How it's possible for Gase to become a Jet fan favorite

WowOhWow

Like the rest of you I've resigned myself to the fact that the only thing worth rooting for now is to lose every game and secure the first pick in the draft.  Then for a second I realized that in 2-years Gase could have been integral in getting rid of Macc, landing JD and landing the first pick in the draft.

If he can pull that off (and gets fired at the end of it all) that is a huge contribution to this franchise...and when we turn this thing around he should be lauded for it.

Till then...just keep losing please.

• Upvote 2

Gase is exactly what a team purposely executing a deep rebuild needs.  Someone who is even-keeled and unemotional.  Someone who is unflappable and professional against media attacks.  Someone who takes the body blows and protects his players.  Someone whose locker room respects him and shows no quit.  An Alpha who knows what he wants and is decisive.  A football man who blew up the old culture, punted the old influencers, and brought in his own staff and own GM to rebuild this thing the right way.

Gase isn't causing us to lose.  Mike Maccagnan is.  Gase may or may not be the right guy when we are ready to win again, we can figure that out in a few years.  But for now, he's perfect.  In fact, I think he may have just invented a new category of head coaches-  he can be the guy that a broken franchise brings in for 2-3 years to evaluate, blow up, and rebuild then move on to when the team is good enough.  He's like a franchise consultant who can see things from the inside that a typical firm representative cannot.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Gase is exactly what a team purposely executing a deep rebuild needs.  Someone who is even-keeled.  Someone who is unflappable against media attacks.  Someone who takes the body blows and protects his players.  Someone whose locker room respects him and shows no quit.  An Alpha who knows what he wants and is decisive.  A football man who blew up the old culture, punted the old influencers, and brought in his own staff and own GM to rebuild this thing the right way.

Gase isn't causing us to lose.  Mike Maccagnan is.  Gase may or may not be the right guy when we are ready to win again, we can figure that out in a few years.  But for now, he's perfect.  In fact, I think he may have just invented a new category of head coaches-  he can be the guy that a broken franchise brings in for 2-3 years to evaluate, blow up, and rebuild then move on to when the team is good enough.  He's like a franchise consultant who can see things from the inside that a typical firm representative cannot.

SAR I

He’s also kept the team safe from the coronavirus.

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase is exactly what a team purposely executing a deep rebuild needs.  Someone who is even-keeled and unemotional.  Someone who is unflappable and professional against media attacks.  Someone who takes the body blows and protects his players.  Someone whose locker room respects him and shows no quit.  An Alpha who knows what he wants and is decisive.  A football man who blew up the old culture, punted the old influencers, and brought in his own staff and own GM to rebuild this thing the right way.

SAR I

Didn’t realize Macagnan was in Miami also! Stop sucking this guy's dick!

• Upvote 2

If we do end up becoming only the 3rd team to go 0-16, Adam Gase will join one of the most elite coaching fraternities in NFL history, alongside Hue Jackson and Rod Marinelli.

He'll be forever synonymous with not just losing, but historic losing.  And he'll stand above his peers in the "Gase-and-16 Club" because he'll have achieved the impossible as "The guy who overtook Kotite!"

Among the hotshot young HC's in the league, he'll be the guy the owners turn to if they decide their team needs to not just "bottom out" but "crater out".  The NFL's "new face of losing".

And, don't get me wrong.  If we do end up turning this around as a result of Gase's historic ineptitude, I wouldn't at all be opposed if the Johnson family decided to build a statue of him sitting on the bench by himself, hidden behind his cap and mask, staring at a play-sheet while ignoring his players.

They can call it "The Nadir".

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Learn from Tom Hanks, and just let him go.... 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Like the rest of you I've resigned myself to the fact that the only thing worth rooting for now is to lose every game and secure the first pick in the draft.  Then for a second I realized that in 2-years Gase could have been integral in getting rid of Macc, landing JD and landing the first pick in the draft.

If he can pull that off (and gets fired at the end of it all) that is a huge contribution to this franchise...and when we turn this thing around he should be lauded for it.

In a few years when Douglas and Lawrence are lifting up the Lombardi we will all thanks Gase for making it happen. He can watch it on tv like the rest of us.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Don't forget that he also ran off that ass clown Mehta!