Trevor Lawrence throughout 36 games = 35-1. His backup throughout 2 games? 1-1.

He's the definition of a generational Franchise QB prospect and by far the greatest QB prospect since dating back to John Elway and Peyton Manning.

What's scary is, that his statistical numbers and statistical dominance is on pace and on the verge of shattering the likes of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck's NCAA numbers. 

36 games with only 1 loss = TL.

2 games with already 1 loss = Not TL. 

The end. 

This loss may drop Clemson out of the top 4 for a playoff spot but not to worry because Trevor Lawrence will march his Clemson team right back into the top 4 before season(s) end; while us football fans will have a chance to see him perform throughout his 3rd college football playoffs and 3rd NCAA Championship Game appearance (in as many years).  

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The freshman backup lost in Double OT on the road against #4 Notre Dame?  We're saying that was a bad performance?

What did he do, 450 yards, 2 TDs, 40 points? 

It wasnt even on him, if the D was healthy they more than likely win

The end. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What did he do, 450 yards, 2 TDs, 40 points? 

It wasnt even on him, if the D was healthy they more than likely win

The end. 

If we didn't know any better and someone said that the Clemson QB hung 40 points, passed for 2 TDs and 439 yards, running for a 3rd TD on the road vs. Notre Dame we'd think it was Trevor Lawrence.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The freshman backup lost in Double OT on the road against #4 Notre Dame?  We're saying that was a bad performance?

He had one too many drives resulting in FG's instead of TDs. 

But at the end of the day, Clemson is 35-1 with TL and 1-1 without him. 

Did you not watch the game? Did you not see how Travis had one of his worst rushing games ever because the threat of TL wasn't there? Did you not see Clemson having to settle for 4 FG's instead of would be TL TD's? 

Congrats on the backups 2 TDs because TL would have thrown 5 in the 1st half alone. 

35-1 vs 1-1 doesn't lie. 

8 hours ago, peebag said:

ok-christ-sts-this-asshole-again-29-8163

Nah.  DWC is a good dude, but I do disagree with him a bit here.  I'm sure (and I'd hope) Trevor Lawrence would have done a little better, turned a couple of those FG drives into TDs, but the freshman backup looked pretty good against the #4 team in the country on the road.  If Etienne doesn't fumble/handoff to the Notre Dame D for a return TD then he might be 2-0.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's the definition of a generational Franchise QB prospect and by far the greatest QB prospect since dating back to John Elway and Peyton Manning.

What's scary is, that his statistical numbers and statistical dominance is on pace and on the verge of shattering the likes of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck's NCAA numbers. 

The end. 

This loss may drop Clemson out of the top 4 for a playoff spot but not to worry because Trevor Lawrence will march his Clemson team right back into the top 4 before season(s) end; while us football fans will have a chance to see him perform throughout his 3rd college football playoffs and 3rd NCAA Championship Game appearance (in as many years).  

I cant see a loss to a #4 team dropping them out of the top 4 at all. Especially cause #5 Georgia got beat up by Florida today.

It should wind up...

1- Alabama (Going to move up organically)

2- ND (Won on road against #1 team, prob deserve the #1 spot but go #2 because TL wasnt playing)

3- Ohio State (Stays put, Rutgers win isnt impressive enough to move and they only have played 3 games, realistically they dont even deserve to be in the top 5 right now but concessions are being made because of their condensed schedule)

4- Clemson (Played hard into 2OT against ND with a backup QB, they ain't falling far)

5- Florida (Was #8 and Beat #5 Georgia, they will leap Cincy and Tex A&M, who stay at #6/7) 

I would bet my left nut this is what happens. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Nah.  DWC is a good dude, but I do disagree with him a bit here.  I'm sure (and I'd hope) Trevor Lawrence would have done a little better, turned a couple of those FG drives into TDs, but the freshman backup looked pretty good agains the $4 team in the country on the road.  If Etienne doesn't fumble/handoff to the Notre Dame D for a return TD then he might be 2-0.

