Jets and Jaguars projected to finish at 2-14 by statistical websites giving the Jags the first pick.

Jetsbb

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets will find a way to win 2 games. 

and get the 3rd pick.

Our defense is as bad as our offense. Sometimes you have a terrible team that can hang in for an entire game. 
That’s not this team or defense. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We really needed the Jags to win yesterday, while I don't see any winnable games on our schedule I do think we can sneak out a game against the Pats. Bill is going to throw one of these 2 games against us to make sure we don't get Trevor.

Fins get Houstons pick. Maybe a blessing in disguise. You want them getting Sewell? 

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They'll find a way to win a couple of games.  

They can win either Pat game or either Dolphin game.

Dolphins are actually playing pretty well. I dont see the Jets beating them.

Maybe..   1 against the Pat's.   I just don't see 2 wins with this team.

9 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Maybe Fields wouldnt be a bad thing?

I dont know anything about Lawrence but I feel like Scouts/Media/Experts have been piss poor at projecting QBs. When was the last time the "can't miss" "safest" or "generational" QB prospect actually ended up being really good, letalone the best QB in that draft?

Mariota? Winston? Mayfield? Darnold? Rosen? Trubisky? Goff? Wentz? 

Watson went 12. Mahomes 11. Jackson was what, 32? 

I feel like the NFL can't scout/project college QBs for SH*T these days. I'll admit I dont know anything about Lawrence but I'm too jaded to get ANY amount of QB hype credence anymore. I'm not going to cry over 2nd overall, If Douglas wants a QB, I dont have any trust that Fields wont be better. Hell, if history is any indicator, the FQB of the class wont be in the top 10. 

People still calling Luck the Generational Talent from the 2012 Draft, when hes out the league and Russell Wilson hasn’t missed a game and every year since starting been a legit mvp candidate. 

And besides looking back what would it luck of Wilson? Arm talent? Running? Because Russell does both better imo. So there’s that ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They'll find a way to win a couple of games.  

They can win either Pat game or either Dolphin game.

???

you didn’t see Tua yesterday clearly....

and and yes another young QB with less experience that looks lightyears ahead of Sam Darnold. 

SMFH

• Upvote 1

Jets have a top 2 pick locked up. Hard to imagine they win two games and all these other teams other than the Jags are much more lively. 

Whether we get Lawrence or Fields/The Field depends on backing into a win or the Jags winning a 2nd game

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I think they split with the Pats.  But on a high note, the new Jax QB Luton played very well so there is hope he pulls out a win. Jax 2 wins wins Jets 1 win. We get the #1 pick. But Trevor is from Georgia and he's in the mold of an Elway/Manning that can call his own shots. Hard to believe he'd come here with the current mess we are in.  ?

So the media has you convinced. Let me ask you this - what team picking #1 overall in the last 30 years has been a good team? Ask yourself why the Jets are worse off than any of them. Now look at it from the standpoint of the future. We have a ton of high picks, no doubt a new coach, and the greatest city in the world to make extra money. It has to be the most attractive place to play in a long time of all the teams that are picking #1. So why isn't it depicted like that? Because the media has an agenda to crap all over the Jets. We haven't been close to being the worst team in the last decade, but Trevor Lawrence should avoid us no matter what? We didn't even pick in the top 10 last year. We also have a lot of cash to spend and a franchise left tackle. We will be good in two years, and decent next year IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

People still calling Luck the Generational Talent from the 2012 Draft, when hes out the league and Russell Wilson hasn’t missed a game and every year since starting been a legit mvp candidate. 

And besides looking back what would it luck of Wilson? Arm talent? Running? Because Russell does both better imo. So there’s that ?‍♂️

Was that Luck’s fault? I think the Colts inability to provide enough protection and complementary offense affected his longevity.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So the media has you convinced. Let me ask you this - what time picking #1 overall in the last 30 years has been a good team? Ask yourself why the Jets are worse off than any of them. Now look at it from the standpoint of the future. We have a ton of high picks, no doubt a new coach, and the greatest city in the world to make extra money. It has to be the most attractive place to play in a long time of all the teams that are picking #1. So why isn't it depicted like that? Because the media has an agenda to crap all over the Jets. We haven't been close to being the worst team in the last decade, but Trevor Lawrence should avoid us no matter what? We didn't even pick in the top 10 last year. We also have a lot of cash to spend and a franchise left tackle. We will be good in two years, and decent next year IMO.

You've convinced me you have no idea what your argument is.  It's no one else's call but the kid.  He has leverage to refuse to come here.  It's that simple.  He's from Georgia and I'm sure he'd prefer to playing close to home.  Throw in the other intangibles, like this organization is as unstable as someone who rhymes with Chump over the last decade, you'd have to think more than twice about coming here.  Elway did it. Manning did it.  He's in that class.  Would love to see the kid play here but its his call.  Not much we can do.     

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The issue is what I said above, they will play Joe freaking Flacco, white or morgan even being rookies would give us a better chance to win.

yep.  darnold just hasn't gotten the job done especially since he was body slammed in the denver game.  i think they should start morgan.  it seems like every other team is capable of starting a rookie qb and even having some degree of success.  the cowgirls are on their 3rd qb.  jax is on their second.  the rookie jet qb's seem to come in a lay huge eggs.

