Who wants Harbaugh now?!?!?!!

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Even if Harbaugh doesn’t get us to the motherland within 4-5 years, at least I have faith in him to not completely ruin Lawrence/Fields and build up a respectable team on all 3 sides of the ball during his tenure.

I agree.  And that's why I could live with him.  Harbaugh is a capable but likely unspectacular head coach.  If the Lawrence situation plays out, the most important thing the Jets need out of the next head coach hire is simply don't whiff. It doesn't have to be a home run hire to move the organization leaps forward.  A clean double would be perfectly fine in my opinion.  It just can't be a whiff.  I think Harbaugh could provide the clean double.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t care what he favors if it scores points.  He, also, doesn’t run a traditional “run-first” offense.

Our most successful head coach in the last 20 years was a rookie head coach without a clue on how to “build a program “.  If you wanna go back a few years, the guy we both agree “built the best program” was a first time head coach in Mangini.  Getting someone who has experience doesn’t mean you’re going to get results.  Harbaugh was seen as a power hungry lighting rod in SF and many respected veterans said that his act wore thin by the time he left there.  Now he’s going to be looked at, ultimately, as a failure at Michigan and that is what you want to consider bringing in?  Sorry, but no thanks.

Lastly, I’ll defend Roman one last time by leaving this here:DBF43E22-D734-43F8-8E18-7E25225950FB.thumb.png.c1a0820223964c49d9fb58a0147f8bc1.png

Ugh, I'm not calling to hire Harbaugh.  I just dont want Roman.

Points per drive?

This thread was started because IU (ranked 13) beat UM (ranked 23rd), which meant that the better team won. https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Harbaugh started at University of San Diego (who?), who he turned into an 11-1 team by his last season. 

Stanford was 1-11 the season before Harbaugh got there. By the time he left Stanford for San Francisco, Stanford was 11-1 (the 1st 11 win season in school history). Ironically, he also interviewed for the Jets vacancy and was beat out by Rex. 

Harbaugh instead went to San Francisco and turned them around (in 1 year) from 6-10 to 13-3. 

He won at least 9 games in all but 1 season at Michigan. Did he beat Ohio State? No, but who the f*ck does except for Clemson, Alabama or Oklahoma?

Does he run an outdated offense? Maybe, but he has shown a willingness to adapt his offense: 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/5/9/18525329/michigan-offense-2019-josh-gattis-jim-harbaugh-shea-patterson

Did Shea Patterson develop under Harbaugh? No. Did Patterson develop as Ole Miss before that? No. Maybe Shea (although he was a big recruit) just sucked regardless of the coach. 

Bottom line: Sign me up for Harbaugh. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It doesn’t help that Greg Roman has gained a reputation for developing QBs 

What? Roman has a reputation for developing a running game. His passing offense has never been a claim to fame. You can argue that having a top tier running game can help a QB, but he certainly doesn't have a reputation for developing them. 

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

What? Roman has a reputation for developing a running game. His passing offense has never been a claim to fame. You can argue that having a top tier running game can help a QB, but he certainly doesn't have a reputation for developing them. 

0BBE5AB1-F8CF-4136-ABB1-D79A471642D6.thumb.png.26345230f2dc9837a7d1e8237abb37e4.png

All of these quarterbacks (all of which were young when Roman got them) thrived in his system.  His work with Lamar, alone, has given him an excellent reputation around the league.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All of these quarterbacks (all of which were young when Roman got them) thrived in his system.  His work with Lamar, alone, has given him an excellent reputation around the league.

You've confused having an effective offense with poor QBs as being a QB whisperer. He didn't make any of those QBs good (I'll exclude Jackson for the time being, but he's having a rough year).

For example, Taylor is awful, but he never turns it over...so if you have a running game then you can be effective. That doesn't mean Taylor was a decent QB or was any better under Roman or better having worked with Roman. Roman can develop a running game, not a QB. Having a running game is very beneficial to a QB. Especially bad ones. 

• Upvote 1

Any Jet fan who says no to Jim Harbaugh due to "Michigan" is not only absolutely clueless but also deserves... Adam Gase. 

Jim Harbaugh was once an NFL Quarterback himself of 14 years and one who led his Colts to an AFC Championship Game. 

And he's a true offensive and QB minded brain who once developed a younger Andrew Luck as a Freshman and Sophomore QB into the greatest QB prospect coming out since Elway and Manning and went 12-1 during their final year together @ STANFORD; just imagine what he'd do with a TREVOR LAWRENCE. 

And wtf does Michigan have to do with Jim on an NFL level? Because Jim still to this day ranks 5th All-Time in NFL winning percentage amongst all NFL coaches All-Time and throughout 4 seasons with San Francisco and he...

