure how many times you have to be told this.

Great, you see it as a wasted pick.  Nobody will change your mind.

Have at it.  But PLEASE, come back here in three years and admit your errors when this team is in the playoffs, because GOD KNOWS you will be here for the next three years telling how many times Douglas gets something wrong.

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

This is a 4 year plan dude...Not sure how many times you have to be told this.

Great, you see it as a wasted pick.  Nobody will change your mind.

Have at it.  But PLEASE, come back here in three years and admit your errors when this team is in the playoffs, because GOD KNOWS you will be here for the next three years telling how many times Douglas gets something wrong.

So James Morgan the NY Jets starting QB in 2024-2025

I call it like I see it and when he finally does something right I will applaud him as the NY Jets GM. 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

After the fact it's a wasted pick. 

He took a gamble and lost Doctson,Moncreif,Kalil,Vadvik he needs to do better as GM of the NY Jets if he's going to be the guy that improves this team. 

The only one on there that was a gamble that we can actually blame him for would be Vedvik. He kept him as the only kicker into an NFL season. Bad move. 

Kalil was an amazing swing in desperation time after he was here for about 2 months. Talked a former probowler out of retirement to help the team he just adopted. 

JD will make plenty of moves that don't work. That's ok if the big ones like his first 3 rds of the draft actually become starters.  I think JD is doing an amazing job so far with a team that was deep down the drain. Gotta find and take care of the problem before you can fix it. 

Now if we could just get rid of Gase. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Are you smoking something down by the river tonight. :D

haha I don't smoke buddy. You know that. 

I dont get how anyone could see it differently.  The sh*t bag that guy inherited is enormous. Gotta give him a min to take out the trash man. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

haha I don't smoke buddy. You know that. 

I dont get how anyone could see it differently.  The sh*t bag that guy inherited is enormous. Gotta give him a min to take out the trash man. 

He inherited a mess but I did expect a little better results than us being 0-8 soon to be 0-9 the worst team in the NFL