Jump to content

2021 New York Mets Thread


Scott Dierking
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I sometimes wonder how players can be so tone deaf.  You are playing like crap.  You fell out of first place, You dropped 11 games in the standings in four weeks.  And you are calling out the fans.  Especially for it to be a guy like Baez who has been here for less than a month.  Just sit his ass on the bench the rest of the season.  Not sure what to do with LIndor, but they gotta get that figured out.  Admit that you are playing like crap and that the fans deserve better, not this booing the fans bs. 

Either tone deaf, or they just don't give a s**t.  Win or lose, they are stil getting paid.

sack up season 2 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

My hope is that in response to this, they're booed merciless for the rest of the season.  When they step to the plate, when they make a play in the field, when they're name is called...any situation where they're in the spot light, the loudest roar of boo's you could possibly make, I hope it happens every ******* time.  **** these losers, get Baez the **** off this team.

I am now in week 4 of my self imposed listening/ watching ban on these scumbags. Other than proposing to my wife, have never made a better decision in my life. Have been watching and rooting for this team since 1966, and this collection of sh*t is easily the most unlikable of any team they’ve ever fielded. These guys don’t deserve the privilege of being a big leaguer. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I am now in week 4 of my self imposed listening/ watching ban on these scumbags. Other than proposing to my wife, have never made a better decision in my life. Have been watching and rooting for this team since 1966, and this collection of sh*t is easily the most unlikable of any team they’ve ever fielded. These guys don’t deserve the privilege of being a big leaguer. 

I havent watched since I lost my sh*t a few weeks back, I'm just catching updates and news and it's disgusting.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 8:18 PM, Lith said:

What a leader.  This clown should ride the bench the rest of the season.  Same as LIndor who also did a thumbs down to the fans today.

 

Cohen should void both their contracts due to unethical behavior. That would be a brillant move if he could get away with it. What a ****in waste and disaster Lindor has been and its now amplified by the KO King of baseball, Baez.  Sandy needs to retire. BYE dont let the door hit you on the way out.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow watching this matinee game vs the Marlins today.  Down 2 runs already with 2 singles to left and Dom trying to throw runners out at home plate on back to back plays  First throw was comical - half way up the 3rd base line and a good throw gets the runner. 2nd throw on line BUT weak as sheet and bounces in slowly. LOL Dom is a terrible left fielder. Not terrible but he just doesnt belong there. He is an excellent 1st baseman so he either needs to be traded or take over for Alonso who goes to DH next season.  Or one of them gets traded.  Guarenteed one of those scenarios that will happen. Dom will NOT be the LF next year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Hey Baez , Lindor  and any other crybaby who doesn't like to be booed ,

scared tbs network GIF by The Detour

Sadly, Pillar also did the thumbs down thingy. Quite suprising.   This team is SCREWED. The Lindor signing is going to set this team back for years to come. His contract is super expensive and screws up the team's overall payroll. He cant hit and his BA has steadily decreased over the last few years. He is NOT the player he once was.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Break up the Mets !!! WE BEAT MIAMI !!!!! HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!

I actually sat through this entire mess, I mean game. Down 4 with 1 out in the 9th, they score 5 to win. I crucified them lately here. My magic is back. Amazing win. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team has got to be cursed.  Sweep a doubleheader.  Baez scores the winning run in a 5 run 9th inning in game 1.  Solid win in game 2.  Things are looking a bit better for the Mets and then this.  It is always something with this team.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 3:34 PM, Lith said:

This team has got to be cursed.  Sweep a doubleheader.  Baez scores the winning run in a 5 run 9th inning in game 1.  Solid win in game 2.  Things are looking a bit better for the Mets and then this.  It is always something with this team.

 

Look the guy who hired these guys him and Porter is Sandy. So do you want him to hire your next GM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! Mets fans really have gotten sick of the ineptitude of this franchise.This board has quieted down quite a bit. Not without cause.

Lindor contract will go down in MLB history as an all-time bad contract. 
Baez just purchased his ticket out of NY with his disdain for Mets fans, SO rate and pathetic OBP. 

Thor COVID + and shutdown again. Jake will only be available if we make PO. 