A.) Never had a losing season.

B.) Went 44-19 overall.

C.) Had a top 5 NFL winning percentage All-Time of .695%.

D.) Led his teams to 3 NFL Championship Games and 1 SB appearance. 

E.) Did it with average QBs in Alex Smith and Kaep. 

D.) Imagine what he'd do alongside of TREVOR LAWRENCE?!??!?

It's funny how clueless Jet fans don't realize that after going 44-19 (.695%) throughout his 4 years in San Francisco with 0 losing season's, 3 NFC Championship games & 1 SB?

That the same loser GM who he hated and who fired him only went 21-43 (.328%) with 0 Winning Seasons and 0 playoff games throughout San Francisco's next 4 seasons and then... FIRED! (Fell off a cliff immediately following Jim's departure). 

Any Jet fan who says no to Jim Harbaugh absolutely deserves Adam Gase developing Trevor Lawrence (weirdos). 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Harbaugh is still my top choice.
College is success is 90% recruiting.
Jim Harbaugh is a psychopath going up against OSU for top prospects. Parents don’t want their kids committing to someone who climbs a tree in their backyard.
Harbaugh is better suited for the NFL and had success at Stanford because he was lucky enough to recruit Luck. But he developed him and along with Alex Smith and Colin Kapernick in the NFL.
I’m all in on Jim. 
Kap ... really ???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I don’t care what he favors if it scores points.  He, also, doesn’t run a traditional “run-first” offense.
Our most successful head coach in the last 20 years was a rookie head coach without a clue on how to “build a program “.  If you wanna go back a few years, the guy we both agree “built the best program” was a first time head coach in Mangini.  Getting someone who has experience doesn’t mean you’re going to get results.  Harbaugh was seen as a power hungry lighting rod in SF and many respected veterans said that his act wore thin by the time he left there.  Now he’s going to be looked at, ultimately, as a failure at Michigan and that is what you want to consider bringing in?  Sorry, but no thanks.
Lastly, I’ll defend Roman one last time by leaving this here:DBF43E22-D734-43F8-8E18-7E25225950FB.thumb.png.c1a0820223964c49d9fb58a0147f8bc1.png
All running QBs ... hard pass

Any Jet fan who says no to Jim Harbaugh due to "Michigan" is not only absolutely clueless but also deserves... Adam Gase. 
Jim Harbaugh was once an NFL Quarterback himself of 14 years and one who led his Colts to an AFC Championship Game. 
And he's a true offensive and QB minded brain who once developed a younger Andrew Luck as a Freshman and Sophomore QB into the greatest QB prospect coming out since Elway and Manning and went 12-1 during their final year together @ STANFORD; just imagine what he'd do with a TREVOR LAWRENCE. 
And wtf does Michigan have to do with Jim on an NFL level? Because Jim still to this day ranks 5th All-Time in NFL winning percentage amongst all NFL coaches All-Time and throughout 4 seasons with San Francisco and he...
B.) Went 44-19 overall.
It's funny how clueless Jet fans don't realize that after going 44-19 (.695%) throughout his 4 years in San Francisco with 0 losing season's, 3 NFC Championship games & 1 SB?
That the same loser GM who he hated and who fired him only went 21-43 (.328%) with 0 Winning Seasons and 0 playoff games throughout San Francisco's next 4 seasons and then... FIRED! (Fell off a cliff immediately following Jim's departure). 
Any Jet fan who says no to Jim Harbaugh absolutely deserves Adam Gase developing Trevor Lawrence (weirdos). 
Average QB in Smith ... the overall No. 1 pick.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Average QB in Smith ... the overall No. 1 pick.

lol. 

Alex Smith as a 49er: He was a losing QB @ 19-31 up until Harbaugh arrived from 2005-2010. 

2005: 2-5. 

2006: 7-9. 

2007: 2-5. 

2008: Didn't play 0-0. 

2009: 5-5. 

2010: 3-7. 

So during his first 6 years and 5 season's (before Jim) Alex Smith only went 19-31 (.380%)

Jim Harbaugh saved him once arriving in 2011. 

2011: 13-3. 

2012: 6-2. 

Immediately after a former NFL QB in Jim himself arrived? Alex Smith then went 19-5 during their only 24 games together and that's a winning percentage of .791%. 

You were saying? Alex Smith? 

And another Jim Harbaugh fact you can not ignore is that Jim Harbaugh developed a younger Andrew Luck as a Freshman and Sophomore into the greatest NFL QB prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning & during Luck's Sophomore season together they went 12-1 @ Stanford. 

