Today is the scariest day

this was never a planned tank-our gm's roster is terrible and our coach is a terrible coach

the end result is a terrible record but you can be assured Gase and Joe D have wanted to win every single game this season and still want to win every single game

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

THAT would be cool, I love watching young QB's play a hell of alot more than the usual old man dregs we play in these situations.

this is particularly galling. Never going to get any read on young talent because our genius doesn't really develop any young talent, just keeps trotting out the old horses. 

56 minutes ago, freestater said:

This is the day that can screw up our tank. A reeling pats team and a devious monster willing to throw one to sabotage his hated ex-employers. This is the one I'm worried about. If we can manage to get blown out tonight, that #1 pick is ours baby. 

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

I've had my people on it all weekend, have no fear friend

N2fy.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Polish Mick. My dad and I liked to watch a lot of boxing. My dad had umm...a very colorful lexicon. 

I'm actually a mutt by blood, but Italian through adoption. So Polish Irish, huh? I won't use the Polish "slur" lest the wrath of social justice warriors rain down upon by bigoted head (rolls eyes), but how does a Polish person commit suicide? They don't! You can't kill yourself trying to jump out of a basement window!

I honestly think the whole "stupidity" thing started during huge waves of immigration in the late 1890s - early 1920s. People who spoke the English language had a definite advantage. Not being able to navigate a foreign language doesn't make somebody dumb, but there you have it IMO. Bunch of brutal sharks back then.

My Daddy got his nose busted with a baseball bat by a roving Irish teenage street gang on the streets of Manhattan in the early 1930s. He never fixed it out of pride. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I am so sick of reading these threads about the tank, I am going to root for the Jets to win the rest of the season. Thank you tank fans for giving me a rooting interest in the games. 

Im sure the team will play extra inspired now...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I honestly think the whole "stupidity" thing started during huge waves of immigration in the late 1890s - early 1920s. People who spoke the English language had a definite advantage. Not being able to navigate a foreign language doesn't make somebody dumb, but there you have it IMO. Bunch of brutal sharks back then.

You're probably right. Ironic. Like I say with training dogs, 'the smarter one of you two is going to have to learn the dumber one's language. Just who does that is yet to be determined'

26 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I guess herein lies part of the dilemma. Meaning it's a lyin' ass dilemma. Does Gase get crowned King or does he get deposed? If some folks had their way on here, they'd go full crazy Italian and string him up like Benito Mussolini. Probably mutilate his body, too. 

Gase has to be getting his ass fired, right? I SAID RIGHT? We're old, and ya never know who's hard of herring around here. That pun reminds me  of . . . and the tank talk and all . . .

I don't care how hokey this is, LMFAO. Never gets old. "What's your sign? Aquarium! Great! Let's get tanked!"

A shovel is the tool of choice for both digging and filling a hole.   The CBA still requires the hole diggers to dig and the hole fillers to fill.  It's a very strong union.  Gase is clearly a digger.  The hole is halfway done.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Im sure the team will play extra inspired now...

It's not for the team. I'm sure they will lose anyway but now I'm going to hope they don't so these idiotic threads can stop. It's bad enough I have to watch this team bring futility to new heights, but reading about the thought that they might not be bad enough, that is too much. 

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I'm actually a mutt by blood, but Italian through adoption. So Polish Irish, huh? I won't use the Polish "slur" lest the wrath of social justice warriors rain down upon by bigoted head (rolls eyes), but how does a Polish person commit suicide? They don't! You can't kill yourself trying to jump out of a basement window!

My Daddy got his nose busted with a baseball bat by a roving Irish teenage street gang on the streets of Manhattan in the early 1930s. He never fixed it out of pride. 

I’m Polish & all those jokes make me laugh. Everyone’s so damn sensitive. 
My best friends Irish, so he tells me about a plane crash in Poland, plane crashes right into a cemetery. Headline in the Newspaper: PLANE CRASHES IN CEMETARY, 1232 DEAD! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

My best friends Irish, so he tells me about a plane crash in Poland, plane crashes right into a cemetery. Headline in the Newspaper: PLANE CRASHES IN CEMETARY, 1232 DEAD! 

42d.thumb.jpg.7314872d0792f86ae8257addc7a60672.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I think you're underestimating just how good this tank has been managed.  The combination of roster, injuries and coaching is one of the best managed tanks in modern day sports. 

A stellar display of good management and planning, actually.

24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Ha, I'm sort of Jewish by osmosis.  My Daddy worked in the garment industry (and was also somewhat of a polyglot), I grew up in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood, I have a sh*t ton of Jewish friends, I know a spate of Hebrew, and of course, all of the Jewish jokes I know were told to me by Jews. "What's a Jewish dilemma?" "I don't know, what?" "Free ham." 

I have no hatred in my heart towards anyone. Part of the reason for that is that the end of the day, I'm there for the food . . . whatever that food may be. Food cures all ills and bridges all gaps. Take Sikhs, for example. Man, do those people know how to eat. And one of their greatest joys in life is feeding other people no matter what your gig is. I'm in.  

Anyway, I made an observation a gazillion years ago why Jews and Italians hit it off so well and there's so much truth to it, I'm just gonna say I consider it to be a truism. They're both with the guilt (Jewish Guilt vs Catholic Guilt), they're both with the borderline creepy thing with the Mother, your Grandmother is always trying to stuff you like a stuck pig . . . I'm not wrong, lol. 

Who cares about the Jets game, anyway? I'm hungry!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I couldn't be less worried about the Jets winning tonight.

It's almost like some of you didn't watch Joe Flacco in his two starts this year.

It's almost like nobody has watched the Jets ever. They blow draft position by winning a meaningless game in December. Look, there's the Browns. People who think Belichick is going to throw a game or Lawrence is gonna pull an Eli are actually just such giant homers that they can't even do a passable impersonation of skeptical.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

It's almost like nobody has watched the Jets ever. They blow draft position by winning a meaningless game in December. Look, there's the Browns. People who think Belichick is going to throw a game or Lawrence is gonna pull an Eli are actually just such giant homers that they can't even do a passable impersonation of skeptical.

I mean, normally I'd fully expect a 3-13 Jets team to win a game to get to 4-12 and cost ourselves whatever prospect.

But this Jets team is different. I just don't see a single winnable game on the schedule, personally. We are a significant cut below even the worst teams in the league. Like, watching the Giants/WFT game yesterday -- I don't think we could hang with either of those teams.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Best case scenario. 
Mims 8/90/1 TD 
Huff & Zuniga get sacks. 
Hall interception 

Davis interception 
Becton with 5 pancakes. 

Perine runs for 100 yards 
Jets lose driving for winning FG because Herndon fumbles & is cut Tuesday morning. 

2 hours ago, jetophile said:

I went through this with @bitonti in an unrelated thread. "Who the fck is they?" lol

We came to a gentleman's intellectual agreement about Carl Jung and the collective unconscious. 

if 2 douche bags talk philosophy on a Jets board 

and no one hears it

did it really happen?