Douglas's draft looking better and better

Pointdexter

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Becton has been playing banged up all year.  You gotta give him credit for fightng through it. This draft class does look promising. I think when they feature Perine more he's going to show he can be a quality player. Unfortunately that's only going to happen if Gase is fired.  

I’m praying for the sake of his health and development that this injury isn’t a torn pectoral muscle...but it might be that given that he’s likely been compensating for that weak shoulder.

• Upvote 2

The most promising thing is that we are not just talking about him potentially hitting on draft picks but him potentially hitting on draft picks at LT, WR and potentially contributors at edge and corner. Not iDL and LBs.

Things look promising. Huff (UDFA) looks like a contributor as well. But Becton, Mims and Davis look very promising. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Assuming Becton can become a durable player, yes. 

He's never had durability concerns ever, so I'm not sure why some posters are going over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if he ripped some scar tissue but I'll leave it up to @Matt39 to make the final prognosis. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's never had durability concerns ever, so I'm not sure why some posters are going over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if he ripped some scar tissue but I'll leave it up to @Matt39 to make the final prognosis. 

Exactly. I don't remember the last offensive players career derailed by a torn pec muscle. It's a freak injury. Let's get all these injuries to Becton and Mims out of the way this year. We've seen enough from Becton now let's watch Mims develop after being labeled a bust because no player has ever recovered from hamstring strains. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The OL signings are starting to look pretty solid, too. 

Last year they needed 5 new lineman.  This year I think they need two new lineman. I would be okay with the current tackle and center. Get two new guards and let's go.

• Upvote 3

How did our rookie CB Bryce Hall look during his 1st game? 

I was so disgusted and feeling sick to my stomach throughout the game with just the thought on losing out on the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence, where as a fan; I couldn't even gather my thoughts together well enough to focus on individual players throughout the game. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Concerned about Becton. Monster when healthy, the shoulder issue(and it's rumored he tore his pec tonight), want to see how he returns next year. 

If he tore his pec, it's a disaster. You can't tell people you have a definite franchise left tackle if he's played like 6 games in the league and coming off a season ending injury. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Amazing what happens when you have a QB under center who can diagnose a pre snap blitz and read more than half of the field.

Respectfully, this is way off. Flacco looked like Junk in his other games when he was throwing to Junk. Never even reached 200 yds.  All of a sudden he found it? 

Darnold will have a nice game in 2 weeks

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Amazing what happens when you have a QB under center who can diagnose a pre snap blitz and read more than half of the field.

I think this the pre-snap stuff is an excellent point.

Darnold forcing the ball and having iffy mechanics is one thing, but the pre-snap stuff is so hard for people to quantify that it just doesnt get spoken about very much, but watching flacco it appears Sam is really bad at it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1