Thnx you for the kind words. 

And yes, he played a great game but he melted down and crapped the bed under pressure when it mattered the most; overtime. 

Travis who's the ACC All-time leading rusher @ RB had one of his worst rushing games ever due to the THREAT of Lawrence not on the field and those 4 FG drives (instead of at least 2 TDs) was a back breaker. He became very inaccurate once in scoring range. 

They almost lost last weekend without TL too against Boston College! And could just as easily be 0-2 as 2-0. 

All I'm saying is Clemson with TL is 35-1 (.972%) compared to 1-1 without him (50%) and imo that is no fluke. 

Trevor wouldn't have melted down like that in overtime either. 

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

O.k. But all of those yards become almost meaningless when 4 of those drives completely died while he became inaccurate within scoring range; and had to settle for 4 FGs and only 12 points instead. 

Let's be truthful here. 2 passing TD's? Um...

TL has 13 games of at least 3 TD passes. Another 4 games of at least 4 TD passes. And 1 game of 5 TD passes (+ 13 games with at least 1 TD rush). 

I don't want "yards". I want TD's and WINS. 

Trevor = 35-1. 

Backup = 1-1 (thnx to 4 FGs). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

If we didn't know any better and someone said that the Clemson QB hung 40 points, passed for 2 TDs and 439 yards, running for a 3rd TD on the road vs. Notre Dame we'd think it was Trevor Lawrence.

Nah Trevor drops 60 on that team easy

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

O.k. But all of those yards become almost meaningless when 4 of those drives completely died while he became inaccurate within scoring range; and had to settle for 4 FGs and only 12 points instead. 

Let's be truthful here. 2 passing TD's? Um...

TL has 13 games of at least 3 TD passes. Another 4 games of at least 4 TD passes. And 1 game of 5 TD passes (+ 13 games with at least 1 TD rush). 

I don't want "yards". I want TD's and WINS. 

Trevor = 35-1. 

Backup = 1-1 (thnx to 4 FGs). 

Good points. ND took Etienne out of the game. They made the rookie try and beat them and he almost did. Trevor gives that team a much more balanced offense, hence the numbers are spread out. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Because Lawrence is never losing.

Exactly. He was once benched @ halftime with the score 49-0 on a 50.5 spread after 5 first half TDs. 

The score ended 49-0. 

I know because I watched the entire game and lost the spread because I had Clemson -50.5 week 2 of this year. 

Once Clemson jumps off to early leads they get to feature Travis on the ground @ RB. That wasn't the case tonight. 

DJ is the truth - he's going to be great.  Tough start for him - true freshman, on the road against the #4 team in the country.  He played great though.

If Clemson had Lawrence for this game there's no shot they lose.  Hopefully we get to see a rematch with Trevor in the ACC championship game.  Though with the amount of bodies down on the field celebrating the win after the game, I'm sure there's a COVID outbreak waiting to happen at ND, unless Biden being elected means we defeated the 'rona.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

DJ is the truth - he's going to be great.  Tough start for him - true freshman, on the road against the #4 team in the country.  He played great though.

If Clemson had Lawrence for this game there's no shot they lose.  Hopefully we get to see a rematch with Trevor in the ACC championship game.  Though with the amount of bodies down on the field celebrating the win after the game, I'm sure there's a COVID outbreak waiting to happen at ND, unless Biden being elected means we defeated the 'rona.

Biden/Harris being elected was a democratic mandate by the people for a POTUS who will finally behave presidential and stop stoking the fires of racism/hate.

#StandBackAndStandBy

#GoodPeopleOnBothSides

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

DJ Uiagalelei was one of the top QB prospects in recent West coast prep history.  He'll go on to be one of the top NFL QB prospects in all of football here in a couple of years.  Clemson is going to 1a to 1b in the QB department with little drop off. 

