Are you happy with this loss?

Bronx

I wasn't, because I don't believe in quitting and losing. Also, a #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything (see Baker Mayfield's career and other busts).

If you were happy losing last night, you should change your status from loyal to disgraceful.

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 26
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Here come the purity tests.

Yes. I’m delighted. Put yourself in a position to get the franchise QB. Whether Lawrence or even Fields are to bust I’d rather swing and miss than to have no shot. We’ve cost ourselves a ton of elite talent over the years with meaningless wins. 

Nice selective examples too. Lawrence is a better prospect than Mayfield ever was.

Let's see if you can figure this one out:

• Paul Hornung (1957) – Won Super Bowl I
  • Bubba Smith (1967) – Won Super Bowl V
  • Terry Bradshaw (1970) – Won Super Bowl IX, X, XIII, XIV
  • Jim Plunkett (1971) – Won Super Bowl XV, XVIII
  • John Matuszak (1973) – Won Super Bowl XI, XV
  • Ed “Too Tall” Jones (1974) – Won Super Bowl XII
  • George Rogers (1981) – Won Super Bowl XXII
  • John Elway (1983) – Won Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII
  • Troy Aikman (1989) – Won Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, XXX
  • Russell Maryland (1991) – Won Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, XXX
  • Drew Bledsoe (1993) – Won Super Bowl XXXVI
  • Keyshawn Johnson (1996) – Won Super Bowl XXXVII
  • Orlando Pace (1997) – Won Super Bowl XXXIV
  • Peyton Manning (1998) – Won Super Bowl XLI, 50
  • David Carr (2002) – Won Super Bowl XLVI
  • Eli Manning (2004) – Won Super Bowl XLII, XLVI
  • Eric Fisher (2013) – Won Super Bowl LIV

• WTF? 3

The Patriots 2020/1 are not the Patriots of yesteryear. The NJ Jets proved that last night. That said, the Jets also demonstrated that with a few good breaks and a somewhat better team they have a shot at respectability as a so-so team rather than what they have been until now: the League's doormat. Play-calling showed a definite improvement. Whether the play-calling was essentially the same but matched better with Mr. Joseph Flacco's particular skill toolkit is a good topic for discussion.

With a 'lost' season now in the books, the Jets have the freedom to try out a number of changes. It will be interesting to see if this option is explored.

Go, Jets!

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

I wasn't, because I don't believe in quitting and losing. Also, a #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything (see Baker Mayfield's career and other busts).

If you were happy losing last night, you should change your status from loyal to disgraceful.

The thing is if it was Sam orchestrating this I would’ve been somewhat okay with it. I can’t genuinely be happy that Flacco Gore and Perriman who won’t be here will cost us a shot at a generational prospect. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Absolutely. Jets looking capable all game, Mims making a couple plays, Pats looking like a shell of themselves with talent that appears to rival the pitiful Jets AND the Jets managing to lose and preserve their perfect season at the time time was the absolute PERFECT outcome.

Anyone wishing we had beat up on a pathetic Bradyless Pats, like that will somehow start to make up for the past decade is delusional and shortsighted to say the least. 

@SAR I What do you think of the play calling since Gase gave it up? In all seriousness, not being argumentative - As Gase's last standing supporter (still cant tell if you're trolling or genuinely like the man?) Do you think the O has looked any better? 

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Have you ever folded a hand in poker?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Yes

As a matter of fact, I want to see 7 more losses exactly like this.

Competitive, close games that come down to the wire...but the Jets lose in the end.

At least last night was fun to watch, unlike the previous 8 weeks.