• Upvote 1

I hope that the Jags value Fields above Trevor Lawrence.  If that is the case, the Jets will still get the guy I want even if they pick second overall in the draft vs. first. 

I'm on record as all in for Lawrence and not interested in Fields.

History has demonstrated that "athletic" or "running" quarterbacks tend to get injured more often, and if not that, they wear out and wear down from the pounding.  Even large, durable guys like Cam Newton and Josh Allen will wear out and wear down from the pounding.  

The role of the QB is to throw the ball first and foremost.  If you want ground yardage, give it to the RB.

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

So the media has you convinced. Let me ask you this - what team picking #1 overall in the last 30 years has been a good team? Ask yourself why the Jets are worse off than any of them. Now look at it from the standpoint of the future. We have a ton of high picks, no doubt a new coach, and the greatest city in the world to make extra money. It has to be the most attractive place to play in a long time of all the teams that are picking #1. So why isn't it depicted like that? Because the media has an agenda to crap all over the Jets. We haven't been close to being the worst team in the last decade, but Trevor Lawrence should avoid us no matter what? We didn't even pick in the top 10 last year. We also have a lot of cash to spend and a franchise left tackle. We will be good in two years, and decent next year IMO.

No they don't.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

But will Douglas pull the trigger? He claims he still feels the same way about Darnold as at the start of the season.

I believe there is some fragments of truth to what he is saying about Darnold but with eight games to go, things can look very different by the end of the season.

Imagine a snow filled Sunday in late December close to the end of the season, as the Jets finally pull out of their season long nose dive with a last minute game-winning field goal and the second of their two meaningless wins (as unlikely as that seems at this moment).

"No way" Jets fans cry out, but illogical stuff happens in every NFL season.

This could make that whole Fields/Lawrence debate irrelevant and leave us with an open competition between Darnold, Morgan and a third qb like Zach Wilson.

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

You've convinced me you have no idea what your argument is.  It's no one else's call but the kid.  He has leverage to refuse to come here.  It's that simple.  He's from Georgia and I'm sure he'd prefer to playing close to home.  Throw in the other intangibles, like this organization is as unstable as someone who rhymes with Chump over the last decade, you'd have to think more than twice about coming here.  Elway did it. Manning did it.  He's in that class.  Would love to see the kid play here but its his call.  Not much we can do.     

Yeah, I have no idea what my argument is. SMH. A player has to declare for the draft - this past year it was January 17th. Once a player declares for the draft, they forego their remaining eligibility to play college football, which means that once they declare for the draft they cannot return to play in college. The Jets will look completely different with a new coach, etc. by the time January comes to an end. They will sell the franchise based on the plan going forward. Only a lazy person/reporter thinks the Jets will be the same as they are now. You can pick him and force his hand (make him give up being independently wealthy right away) or he will have to play. He cannot go back to school at that point. So yeah, you do have leverage. It comes down to whether or not JD has the guts to use it. 

40 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yeah, I have no idea what my argument is. SMH. A player has to declare for the draft - this past year it was January 17th. Once a player declares for the draft, they forego their remaining eligibility to play college football, which means that once they declare for the draft they cannot return to play in college. The Jets will look completely different with a new coach, etc. by the time January comes to an end. They will sell the franchise based on the plan going forward. Only a lazy person/reporter thinks the Jets will be the same as they are now. You can pick him and force his hand (make him give up being independently wealthy right away) or he will have to play. He cannot go back to school at that point. So yeah, you do have leverage. It comes down to whether or not JD has the guts to use it. 

We have already seen multiple times that Douglas caves when the player wants no part of the organization.

13 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Gardner Minshew was pretty good and kept them in games. With Jake Luton now the QB 1-15 is more likely than not for the Jags

Luton threw for 304 yards in his NFL debut yesterday.  Minshew has only thrown for 300+ 5x in his 21 starts.  If anything, they might have just upgraded at QB.

And I like Minshew.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

So the media has you convinced. Let me ask you this - what team picking #1 overall in the last 30 years has been a good team? 

The Colts (1998 - Peyton Manning) are the obvious example.  The Rams (1997 - Orlando Pace) probably would not have been the "greatest show on turf" without their HOF Left Tackle.  The Panthers (2011 - Cam) and Rams (2016 - Goff) each went to Super Bowls.  The Browns (2017-18 back to back) and Cardinals (2019 - Kyler Murray) are both 5-3 this season and have their sights set on the postseason.  Everyone loves to make fun of the Lions but where would they be without picking 1st in 2009 (Matthew Stafford)?  They were bad with him, but they'd be a complete joke without him for over a decade.

Even the Andrew Luck Colts had some really good seasons.  They won 11 games in each of the first 3 seasons with Luck under center.  People take that for granted because on the surface they seemed like a really well run organization, but in reality they were a dumpster fire with Irsay running the show.  That team should have won at least 4 Super Bowls with Peyton/Luck as their QB's for nearly 2 decades.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Luton threw for 304 yards in his NFL debut yesterday.  Minshew has only thrown for 300+ 5x in his 21 starts.  If anything, they might have just upgraded at QB.

And I like Minshew.

No I watched the game and he struggled most drives with a lot of three and outs. Those stats are inflated by the TD bomb to start. You have to remember the Texans have an even worse defense than us. Gardner was obviously better and it really hurt our chances when he got injured.