Good win last night after Diaz reverted to his old 2020 self. Familia pitching lights out of late as well as the entire BP. Hill curveball is a thing of beauty. Went 7 last night without giving up a run.

4 games out with a soft schedule remaining. If we go 20-8 the rest of the way (2/3 vs. Braves last series of season) I think we take the division.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Good win last night after Diaz reverted to his old 2020 self. Familia pitching lights out of late as well as the entire BP. Hill curveball is a thing of beauty. Went 7 last night without giving up a run.

4 games out with a soft schedule remaining. If we go 20-8 the rest of the way (2/3 vs. Braves last series of season) I think we take the division.

There is a little voice in the back of my head reminding me of 1973, when we went into Septmber in 4th place, and under .500, but nobody in the Division was any good and we stole it with a strong September.

But I am just not buying in yet.  I don't believe this team is any good, starting pitching is weak, bullpen is erratic and lineup underperforms.  I am not ready to believe yet. 

As a general rule, it is a good idea to ignore the voices in my head.

  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lith said:

There is a little voice in the back of my head reminding me of 1973, when we went into Septmber in 4th place, and under .500, but nobody in the Division was any good and we stole it with a strong September.

But I am just not buying in yet.  I don't believe this team is any good, starting pitching is weak, bullpen is erratic and lineup underperforms.  I am not ready to believe yet. 

As a general rule, it is a good idea to ignore the voices in my head.

Mets theme song. I BLAST this in my car stereo EVERY single day (JVC dvd, marine amp for JL Audio bass, Rockford Fosgate amp for 4 Polk audio speakers. Keeps the voices out my head.
Cha Cha Cha Cha 

 

Let’s Go Mets Ya Gotta Believe

D8BCA51A-EBE5-45E2-A861-E0BA9FA81DF4.pngBest reliever of All Time 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Mets theme song. I BLAST this in my car stereo EVERY single day (JVC dvd, marine amp for JL Audio bass, Rockford Fosgate amp for 4 Polk audio speakers. Keeps the voices out my head.
Cha Cha Cha Cha 

 

Let’s Go Mets Ya Gotta Believe

D8BCA51A-EBE5-45E2-A861-E0BA9FA81DF4.pngBest reliever of All Time 

Tug lost me in 1980.  I was in college in Philly when he made his NY can take this World Series title and shove it remark.  And no, I still do not believe.  

This past week has been among the most bizarre weeks in Mets history.  Which is saying an awful lot.  Starting with the thumbs down, then the comeback against Miami, Baez losing his jewelry on the field, GM with a DUI after a party at the owners house,  blown save on Friday and bounce back to win, blown 9 run lead yesterday and a win.  Until they lost the 2nd game last night they had 7 straight wins, but only a 6-game winning streak.  Quite an eventful week.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well here we go again. Score 4 runs in first today and then give up 3 runs in first.  No lead is safe with this team.  Well they pull it out yet again. Pillar with yet another big HR. This guy doesnt get a load of hits but wen he does they always seem meaningful. Pillar and Villar Co-MVP's of this team Clutch clutch clutch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I am watching the Sunday afternoon game.  See that we are up 7-6 in the 9th and I turn the game on.  Lindor leads off with the home run, bunch of hits, Pillar grand slam.  We go up 13-6 and I immediately check the Braves and Phillies scores.  See the Phils and Marlins are tied in the 9th and I switch to that one.  Even thought the Phillies eventually won, I realize that I would not have switched to their game if I didn't think we had a chance.  I had bought back in.

Didn't take more than 24 hours for Diaz to destroy any hope that I might have had.  You cannot trust this guy with a lead in a big spot.  We need a different closer next year.  As soon as the games get important again, he implodes.

To put a twist on a famous movie quote, just as I get back in, they throw me out again.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, Lith said:

So, I am watching the Sunday afternoon game.  See that we are up 7-6 in the 9th and I turn the game on.  Lindor leads off with the home run, bunch of hits, Pillar grand slam.  We go up 13-6 and I immediately check the Braves and Phillies scores.  See the Phils and Marlins are tied in the 9th and I switch to that one.  Even thought the Phillies eventually won, I realize that I would not have switched to their game if I didn't think we had a chance.  I had bought back in.

