It's time to start talking about Zach Wilson

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Right, but there are posters that argue pro Wilson now that wanted nothing to do with him when he first appeared on the scene.  

FWIW, a few us in the draft forum brought him up after the Bosie St. game.  The 3 posters who brought him up as a real prospect to look for are now considered 3 of the biggest Wilson haters on the board.

It's wild what the predraft process does...but make no mistake, Wilson is one of the biggest risers in the history of the predaft process possibly, ever. 

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

FWIW, a few us in the draft forum brought him up after the Bosie St. game.  The 3 posters who brought him up as a real prospect to look for are now considered 3 of the biggest Wilson haters on the board.

It's wild what the predraft process does...but make no mistake, Wilson is one of the biggest risers in the history of the predaft process possibly, ever. 

If Mac Jones goes 3rd, I would have to disagree with you.  

Before his final season Joe Borrow was at best a 5th round pick and very possibly an FA.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Mac Jones goes 3rd, I would have to disagree with you.  

Before his final season Joe Borrow was at best a 5th round pick and very possibly an FA.

Hard for me to completely agree simply because we're talking about starting QB's for LSU and Bama, who we saw ascending at then end of 19.  Both Burrow and Jones had a stretch of really high level play to finish out the season.  Somewhat ironic, Burrow went off vs. UCF in the Bowl Game.  Jones had a monster game in the Iron Bowl vs. Auburn.  Both players, put up close to 700 yards passing and 7 TD's in their final 2 games of the season.  Burrow even added a 100 yards rushing vs Texas A&M.  Were they #1/top 3 overall projections?  No but they were on the map simply because of the programs and the exposure on national TV.  Both players were known and at least getting drafted.   Zach Wilson, not so much.

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

When you say predraft, what time period are you referring? Wilson was considered a 1st rounder by many in late November to early December.

I think of predraft as the end of college season to the draft. In this case, his rise is really just mid 1st to top of the 1st.

He definitely had a huge senior season. Similar to Burrow and Baker. Although Baker had a couple bug years and was just ignored because Big 12 and stuff.

When I think of someone who benefited from a predraft process, I’m thinking combine warriors etc. There’s hardly been a predraft process this year.