It's time to start talking about Zach Wilson

27 minutes ago, genot said:

If.......if.........if!!!!!!!If he,TL isn't this generational. Prospect,then we lost tbe oppurtunity in one off season to fill close to all our needs on both sides of the ball.

Pass up on a guy who's been a top of the heap prospect since puberty for a boatload of if......if......ifs?  

Sorry, QB trumps all.  The golden rule

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pass up on a guy who's been a top of the heap prospect since puberty for a boatload of if......if......ifs?  

Sorry, QB trumps all.  The golden rule

Can you assure me that if TL was the QB here the last few years we would have won more games. If you can't, then giving up on. 23 yr old QB, when we have a chance to build a team around him in one off season is the way to go. I mean, i respect everybody who looks at it differently.....but, im a little stubborn on this one.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And?  Kind of means we agree.

Others are commenting on his arm.  Playing at BYU means a lot.  Need to see more

I mean...you quoted me originally and I’m not quite sure how either of my posts you’ve quoted relate to your responses.

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Can you assure me that if TL was the QB here the last few years we would have won more games. If you can't, then giving up on. 23 yr old QB, when we have a chance to build a team around him in one off season is the way to go. I mean, i respect everybody who looks at it differently.....but, im a little stubborn on this one.

Whats it a one or the other, the only two choices are FQB or talented roster?  Like thats how anyone thinks it works?

We need on pick to lock up the QB position and have more than enough picks and cap space to shore up the roster or at least get it rolling.  

Sitting here today, with the rosters and QBs, would you rather be the Jets or Bengals?
Jets or Chargers?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats it a one or the other, the only two choices are FQB or talented roster?  Like thats how anyone thinks it works?

We need on pick to lock up the QB position and have more than enough picks and cap space to shore up the roster or at least get it rolling.  

Sitting here today, with the rosters and QBs, would you rather be the Jets or Bengals?
Jets or Chargers?

Obviously not the Jets. Now Darnold is out for the Monday night. Thought we could win that game,with Darnold playing well. My goodness.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Put either of those guys on the present jets team and they will look like utter crap, just like Darnold.

That's the beautiful thing, we aren't adding them to THIS team. We are adding them to a team with a plethora of high picks and an abundance of cap space in an offseason where a lot of really good talent is going to get cut.

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So this is your fault?

Lol, maybe so. 

In fairness though, if it were up to me we would have drafted Watson out of college with Dalvin Cook that same draft in the 2nd Rd. And I know this because I just spent a half hour going through memory lane looking at my old threads.

Then again, I also advocated for Paxton Lynch soooo.....50/50 this one turns out ok.

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2020 at 1:27 PM, Pointdexter said:

He's not Trevor Lawrence, no one is. Just to get this out of the way, I've never seen a QB prospect like Lawrence in my 30+ years of following this stuff.

With all that said, this is shaping up to be a banner year for QBs in the 2021 draft class. No matter what happens with Sam, I would be disappointed if we didn't add one of these guys at some point in the draft.

We all know about Lawrence, Fields, and Tre Lance. There's also intriguing second level guys like Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask, Brock Purdy, and Sam Ehlinger. 

But no one is rising faster than Zach Wilson. I think right now he's neck and neck with Lance to be the 3rd QB off the board. He leads the nation in passing yards and TDs and has BYU at 8-0 with 6 of their victories at 30+ points. BYU has a legitimate chance to make the NCAA playoff and Wilson is the biggest reason why.

Nice prognostication - kudos.

Now, do you happen to have an opinion on this weekend's winning lottery numbers?

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Solid.

Calling it a coin toss between Lawrence and Wilson way back in November deserves some kudos.

The call on Lawrence being a better fit for the Jets was before we knew what offense we may be running with a new coach. 

Not going to lie, when I saw an old thread was brought back to life and I had an unusual amount of notifications, I was like wtf did I say now. ?. The last time this happened, I was defending Jamal Adams. Lol.

The Lawrence is a generational talent narrative is really tough to see through. Hopefully we actually draft Wilson (Jags could still throw a wrench in this thing) and are all taking victory laps in a couple years.

Both are really good prospects. Zach is the right guy for us though. Once we draft him and put a good team around him, we should all get excited.

Nice job pointdexter for starting the Zach Wilson hype train. Derp was in here with the early Mahomes and Rodgers comparisons. Nice.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I find it laughable that some of his biggest supporters wanted nothing to do with him in this thread. 

To be fair I almost didn’t come in either thinking to myself “start?” Talking about Zach Wilson? Thought it was a new thread at first. 

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair I almost didn’t come in either thinking to myself “start?” Talking about Zach Wilson? Thought it was a new thread at first. 

Right, but there are posters that argue pro Wilson now that wanted nothing to do with him when he first appeared on the scene.  

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Right, but there are posters that argue pro Wilson now that wanted nothing to do with him when he first appeared on the scene.  

Because they removed their biases and took time to learn about the player... I know I did..

Lot's of people here doubted this guy too... 

• Upvote 1

Some of us went back to October (28th) re: Wilson (just sayin')

CTJetsFan

·         2nd Year Veteran

·        

·        

·         Members

·         1,895 posts

·        

Posted October 28, 2020

The more I see and read about Wilson, I'm starting to think he will move up quickly as the draft gets closer and will be the 3rd QB in the mix (with Lawrence & Fields)

CTJetsFan

·         2nd Year Veteran

·        

·         Members

·         1,895 posts

·        

Posted October 28, 2020

Admittedly, I have not seen Lance at all. That being said, I think he's too risky for us in the top 6 given his lack of experience...at the FCS level.

However, if we miss out on Lawrence & Fields, the BYU QB (Zach Wilson) has my attention.

43 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I find it laughable that some of his biggest supporters wanted nothing to do with him in this thread. 

Well yeah, most of the people have actually watched tape on Wilson since Nov 7.

Some people choose to do this, and talk about how small he is, (6"2" 214) and how Mormon he is.  :) 

kids-in-garden-playing-blind-mans-buff-p

20 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Because they removed their biases and took time to learn about the player... I know I did..

Most of us have gotten on board with Wilson at #2. But some are legitimately concerned about Wilson's small frame and past shoulder surgery.

As someone that's about to have his 2nd shoulder surgery in 12 years, it's not easy for me to embrace this pick (especially with Fields sitting there).

I just hope in a few years from now I won't have to bump this post and say "I told you so".