Didn't take more than 24 hours for Diaz to destroy any hope that I might have had.  You cannot trust this guy with a lead in a big spot.  We need a different closer next year.  As soon as the games get important again, he implodes.

To put a twist on a famous movie quote, just as I get back in, they throw me out again.

 

Diaz is just such a choke artist. Rojas is just equally terrible handling him as well. You never ever ever ever have Diaz start an inning when the game is tied or brng him in a game that is tied. 9 out of 10 times, he will give up the lead.  Its like clockwork. He's only effective when he comes in WITH THE LEAD.  It's absolutely comical how this guy chokes in tied games. To lose 2 of the last 3 to the Marlins is one thing, but for your closer to fail in such a close pennant race down teh stretch - it just sucks the life out of you.  Braves and Phillies complying and we still just 3-4 games out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, Lith said:

So, I am watching the Sunday afternoon game.  See that we are up 7-6 in the 9th and I turn the game on.  Lindor leads off with the home run, bunch of hits, Pillar grand slam.  We go up 13-6 and I immediately check the Braves and Phillies scores.  See the Phils and Marlins are tied in the 9th and I switch to that one.  Even thought the Phillies eventually won, I realize that I would not have switched to their game if I didn't think we had a chance.  I had bought back in.

Didn't take more than 24 hours for Diaz to destroy any hope that I might have had.  You cannot trust this guy with a lead in a big spot.  We need a different closer next year.  As soon as the games get important again, he implodes.

To put a twist on a famous movie quote, just as I get back in, they throw me out again.

 

The sad thing….if Alex Gordon never happened in game1, Familla might be on a HOF trajectory.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

The look on Stanton’s face was priceless after that 3rd HR. Lindor needs to do a MasterCard commercial. 

 

I was in Charlotte for the weekend.  Must have been a couple dozen Jet fans sitting around a TV at an outdoor bar having our little domestic dispute over the Mets-Yankees on Saturday night.  Was a lot of fun -- even though we lost that one; no matter how bad our season might have become, it is always nice to take two out of three from the Yanks.

But we should have swept them.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 1:08 AM, Icer said:

Francisco with a 3 HR night, sh*t someone pinch me I must be dreaming

I was watching the other night when it happened, sh*tty season but that was pretty F'ing memorable being he did it vs. the Yanks with all that hoopla.   His first curtain call too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This season is OVER DONE FINIS.  Was an interesting yet very frustrating year.  Pitching staff just totally decimated.  Hitters couldnt hit. Bullpen was decent but exasperated.  Anyways, we found a lot about these players so going into next year there are going to be a BUNCH of changes.  Cohen will have his mitts all in this mess so it will be interesting what he does to try and straighten it out. At the top:  A new GM.  Probably a new manager is in the works as well.  How they handle the pitching will be fascinating.  deGrom, Walker, Carrasco will return and  Thor is a FA but I think he gets resigned and we go after a top flight arm. We have to in order to compete.  Many players are in question.  Do they bring Cano back, What do they do with Baez, JD, McNeil, Dom, Conforto.  This team will look very very different in 2022. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

This season is OVER DONE FINIS.  Was an interesting yet very frustrating year.  Pitching staff just totally decimated.  Hitters couldnt hit. Bullpen was decent but exasperated.  Anyways, we found a lot about these players so going into next year there are going to be a BUNCH of changes.  Cohen will have his mitts all in this mess so it will be interesting what he does to try and straighten it out. At the top:  A new GM.  Probably a new manager is in the works as well.  How they handle the pitching will be fascinating.  deGrom, Walker, Carrasco will return and  Thor is a FA but I think he gets resigned and we go after a top flight arm. We have to in order to compete.  Many players are in question.  Do they bring Cano back, What do they do with Baez, JD, McNeil, Dom, Conforto.  This team will look very very different in 2022. 

Other than Jake and Lindor because of the contract, there isn’t anybody on this team I wouldn’t move in a trade. Would also keep McCann.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...