Another Jim fact you can not ignore is that his NFL winning percentage of .695% (44-19) is 5th All-Time amongst NFL head coaches, All-Time. 

Another fun fact that you must acknowledge is that throughout his 4 years in San Francisco A.) He never had a losing season. B.) Went 44-19 overall (.695%). C.) Led his teams to 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance and D.) Immediately following his departure from San Francisco over the next 4 years his ex GM ended up getting fired because of 0 winning seasons (0/4) and a losing record of 21-43 (.328%) lol. 

If we land Trevor Lawrence?

Jim/Lawrence becomes the NFLs next AFC East version of Bill/Brady. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

if we miss on TL... would u advocate keeping Darnold maybe Harbaugh can work his magic again??

Did Alex Smith credit his improvement to Jim?

I didn't follow him that closely.

I don't know who Alex credits for his turnaround all I know is Smith was a career loser and considered 1st round bust turned into immediate winner immediately after Jim's arrival. 

And no. I'm all the way done with Sam. He's in his 3rd year and ranked dead last 32nd amongst all NFL QB's and he's the same type of turnover machine in the NFL as he was @ USC; absolutely turnover prone. 

The problem with Sam is more than just Gase and the Jets. He can't read defense's pre snap and he's completely lost after the hike. And that's because he's a converted HS Linebacker compared to Trevor, who's father had him a professional QB coach in Middle School and practicing with (and destroying) his soon to be HS teams varsity team; in middle school. All while Sam was learning how to tackle @ that age. 

You see. Trevor Lawrence isn't only the #1 Rated college QB; he was also the #1 Rated H.S QB within the entire Country and one of the biggest H.S recruits heading into college of All-Time. 

Cover 2 been the same since little league. Man to man been the same since little league. Cover 3 been the same since little league. Etc. Sam was a converted HS LB and therefore he got off to a late start and the QB position of reading defenses will never be natural to him. 

Sam was a fumbling machine in HS @ QB. He was a turnover machine with both ints and fumbles @ USC and absolutely nothing has changed on an NFL level he still makes the same mistakes as he always has. 

If we miss out on TL hopefully we land Fields #2 but Sam has to go because not even Jim can save him because the speed of the game @ his position is too fast for him and it'll never slow down because he's not a natural QB phenom never was and never will be. 

Say what we say about Gase but even Ryan Tanny during their 2 years together in Miami posted respectable QB Ratings of 92 and 93. Sam under Gase? 65?!? He's gotta go man. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We're basing it on one game?

I love people evaluating Harbaugh’s ability to coach NFL Quarterbacks based on his ability to recruit players for Michigan 

If College success = NFL success Nick Saban would have more rings than Belichick 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You guys are insane — Harbaugh to Jets would be exactly the Parcellian moment this team needs. Too bad the Jets never waste an opportunity to waste an opportunity.

It’s a total no brainer hire.  Lawrence and Harbaugh is a literal match made in heaven

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Me

This is the most important coaching hire in this teams history who in all likelihood will be tasked with developing maybe the most prized QB prospect in 40 years.

But if people would rather bring in Andy Reid’s coffee fetcher based on no more than a hope and a prayer...well...more power to them, I guess.

I’ll take Harbaugh 

Want no part of either the coffee fetcher, or the loser...

I apologize for the language.  When you’re an IU football fan and a Jets fan you don’t get to celebrate “big” wins much.  (yes from an IU fan perspective that was a big win yesterday)

I think I’m still drunk.  Today is gonna be rough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

B.) Went 44-19 overall.

Harbaugh is a proven NFL head coach. There is no coordinator that you can hire that has that resume.NONE. And he may be available and have a serious bug up his ass to show he can still coach in the NFL. Other than money (always an issue with the idiots who own the Jets) and having to convince him to deal with the the ingrained mess that is the franchise, hiring Jim Harbaugh is about as close as there would be to a no brainer. 

College is a different game. It's recruiting. Recall LT Isaiah Wilson picked Georgia over Michigan supposedly because Harbaugh wore cleats on to his mom's clean floors. So if you're faulting him because he has trouble grasping the minds of a silly 18 year olds, understand that isn't going to matter . Simply you are saying he is a failure as a coach because of recruiting,  a skills set that doesn't matter in the NFL. Urban Meyer was a success in Florida we now know in part because as in the case of Aaron Hernandez and many other reprobates, the local police looked the other way when Gators got in trouble. As a friend of mine who once coached Div.1 basketball was fond of saying, your whole career is dependent on a bunch of teenagers you have no real control over not doing something stupid on a Saturday night. 

And who better to coach an NFL QB than a guy who was a very good NFL QB? For crissakes, coming off Gase it's like going from the plane the Wright brothers used to an F14. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1