Should have traded Jamal Adams to the Cowboys

Imagine if we had Dallas' #1 picks this coming year and next year?  That would've been way too good to be true.  Potentially we could've added Trevor and Penei Sewell.  Or Trevor and a trade-down (from Dallas' pick, where a potential FQB might also be sitting there).  Oh well, it's all just speculation anyway but that would've been incredible.

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

But that's my point. As a fan, how does the waiting drop the value? Come draft day, a 1st rounder is just as valuable as any 1st rounder on any draft day, barring discrepancies in draft slot/prospects available.

I get how the longer wait lowers the value from a GM's perspective, because they're on borrowed time, but I just don't see how it lowers the value from the fan perspective.

Now, if we were talking about a Jets team that was on the cusp of a Super Bowl and running out of time, then, yes, I'd agree that 1st round picks now are more valuable than later, but we're rebuilding arguably the least talented roster in the team's history. More picks > less picks.

Because rookies take time to develop.  In a throwaway year, you would want a WR like Lamb, because really good WR's don't tend to explode until Year 2.  Imagine pairing Year 2 Lamb with a rookie Lawrence or Fields?

Pushing picks back a year (or 2, in the case of the 2022 pick) also pushes back the time when those players you draft really start making a serious impact at the premium positions.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because rookies take time to develop.  In a throwaway year, you would want a WR like Lamb, because really good WR's don't tend to explode until Year 2.  Imagine pairing Year 2 Lamb with a rookie Lawrence or Fields?

Pushing picks back a year (or 2, in the case of the 2022 pick) also pushes back the time when those players you draft really start making a serious impact at the premium positions.  

I did say Lamb with Lawrence or Fields would be sweet, but I just don't think we're short on time here. I'm looking forward to who we could grab with the two picks we did get.

If Lawrence or Fields are really legit than we'll have ample time for future draft picks to develop.