Would you rather...? RB Edition

Which RB draft scneario do you like the best?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB draft scenario do you like the best?

• Travis Etiene with pick 31
    • Najee Harris with pick 65
    • Chuba Hubbard with pick 94
    • Journey Brown with pick 102
    • No interested in taking a RB in this draft

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Which scenario do you like the most?

Good post because you assigned all of them different spots. I picked Harris because he would be a steal at 65 but I sure could live with Etienne at 31.

Watched a few games of Hubbard and am not a fan. He's talented no doubt, but he runs east-west far too often and gets taken down with easy arm tackles. I do think he will test well come combine time.

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I went with Journey Brown at 102. He's as explosive at Etienne (although without as much of a proven track record). 

That's kind of where I fell. I love Etienne but give how many needs this team has I'm not sure I could justify a RB that high -- it's harder to find impact players at OL, Edge, and CB later in the draft. But a home run hitter like Brown at 102 -- I think I could sign up for that even if he isn't the rock solid all around prospect.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RobR said:

Good post because you assigned all of them different spots. I picked Harris because he would be a steal at 65 but I sure could live with Etienne at 31.

Yeah, truthfully I don't think Harris will be there at 65, but it seemed like the most realistic spot we could take him at.

13 hours ago, RobR said:

Watched a few games of Hubbard and am not a fan. He's talented no doubt, but he runs east-west far too often and gets taken down with easy arm tackles. I do think he will test well come combine time.

Yeah, he's my least favorite in these scenarios but there's definitely some hype to him.

• Upvote 1

I would rather Harris who has the frame and I'll assume the wingspan to be of great help in pass protection. Not even that high on him however that's the best value.

Etiene has that Kamara and McCaffrey makeup, of guys who are liabilities in protection so much so that you're better off being involving in the passing tree and they're exceptional at it.

My sleeper back is Kylin Hill, Miss St, averaged 5.7 yards per carry for 1,347 yards with 10 TD according to Walterfootball in 2019.

• Upvote 1

I picked Etienne but didnt really read the option and now realize your 2nd choice was Harris at 65. lol  

As much as I love Etienne, I'd take Harris in that situation because the value is too good but I dont see him falling that far.  I think he goes top 50 easily,

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's kind of where I fell. I love Etienne but give how many needs this team has I'm not sure I could justify a RB that high -- it's harder to find impact players at OL, Edge, and CB later in the draft. But a home run hitter like Brown at 102 -- I think I could sign up for that even if he isn't the rock solid all around prospect.

I think this has to take OL into context.  If we get Thuney or Scherff in the offseason, we can take a flyer on Etienne at that spot, but if not, then what's the point of drafting a great RB if your OL is shit.  Just ask our co-tenants at MetLife.  

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you could guarantee those guys end up going in those slots, I'd go Harris.

If the choice is between taking Etienne OR hoping someone else we like at RB falls to us in the later rounds, I'd prefer to just go ahead and take Etienne.

There are numerous other RB's that will be available so it's not so either or. Take a look at Mohamed Ibrahim....no ones talking about him but he's good.

• Upvote 2

Of the options above, I am probably going Brown at 102.  RB is too much of a luxury pick for a team with as many needs as we have. 

Much as I love Etienne' and Harris if we go QB at the top of 1, I really want the next two picks to be OL and WR.  Not that big a fan of Hubbard, so process of elimination has me taking Brown at the top of 4.  That could change depending on Brown's medical condition.  If his meds are an issue, than I would be happy with Ibrahim there instead.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I agree with you. Its the running back by committee approach. Honestly, if they get a couple of more monsters like Becton, my 43 year old ass could average 5 YPC behind that line :)

• Upvote 1

I hate watching Dalvin Cook because the Marcus Maye pick burned me from the moment it happened.  You need playmakers like Etienne. But you really can get serviceable RB’s later in the draft or in FA (Kerryon Johnson anyone?)

There seems to be some intriguing edge guys mocked in the late 1.  OL as well. Quality in those positions is harder to find so I’ll go Journey in the 4th.

On 11/8/2020 at 12:33 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I would rather Harris who has the frame and I'll assume the wingspan to be of great help in pass protection. Not even that high on him however that's the best value.

Etiene has that Kamara and McCaffrey makeup, of guys who are liabilities in protection so much so that you're better off being involving in the passing tree and they're exceptional at it.

My sleeper back is Kylin Hill, Miss St, averaged 5.7 yards per carry for 1,347 yards with 10 TD according to Walterfootball in 2019.

As a Miss. State alum I would love Kylin, my concerns are is he likes to come out of games frequently like he's hurt and then trots back in 3-4 plays later. It gets annoying how much he does it. There is also some rumors that he is kind of a locker room diva. But he would be a steal in like the 4-5th round. 

On 11/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

On 11/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, JXN_JET said:

As a Miss. State alum I would love Kylin, my concerns are is he likes to come out of games frequently like he's hurt and then trots back in 3-4 plays later. It gets annoying how much he does it. There is also some rumors that he is kind of a locker room diva. But he would be a steal in like the 4-5th round. 

I brought him up in my RB thread as one of top 5 faves... he's a little fcking donkey kong in there. Real grinder... problem with him, seriously wonder about his top end speed. He does not look to have a 3rd gear

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

I brought him up in my RB thread as one of top 5 faves... he's a little fcking donkey kong in there. Real grinder... problem with him, seriously wonder about his top end speed. He does not look to have a 3rd gear

He has some speed but yea he isn't going to be the fastest guy on the field. Super hard runner though, the way he bounces off people is something else. 

As much as I love Etienne and have been obsessed with him for the past 2 years, I can’t justify taking him in the first round with this team around him. We need edge and CBs and OL depth. Our WRs if we add Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin are good but we’ll need another one. 

I think JD views the CBs as the weakest positional group on the team and he won’t ignore it. RB is a last piece not an early piece for a rebuilding team.