Exactly this. Had a great time watching but in the end got to keep the #1 spot in the draft ?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

If it makes you feel better, I locked the wife and kids in the closet and put a gun in my mouth for a few hours and ranted like a maniac.  Happy? A Jets win after 8 consecutive losses would make you happy last night?  This is about dumpster diving to see if we can come up with a half eaten sandwich that's still partially wrapped in wax paper.  If winning last night made you happy you're a fake fan.  It's about more than 1 game if you're a fanatic Jets fan.  It's about hanging on the side of a cliff in 40 below by a fingernail in the middle of nowhere and hoping the noise in the woods above you is help on the way and not a pack of hungry wolves waiting to pick on your dead broken body.

Nobody is happy.  It's about rationalizing sticking with it.  The meteor that's heading right at your front door that's going to kill everything within a thousand miles is going too miss by 1001 miles.  Happy?  Harumph.  Here's a question, if you're submerged in 10 feet of water and can't breath will getting to 8 feet make you happy?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Absolutely. Jets looking capable all game, Mims making a couple plays, Pats looking like a shell of themselves with talent that appears to rival the pitiful Jets AND the Jets managing to lose and preserve their perfect season at the time time was the absolute PERFECT outcome.

Anyone wishing we had beat up on a pathetic Bradyless Pats, like that will somehow start to make up for the past decade is delusional and shortsighted to say the least. 

I thought that NE was trying to tank too, but they were actually playing as best as they could.

Cam still has only 2 passing TDs after 7 games. That must be an NFL record.

Flacco in this game had as many TDs as Darnold has had all year. We need a new QB. Give Darnold a shot to be good somewhere else... it’s not going to happen here.
Perriman looks like a different player with Flacco. Look at Robby now. Is that Gase or Darnold? After yesterday’s game, I’m not sure it’s all on Gase. Darnold needs to get better attacking downfield. Not defending Gase. He should be gone already.

We need a QB. Picking number 1, will allow JD to select his preferred QB whoever that may be.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Here come the purity tests.

Yes. I’m delighted. Put yourself in a position to get the franchise QB. Whether Lawrence or even Fields are to bust I’d rather swing and miss than to have no shot. We’ve cost ourselves a ton of elite talent over the years with meaningless wins. 

Nice selective examples too. Lawrence is a better prospect than Mayfield ever was.

Yes we have also cost ourselves elite talent chasing QB’s in the draft.  We have one yet nobody realizes because he was never given a chance the last 2 years, no roster in football is as close to bad as the Jets team that they fielded the first 8 games, last night was the most talent the Jets fielded on offense by far this season.

• Upvote 1

Nope.

Losing begets losing. 

And we're a decade long embarrassment with nothing to show for it, despite how often these same Fans have rooted for losses because the Draft...

We're hearing all the same B.S. we heard before we got Sam Darnold.

It's almost like Jets Fans get collective amnesia every year about these things.

T.L. is not a saviour.  We'll suck with him just like we suck now, without a wholesale change at every level of this franchise  and a massive improvement in overall team talent.  One draft pick doesn't get you any of that, it just gets another four years of the same folks now rooting for losses yelling at anyone who doubts anything about T.L. for being "bad fans", just like they did for Darnold till the realized the truth.

Same old, Same Old, nothing ever changes here.

Wake me when one of these "lose for the draft" years actually works out for US.  So far, nada, and we've been here often.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wake me when one of these "lose for the draft" years actually works out for US.  So far, nada, and we've been here often.

Yup, I can recall all those late season wins that cost us several draft spots, and how they propelled us into the next year. Momentum from one year to the next in the NFL, where at least 25% of a roster is overturned is a real thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes we have also cost ourselves elite talent chasing QB’s in the draft.  We have one yet nobody realizes because he was never given a chance the last 2 years, no roster in football is as close to bad as the Jets team that they fielded the first 8 games, last night was the most talent the Jets fielded on offense by far this season.

Elite QBs do not exist only on paper.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yup, I can recall all those late season wins that cost us several draft spots, and how they propelled us into the next year. Momentum from one year to the next in the NFL, where at least 25% of a roster is overturned is a real thing.

But let's keep rolling over cap space "for the future."

For Jets fans, the future is always a season away.