Brehad Perriman Looked Pretty Good out there

JetBlue

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I really like Perriman but we need to remember this is a decimated Patriots team with like 9 opt outs. If Perriman comes cheap then sure but I still would take a WR with Seattles pick.

If we sign Robinson, Godwin or maybe JuJu it would round out the group pretty well.  WR goes from a need to a nice-to-have and we have a lot more needs to address.  But that's only if we sign one of those guys.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I really like Perriman but we need to remember this is a decimated Patriots team with like 9 opt outs. If Perriman comes cheap then sure but I still would take a WR with Seattles pick.

I am in totally agreement.  Depending on who is on the board I could see talking a receiver with one of our first 3 or 4 picks.  All things being equal, I would be okay with using the Seattle pick on a WR.

Just now, nycdan said:

If we sign Robinson, Godwin or maybe JuJu it would round out the group pretty well.  WR goes from a need to a nice-to-have and we have a lot more needs to address.  But that's only if we sign one of those guys

Good point and also something that would make us a bit more attractive to a certain 6'6 quarterback. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I've been waiting for someone to post this so I guess I will.  Perriman played very well tonight. If he can stay healthy, he could be worth resigning, for less money than the big name receivers will be asking for.  Maybe add one mid level free agent receiver and draft another to go along with Mims, and Crowder.   The guy has talent; he just has to stay on the field.  With him and Mims on the field together with Crowder, there is going to be some mismatches and a better quarterback will be able to fully utilize them.  These next 7 games are real audition for him and also a chance for Mims to get more comfortable out there.   I know it's only one game, but for that one game, lets give Perriman some love.  We got to see what JD was hoping for.  

Bolded the important parts. 

His issue isn’t his size, his speed, or his hands.  He’s not a trouble-maker, or a law breaker, and I haven’t seen him blow up Twitter.  

Maybe he’s in on the tank, and they’ve been encouraging him to “continue healing,” but one big game per half season isn’t going to fix many problems moving forward. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I've been waiting for someone to post this so I guess I will.  Perriman played very well tonight. If he can stay healthy, he could be worth resigning, for less money than the big name receivers will be asking for.  Maybe add one mid level free agent receiver and draft another to go along with Mims, and Crowder.   The guy has talent; he just has to stay on the field.  With him and Mims on the field together with Crowder, there is going to be some mismatches and a better quarterback will be able to fully utilize them.  These next 7 games are real audition for him and also a chance for Mims to get more comfortable out there.   I know it's only one game, but for that one game, lets give Perriman some love.  We got to see what JD was hoping for.  

Yeah he did, bet money flacco is to thank cause you know he was picking plays and throwing down field in spite if play calls

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’d bring him back on another cheap 1 year  deal.  Don’t read too much into last night’s game the patriots are by far the worst team the jets have faced this season 

NE secondary still had McCourtey and Jaycee Jackson who leads the NFL in INT’s Perriman had a good game. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Good point and also something that would make us a bit more attractive to a certain 6'6 quarterback. 

Just commented in another thread. Lawrence has to declare in January. At least that was the deadline last year (Jan 20th), unless something’s changed & I’m just unaware of it. 

So he won’t know which FAs have signed with the Jets - or which have signed with their 2020 teams or turned us down outright - until almost 2 months after he declares for the draft or decides not to come out. 

15 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

How about re-sign Perriman (he has talent when healthy) and then add Kyle Pitts at Seattle's pick? He's like a WR in a TE's body.

The trio of Crowder, Mims, and Perriman is pretty good when they're all out there. Add in Pitts and we've got something going.

Every mock draft I've seen has Pitt going from 9-16 range. So it's a no brainer to draft him at 31.

Re-sign Perriman

Sign Allen Robinson

Extend Crowder

Draft Seth Williams in round 3

Play to the strengths of FA and get a WR there and let a WR fall to you. Don’t force the pick, we have too many areas of need.

WR1- Allen Robinson

WR2- Denzel Mims

WR3- Breshad Perriman

Slot1 - Jamison Crowder

Slot2- Braxton Berrios 

WR4- Seth Williams

While the Patriots are a bad team, they still have a good secondary. Let’s not discredit what Perriman and Flacco did too much. The pressure is on Darnold to improve. Flacco showed our weapons aren’t HS level players. Even our OL without Becton held it together. I’m not buying that all 3 have to be on the field for them to magically all be good. 2 of 3 have been on the field at various points this season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Every mock draft I've seen has Pitt going from 9-16 range. So it's a no brainer to draft him at 31.

While I don't think the Seattle pick will be 31 (more likely mid to late 20's), if Pitts is gone I would do the Clemson double dip and grab Etienne. Instant chemistry with Trevor and they would bring a winning mentality.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Are u shocked deep ball WR’s look good with QB who actually throw accurate deep balls and actually gives them chances.  No suprise robby is better now. Just like its no suprised Permian best game came with flacco.

I think it's because of having Mims on the other side.

• Upvote 1

Perriman finally had himself a game.

I will go on the record as saying that I do not want Smith-Schuster.  More of a slot type.  He is what?  The third best WR on his team?  I don't see him as make something from nothing guy.  He is a volume guy like Crowder.  Give me a true #1, or keep trying with #1 traits guys like Mims and Perriman.  Otherwise get me a RB that plays WR like Duvernay, Samuel, Shenault.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

How about re-sign Perriman (he has talent when healthy) and then add Kyle Pitts at Seattle's pick? He's like a WR in a TE's body.

The trio of Crowder, Mims, and Perriman is pretty good when they're all out there. Add in Pitts and we've got something going.

I doubt Pitts lasts that long. He's most likely a top 15 pick

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Just because you predicted it doesn’t mean they’re wrong. 

I too would like to see him for comparison purposes.

Yup...GREAT!  How about we all come back here in three years.  Because all the JD haters are doing is trying to be the first homer who could say "SEE!" I told you he would suck!

We have NO idea what this team will be until he gets three years to build a base.  So there is no point in this back and forth....none.

Just a bunch of ego's trying to get stroked.  

The ONLY thing to be concerned with this year is a) of all these one year deals, is there anyone worth bringing back.  Because if you played hard on a one year contract with the worst team in football, you will be the kind of player you want here b) How do the draft picks look who has played.  Did they start out rough and get better?  Do they look good right from the start?  Did they start out rough and got worse?  Only thing worth worrying about.  

• Upvote 2