Today is the scariest day

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Incidentally; Has anybody else's family made frequent remarks about how much nicer and calmer it is watching a Jets game with you while you're actively rooting for them to lose? Is that just me?

My wife got clued in the second I told  her to leave the bite guard and epinephrine in the bathroom closet. She’s pretty impressed, I must say. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

This is the day that can screw up our tank. A reeling pats team and a devious monster willing to throw one to sabotage his hated ex-employers. This is the one I'm worried about. If we can manage to get blown out tonight, that #1 pick is ours baby. 

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

While I completely understand where you're coming from, need not to worry, my dear friend.  I know we're accustomed to the Jets doing the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do.  We've spent a life time watching it.  It's maddening but this time, luckily, the Jets are so bad that they cant hurt us this time.

Fear not, this is the worst Football team in the history of the NFL and they will go 0-16, no questions asked.  Sit back and relax.  We go this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

This is the day that can screw up our tank. A reeling pats team and a devious monster willing to throw one to sabotage his hated ex-employers. This is the one I'm worried about. If we can manage to get blown out tonight, that #1 pick is ours baby. 

I am so sick of reading these threads about the tank, I am going to root for the Jets to win the rest of the season. Thank you tank fans for giving me a rooting interest in the games. 

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think you're underestimating just how good this tank has been managed.  The combination of roster, injuries and coaching is one of the best managed tanks in modern day sports. 

O ye of little faith. Meaning they'll find a sure-fire way to fck it up. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I am so sick of reading these threads about the tank, I am going to root for the Jets to win the rest of the season. Thank you tank fans for giving me a rooting interest in the games. 

Yeah, I feel ya. I'm decidedly ambivalent (heh). I can't find it within myself to root for a loss, it's not in my nature. It feels kind of greasy and skeezy to do that, so I don't. If it happens by natural selection or death by natural causes or something like that, I guess . . . but pulling a Terry Malloy, eh. I coulda had class. 

24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think you're underestimating just how good this tank has been managed.  The combination of roster, injuries and coaching is one of the best managed tanks in modern day sports. 

Pats had  half their defense opt out, Gilmore is out and they are down their top 2 WRs. 

We are horrible, but if Bellichick realizes his season is over I wouldn't put it past him to try less than 100pct tonight and screw the Jets.

I will say that his ego will probably prevent him from trying to lose tonight and he may be invigorated after watching Brady look washed last night so hopefully I am wrong. 

5 minutes ago, jetophile said:

O ye of little faith. Meaning they'll find a sure-fire way to fck it up. 

I think you underestimate the absolute focus not to score points that this team has fully embraced.  This is a team effort and the team has fully bought in.  This is not the Lou Holtz Jets.  This is the Adam Gase Jets. 

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is like going to a dentist appointment and rooting for a root canal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Yeah, I feel ya. I'm decidedly ambivalent (heh). I can't find it within myself to root for a loss, it's not in my nature. It feels kind of greasy and skeezy to do that, so I don't. If it happens by natural selection or death by natural causes or something like that, I guess . . . but pulling a Terry Malloy, eh. I coulda had class. 

For me right now, I'm rooting for the complete excoriation and subsequent expulsion from my beloved Jets, of a certain offensive genius. Getting #1 overall is like our reward for enduring the last two years. (Minus a six game stretch against a bunch of tomato cans, I'm sure Sar will be here to remind us soon)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, freestater said:

Shut your whore mouth! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think you underestimate the absolute focus not to score points that this team has fully embraced.  This is a team effort and the team has fully bought in.  This is not the Lou Holtz Jets.  This is the Adam Gase Jets. 

I guess herein lies part of the dilemma. Meaning it's a lyin' ass dilemma. Does Gase get crowned King or does he get deposed? If some folks had their way on here, they'd go full crazy Italian and string him up like Benito Mussolini. Probably mutilate his body, too. 

Gase has to be getting his ass fired, right? I SAID RIGHT? We're old, and ya never know who's hard of herring around here. That pun reminds me  of . . . and the tank talk and all . . .

I don't care how hokey this is, LMFAO. Never gets old. "What's your sign? Aquarium! Great! Let's get tanked!"

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If I had only had the epiphany of the effect of rooting during any of our AFC Championship losses, I would have "rooted" so much harder.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

For me right now, I'm rooting for the complete excoriation and subsequent expulsion from my beloved Jets, of a certain offensive genius. Getting #1 overall is like our reward for enduring the last two years. (Minus a six game stretch against a bunch of tomato cans, I'm sure Sar will be here to remind us soon)

Only someone who's guinea like me would use a tomato can analogy, lol.