Jump to content

2021 New York Mets Thread


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

How good does matz look right now 

3-0 with 18 SO in 16 innings. They are managing his outings well. Limit the pressure on him.  Don’t let him go deep into games and no fans in the stands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a new era, and time to leave the stench of the threads that were controlled by the Wilpons. Let's start anew. LFGM!!!

Love this.  Just gotta make sure we can extend Lindor beyond 2021.

I'm more than ok signing a player who offers 80% of what JT brings to the table at a 50% discount and less years. Now use those savings on Springer and Bauer, extending Conforto and beefing up bullpen

Posted Images

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Mets record 17 of 21 outs through strike out. 81% is the highest percentage of outs recorded via strike out since 1900

And we almost lost the damn game. Some of these deGrom numbers are insane, but the most incomprehensible one is that they are under .500 in his starts going back to either 2018 or 2019.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Stroman with a heck of a game.

Guy wants to stick withMets! Not certain what his value is contract wise but he’s been great after last year’s pussy back out

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Stroman with a heck of a game.

I really like watching him.  He seems to love playing the game and it seem slike his enthusiasm for the game is contagious.  He is fun to watch and seems like he is fun to play with too.

Still waiting for the bats to get going, but they have done just enough so far.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

How good does matz look right now 

I'm super happy for him, hopefully he can finally stay healthy. Maybe the Mets could have hung onto him a little longer but they would have had to move him at some point and it would have been a huge gamble to see if he could stay on the mound for half the season to up his value. Just too many other guys to pay.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I really like watching him.  He seems to love playing the game and it seem slike his enthusiasm for the game is contagious.  He is fun to watch and seems like he is fun to play with too.

Still waiting for the bats to get going, but they have done just enough so far.

Complete opposite of deGrom, it's cool to watch. Looks like 2019 form at this point which would be amazing. If he can keep this up, once Cookie and Thor get back this is going to be a crazy tough rotation to deal with.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm super happy for him, hopefully he can finally stay healthy. Maybe the Mets could have hung onto him a little longer but they would have had to move him at some point and it would have been a huge gamble to see if he could stay on the mound for half the season to up his value. Just too many other guys to pay.

Agreed on all points. Good for matz. Great story when he made his debut, just didn’t seem like he was going to put it all together for the long haul here, plus the fact like you said just too many guys to pay 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lith said:

Wonder if the Mets received a Thank You note from the Cubs after the gift we handed them last night.  

Davis error and missed call on tag cost walker. He pitched well enough to win. Lindor has to get his body in front of bag. Strike zone on  conforto pitch was absurd. Glad Rojas gave it to the ump. Arrietta had a huge strike zone

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Davis error and missed call on tag cost walker. He pitched well enough to win. Lindor has to get his body in front of bag. Strike zone on  conforto pitch was absurd. Glad Rojas gave it to the ump. Arrietta had a huge strike zone

Hard to say he pitched well enough to win when he walked 6 in less than 4 innings.  Walker's willdness played jsut as much of a role in the loss as the bad defense and lack of clutch hitting.

Nice to see Lindor get on the board tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

What an interesting turn of events last night.  Literally won that game by inches.  While you could argue that Rojas should not have sent Diaz out there, with a 4 run lead after pitching yesterday, the guy still needs to get three outs.  He had been lights out all year, hopefully just a bump in the road last night. 

But still, a win is a win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets top pitching prospect Matt Allan has to have Tommy John. Jake has been this kid’s mentor. It’s ironic that he had the same procedure at a similar point in his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, section314 said:

Mets top pitching prospect Matt Allan has to have Tommy John. Jake has been this kid’s mentor. It’s ironic that he had the same procedure at a similar point in his career.

Saw tht yesterday.  So what are we looking at -- 18 months until he is healthy.  So 2023, when he will still be 22.  

Changing the subject, but man this team sure knows how to create headlines.  The whole Donnie Stevenson thing early in the week, then the Chili Davis firing, clubhouse scuffle last night turning into the rat v raccoon stuff.  Overshadowing how great the bullpen has been over the past couple of weeks.  And Lindor finally getting some hits.  And a 15 foot walk off dribblere by a guy in his first Citi Field AB. 

Eventful week in Queens.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Saw tht yesterday.  So what are we looking at -- 18 months until he is healthy.  So 2023, when he will still be 22.  

Changing the subject, but man this team sure knows how to create headlines.  The whole Donnie Stevenson thing early in the week, then the Chili Davis firing, clubhouse scuffle last night turning into the rat v raccoon stuff.  Overshadowing how great the bullpen has been over the past couple of weeks.  And Lindor finally getting some hits.  And a 15 foot walk off dribblere by a guy in his first Citi Field AB. 

Eventful week in Queens.  

No kidding. Instead of the Bronx Zoo, maybe Queens Chaos?😃

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news on deGrom, but I am getting really nervous about his ability to stay healthy for 30+ starts this season. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lith said:

Good news on deGrom, but I am getting really nervous about his ability to stay healthy for 30+ starts this season. 

 

Thank goodness 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thank goodness 

Placed him on the IL, but injury is no worse than originally thought.  Timing sucks with the rotation so thin right now, but it is the right move, imo.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lith said:

Placed him on the IL, but injury is no worse than originally thought.  Timing sucks with the rotation so thin right now, but it is the right move, imo.

 

If they can tread water until the end of this month, Carasco and Lugo may both be back. Just hope that they don't pull a Girardi and blow up the bullpen by July. I'm more worried about the bats.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Mets fans 

looking for advice on seating for the Motley Crue etc show in July 

looking at the 300s. Right now 

anything to know as far as the sunshine?  
 

show starts at 4:30 don’t want to cook lol

txd

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Lugo and Thor are both in rehab assignments?  Are the Mets only going to get better?

 

And Carrasco shortly to follow. 

For the first time in a lot of years, the Mets have an excellent bench. Pillar, Villar and even Peraza have been excellent.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So am I correct in reading all the guidance that if you just show the Vaccine Card upon entry you are good to go?

Thats what it seems like reading the Mets site but would appreciate confirmation from anyone who has been to citi.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, Scott Dierking said:

And Carrasco shortly to follow. 

For the first time in a lot of years, the Mets have an excellent bench. Pillar, Villar and even Peraza have been excellent.

Carrasco will be this year's Christian Hackenburg . He will not play at all .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that didn’t take long. Kelenic’s first hit in the majors is two run home run followed by an additional two doubles later in the game! Thanks Brodie!
 

A day that will live on in infamy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Holy crap !!! why did we sign Lucchessi ? My dead grandmother throws better than him .

Going back a ways, he reminds me of Pete Falcone, a name to make older Mets fans cringe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, section314 said:

Going back a ways, he reminds me of Pete Falcone, a name to make older Mets fans cringe.

Was thinking he was the guy whose hat kept falling off of his head when he pitched, then I remembered I was thinking of John Pacella -- as long as we are discussing obscure below average Met pitchers from 40+ years ago.

Which is probably a less painful discussion than this past weekend in St Pete.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...