Demario Davis

TMAC

Just now, TMAC said:

When he played for the Jets, he was great on and off the field.  Could not understand why they let him go.  I guess that's because it didn't make sense.  Who has the balls to admit that they were in favor of letting him go?

not the second time.  the first time he left for more money.  but when he came back he was much better and i'm not sure if the jets would've paid him what he was worth.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not the second time.  the first time he left for more money.  but when he came back he was much better and i'm not sure if the jets would've paid him what he was worth.

Agreed. The second time, they replaced him with Avery Williamson for less money but I think everyone was sad to see him go. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Great Jets draft picks that the Jets coincidentally let go bc they suck >>>>>>>> Jets All Time Greatest LBs.

John Abraham, James Farrior,  Demario Davis 

Farrior was a little different than the other two. Abraham and Davis were both studs on the Jets, we just didn't pay them. Farrior was a huge disappointment here who turned into a monster on the Steelers.

Just another piece of evidence to support a finding that this is one of the worst run sports franchises in history.  The Johnsons behave like men without pride or shame.  And please, don't tell me it's about the money.  Billionaires buy sports teams because they want to win.  They want to achieve success.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Farrior was a little different than the other two. Abraham and Davis were both studs on the Jets, we just didn't pay them. Farrior was a huge disappointment here who turned into a monster on the Steelers.

This is not accurate.  Farrior was a huge disappointment because that noted connoisseur of talent (aka that fat **** Parcells) passed on Pace and Walter Jones for his "next Lawrence Taylor" and spent 4 years trying to play him on the outside.  Herm came along with the cover who and moved him inside where he had a huge year - like 150 tackles, as many INTs as Jamal Adams has had in his career and a bunch of forced fumbles.  They then let him walk to the Steelers because they couldn't afford him with all the deals that fat **** gave to all of his cronies.  

Farrior was a better Vilma being used as if he were Abraham.  He never was a good pass rusher, but he was a hell of a linebacker. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is not accurate.  Farrior was a huge disappointment because that noted connoisseur of talent (aka that fat **** Parcells) passed on Pace and Walter Jones for his "next Lawrence Taylor" and spent 4 years trying to play him on the outside.  Herm came along with the cover who and moved him inside where he had a huge year - like 150 tackles, as many INTs as Jamal Adams has had in his career and a bunch of forced fumbles.  They then let him walk to the Steelers because they couldn't afford him with all the deals that fat **** gave to all of his cronies.  

Farrior was a better Vilma being used as if he were Abraham.  He never was a good pass rusher, but he was a hell of a linebacker. 

Def agree we used him wrong -- the guy barely played from 97-00. I'd maintain he was still a much better player for the Steelers than he ever was here including 2001 and I'd maintain the situation was far different than Abraham and Davis who were proven commodifies we didn't want to pay.

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

When he played for the Jets, he was great on and off the field.  Could not understand why they let him go.  I guess that's because it didn't make sense.  Who has the balls to admit that they were in favor of letting him go?

His last season with the Jets it seemed like the light had gone on. He was auch better player than before he left. I didn't understand why they didn't sign him either. All I could figure is they thought he was a one year wonder.

• Upvote 1

When you look at this Jets team, the mistakes these GMs make are like dominos that keep falling & each bad decision has an affect on our salary cap that has left us with 35 million dollars of dead cap money. 

It really starts in 2017, sure you can say Mahomes was a stretch & not taking him was hindsight but this franchise passing on Deshaun Watson was criminal! Just the idea that Macc was putting all his eggs in the Hackenberg basket was insane! Watson had looked fantastic playing against elite competition. 

So that was the beginning of the domino affect. 2nd round, everyone in here was on Dalvin Cook & if Macc had taken Watson, what better gift then a fantastic RB, similar to Dak + Elliott. Now in 2018 you don't have to trade away picks, you stay at #6 & lo and behold these are your choices when you eliminate the QBs (Bradley Chubb-Quenten Nelson-Roquan Smith -Mike McGlinchey- Minka Fitzpatrick) that is the order these guys went when you take out the QBs. 

So, if Macc wasn't the idiot he is & resigned Damario Davis (he was the best defender we had!) you wouldn't draft R. Smith so we obviously would have ended up with a a very good starter out of that group (even Macc coudn't eff it up).

Now we still have our 2nd rounder at #36 & Braden Smith is there or Darius Leonard. 

No one knows what our records would have been & where we would have picked up I'd venture to say that when Macc made that choice of Christian Hackenberg at pick #51 in the 2nd round it had ramifications that led directly to his demise. If you look at what Arizona did after they drafted Rosen in the 1st round & then drafted Murray anyway it gives you an idea of why the Cardinals blew these Jets out of the water. 

This is where having idiot owners like the Johnsons is wearing on Jet fans. During that 2016 draft when Houston was on the clock in the 2nd round I thought, hmm, Texans need a QB, if Hackenberg is good, his college coach O'brien will draft him & he passed on him. As soon as Macc picked him, the 1st thing that came to my mind as a fan was, why would you take a QB whose been passed on by the guy that knows him best? especially a coach for a team that desperately needs a QB? That bothered the sh*t out of me & if I owned the team, I would want to know the answer to that question & that answer better be damn good. 

It always comes back to our owners. JD needs to buck the trend, because these idiots don't ask questions. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think we thought that losing Demario the second time was a terrible thing.  

As an ILB in the 3-4 he did not cover that well in Bowles’ scheme.  Everyone thought that AW for a lower price was an upgrade.  

DD obviously became a star in New Orleans.  

The Jets have a unique talent of making players look much worse than their potential.  I don’t know why anyone signs here who wants a long term career.  Based on Mac’s signings, we don’t get those players.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's a very good MLB but let's be honest here, he's been in the NFL for 8 years with a whopping 0 Pro Bowls and 1 All Pro (2019) and already 31 years old; so please stop pretending and acting as if he's some type of "Ray Lewis". 

The Jets would still be 0-8 with Davis. 

Surely better than Blake Cashman & CJ Mosley has only played a handful of snaps for this team 

• Upvote 1

IIRC, the first go around he wasn't exactly a world beater in coverage, and combined with a much slower, aged David Harris, that was a huge weakness on the defense.

I haven't been paying attention to his game after he left. Has he gotten any better in that regard with the Saints?

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jamal Adams slight was a nice touch.