Play Ugly for Uiagalelei?

(Because Tank for Uiagalelei doesn’t have a great ring to it(

35 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Biden/Harris being elected was a democratic mandate by the people for a POTUS who will finally behave presidential and stop stoking the fires of racism/hate.

#StandBackAndStandBy

#GoodPeopleOnBothSides

relax joe, i was making a joke.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

:roll:

What are you acting shocked for? 

Trevor was also the #1 QB recruit out of HS within the entire Country. 

Peyton Manning: 4 seasons (45 games).

Record 39-6.

863/1,381 (62.5%).

11,201 passing yards (8.1 YPA).

89 TDs/33 INTs (2.69 TD-to-INT Ratio).

153 rush attempts for -181 yards & 12 TDs.

11,020 total offensive yards.
101 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 147.1.

----------------------------

Trevor Lawrence: 2.5 seasons (36 games).
Record: 35-1.

662/995 (66.5%).

8,778 passing yards (8.8 YPA).

83 TD's/14 INTs (5.9 TD-to-INT Ratio).

192 rush attempts for 811 yards & 14 TDs.

9,589 total offensive yards.
97 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 165.4.

By seasons end, Trevor Lawrence is going to literally shatter Manning's 4 year career and after only 3 years too!

No longer can people claim "Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect "SINCE" Peyton Manning; because Trevor Lawrence (believe it or not) is an even BETTER QB prospect than Manning!

• Thumb Down 2

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are you acting shocked for? 

Trevor was also the #1 QB recruit out of HS within the entire Country. 

Peyton Manning: 4 seasons (45 games).

Record 39-6.

863/1,381 (62.5%).

11,201 passing yards (8.1 YPA).

89 TDs/33 INTs (2.69 TD-to-INT Ratio).

153 rush attempts for -181 yards & 12 TDs.

11,020 total offensive yards.
101 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 147.1.

----------------------------

Trevor Lawrence: 2.5 seasons (36 games).
Record: 35-1.

662/995 (66.5%).

8,778 passing yards (8.8 YPA).

83 TD's/14 INTs (5.9 TD-to-INT Ratio).

192 rush attempts for 811 yards & 14 TDs.

9,589 total offensive yards.
97 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 165.4.

By seasons end, Trevor Lawrence is going to literally shatter Manning's 4 year career and after only 3 years too!

No longer can people claim "Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect "SINCE" Peyton Manning; because Trevor Lawrence (believe it or not) is an even BETTER QB prospect than Manning!

I take it back, your first take is now second worst to this even worse take.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thnx you for the kind words. 

And yes, he played a great game but he melted down and crapped the bed under pressure when it mattered the most; overtime. 

Travis who's the ACC All-time leading rusher @ RB had one of his worst rushing games ever due to the THREAT of Lawrence not on the field and those 4 FG drives (instead of at least 2 TDs) was a back breaker. He became very inaccurate once in scoring range. 

They almost lost last weekend without TL too against Boston College! And could just as easily be 0-2 as 2-0. 

All I'm saying is Clemson with TL is 35-1 (.972%) compared to 1-1 without him (50%) and imo that is no fluke. 

Trevor wouldn't have melted down like that in overtime either. 

Etienne wasn’t successful because the Clemson O-line isn’t very good and ND totally beat them up at the point of attack.  It had nothing to do with Trevor not being there.   Of course there is a drop off in play from a 3 year starter to a guy making his second start.  DJ is talented not doubt, but there are things I don’t like about him early on.   Mainly off field stuff.   We’ll see how he matures and adapts to the leadership role when Trevor leaves, but right now there are a lot of people around the program who are concerned about DJ, and it has nothing to do with the loss to Notre Dame.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The end. 

Do you actually watch football? The kid played great. Maybe it had something to do with the Clemson D having 6 starters out in the 2nd half and the running back handing ND a free TD?