So, Woody’s Back

PS17

Woody is by far better than his brother.

Woody was more reactionary and prone to focus on PR more than Chris.  But Chris lacks the basic understanding of what it means to run an NFL football team.

Woody made a lot of bad choices, but understood and mostly moved on once it was proven.  

Chris just seems like a rube.

Welcome back!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

I prefer Chris by a wide margin. Drafted Sam when we all that was a good thing. Fired Mac. Hired JD. Relates well to the players.

Chris is not a good owner but I think Woody is beyond incompetent made worse by acting like he’s an capable businessman and not a total trust fund baby with no corporate management skills whatsoever

What?  He fired mac after 5 years and kept him for one last TOTALLY disastrous off season after firing the coach.

He hired Adam gase after blowing it with a few other WAY better candidates, on the phone call of peyton manning.

He still thinks Gase is good.

Woody is lousy.

Woody is far far better than Chris Johnson. 

Chris is the very definition of being totally in over your head.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's never had a coach of this caliber either.

Do you honestly think Woody is going to come back this year and can Gase before the season is over? For fuks sake Woody hired Mac and Bowles.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wouldn't rule it out. Gase is a special guy.

Woody is not coming back to fire yet another coach before this albatross of a season is over. He's never done it before and he sure as hell won't do it when he'll be paying two coaches in 2020 too not coach the Jets. 

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What?  He fired mac after 5 years and kept him for one last TOTALLY disastrous off season after firing the coach.

He hired Adam gase after blowing it with a few other WAY better candidates, on the phone call of peyton manning.

He still thinks Gase is good.

Woody is lousy.

Woody is far far better than Chris Johnson. 

Chris is the very definition of being totally in over your head.

It’s like comparing herpes to gonorrhea. 

Chris I think is learning, marginally improving.  He negotiated with JD, secured him by increasing front office staff and salaries, giving him 6 years.  He closed the deal with the best GM candidate in the NFL. That’s why I give him the edge.  I find Woody more incompetent.

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

I prefer Chris by a wide margin. Drafted Sam when we all that was a good thing. Fired Mac. Hired JD. Relates well to the players.

Chris is not a good owner but I think Woody is beyond incompetent made worse by acting like he’s an capable businessman and not a total trust fund baby with no corporate management skills whatsoever

Hired Gase.

• Haha 1

Seriously, why do we want woody back?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hired Gase.

Uh, yup. No defending it.  Probably because Peyton Manning rec’d him just as Casserly and Polian rec’d Mac to Woody. Clearly both Johnson’s don’t know what they are doing or how to manage so they fanboy some of the old guard guys (Manning/Casserly/Polian) who sound decisively knowledgeable but are really just doling out favors to past coworkers.  

It’s an indication of the Johnsons not knowing football or how to manage an organization. Always looking for an adult in the room to guide them. Probably just like their rich daddy did.

• Upvote 1