Are you happy with this loss?

Bronx

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

I wasn't, because I don't believe in quitting and losing. Also, a #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything (see Baker Mayfield's career and other busts).

If you were happy losing last night, you should change your status from loyal to disgraceful.

Fortunately,  I dont have to label myself as any type of fan, other than to myself.  Especially, to some blow hard who think his way is the only way.

The Jets need a complete overhaul, and that starts from head coach to probably the towel boy.  Winning a game at 0 and 8 means nothing.

What was important, we saw who still is playing with heart.  There was no quit on most that I saw.  

The game was enjoyable, which is the purpose of the game anyway.  

Again, Fortunately,  I dont have to justify my "status" to anyone.  Especially OP.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm never happy with a loss but I'm not sad either.  

This sums it up for me.

While it pains me to see the Pats win and BB smile, I'd much rather see that organization celebrate now after an insignificant win (to us) in November than seeing them celebrate in April during the draft after they've selected a new franchise QB that could haunt us for the next decade +

We all knew this would be a tough season, and a likely step down from 7 wins was expected.   If the Jets were developing around Darnold this season, I would have never rooted for losses even though a loss was more likely than a win.  This season was supposed to be a building block for the future.  3,4,5 wins with Darnold developing was fine.  We did not need a top 5 draft pick necessarily. 

But Gase and this team have been so bad, Darnold so behind and Trevor Lawrence and even Justin Fields so good, that for someone who would like to see the Jets compete in the playoffs in the next 3-5 years, winning any game this season seems counterproductive.

Once we have a QB and a coach, I will root for them to win every game, regardless of likelihood of victory.  They would be building, and moving forward.  But a win in 2020 does this team no good.  

Thrilled with the loss. Best game of the season. On another note Joe Douglas needs to have a sit down with all the 1 year stop gaps on the team like Gore, Flacco, and Perrimam. He needs to let them know their performance was unacceptable and they, in no way, can ruin this teams future by performing like that again

• Haha 2

Very happy with it. Primo-level tank loss. Those are the ones the Jets usually win and shoot themselves in the foot.

We're more than halfway to securing the #1 pick. The Week 17 game in New England is the only game that concerns me; if JAX picks up one more win (which I think they will) we are golden. 1-15 is the best we'll do and I think it's a coin flip on us going 0-16. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yes

As a matter of fact, I want to see 7 more losses exactly like this.

Competitive, close games that come down to the wire...but the Jets lose in the end.

At least last night was fun to watch, unlike the previous 8 weeks.

Gotta believe TL is watching Jets/Jaguars games (esp national broadcasts).
Close losses are going to be more appealing than blowouts. 

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Let's see if you can figure this one out:

• Paul Hornung (1957) – Won Super Bowl I
  • Bubba Smith (1967) – Won Super Bowl V
  • Terry Bradshaw (1970) – Won Super Bowl IX, X, XIII, XIV
  • Jim Plunkett (1971) – Won Super Bowl XV, XVIII
  • John Matuszak (1973) – Won Super Bowl XI, XV
  • Ed “Too Tall” Jones (1974) – Won Super Bowl XII
  • George Rogers (1981) – Won Super Bowl XXII
  • John Elway (1983) – Won Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII
  • Troy Aikman (1989) – Won Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, XXX
  • Russell Maryland (1991) – Won Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, XXX
  • Drew Bledsoe (1993) – Won Super Bowl XXXVI
  • Keyshawn Johnson (1996) – Won Super Bowl XXXVII
  • Orlando Pace (1997) – Won Super Bowl XXXIV
  • Peyton Manning (1998) – Won Super Bowl XLI, 50
  • David Carr (2002) – Won Super Bowl XLVI
  • Eli Manning (2004) – Won Super Bowl XLII, XLVI
  • Eric Fisher (2013) – Won Super Bowl LIV

Thats a good list.   Of course 2 of your QBs were backups, and some of your other players were more roles like players, or playing on teams different from where they were drafted.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All you f**kfaces who can't handle a lost season are a big reason this team never tanks properly and ends up with pick # 6.  The owners think the only way to keep the cash flow coming is to shoot for 6-10 every season. 

And some of you f**kers celebrate when the team wins meaningless games late in the season, because you actually think it carries over to the next season.  It never, ever does.

Stop telling people how to be entertained or how to fan.  You're not better than anyone else, and your preference for meaningless wins is simply wrong when it comes to what's best for the franchise in the long run.  Leave the damn board until January if you're so angry about fans rooting for losses.  It's not stopping for the next 7 games.

This is a little harsh to say the least. 

We all want what's best for the NY Jets, some just think it in different ways. 

Been a fan my entire life and never ever would I imagine wanting the NY Jets to lose but what we've been doing for years and years winning meaningless games hasn't done us a bit of good. 

Maybe getting the #1 pick and cant miss real QB changes what hasn't changed around here in 51 years. 

I really hope so. 

• Sympathy 1

i dont root against my team and unlike many here dont care if we pick 4 or 1.....its almost a lock at this point we pick top 5. Some feel trevor lawrence will change this team and franchise. I dont. But we will see with time what happens. Should Trevor actually agree to come here I will certainly be rooting for his sucess....why, because he will be a Jet!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hypothetically, you're the GM of the NY Jets.  You decided, you're not going to take TL or Fields, what would you rather have;

A win last night with Joe Flacco on a team that is going to be completely turned over (including probably the coaching staff)?

or 

You trade with the Colts, get a haul and now have hypothetically 12 picks in the first 2 rounds for the next 2 years?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

If the NY Jets get the #1 pick going 0-16 you don't trade it. 

This was a hypothetical question to a person who isnt sold on TL and Fields but this hot take is much appreciated and definitely, unique. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t know why some are acting like Lawrence would be walking into the same sh*tty situation.

Upwards of $100 million in cap space, probably at least 6 picks in the Top 100 alone, another two 1st rounders in 2022, etc.

Say the Jets sign a legit wideout like Robinson or Godwin, land another cornerstone OL like Thuney (who was supposedly JD’s #1 target last year) and maybe bring in a decent receiving TE like Gerald Everett...then they walk away from the Top 35 with Lawrence, Trey Smith and Etienne/Harris.

QB Trevor Lawrence 

RB Travis Etienne

WR Allen Robinson

WR Denzel Mims

WR Jamison Crowder

TE Gerald Everett 

LT Mekhi Becton 

LG Joe Thuney

C Connor McGovern

RG Trey Smith

RT George Fant 

Please explain to me how the hell that is some kind of dire supporting cast for a young QB? And it’s all perfectly attainable.

It only looked terrible because Sam Darnold is a garbage QB who is incapable of making the talent around him look better.  And Gase didn't help matters either.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope.

Losing begets losing. 

And we're a decade long embarrassment with nothing to show for it, despite how often these same Fans have rooted for losses because the Draft...

We're hearing all the same B.S. we heard before we got Sam Darnold.

It's almost like Jets Fans get collective amnesia every year about these things.

T.L. is not a saviour.  We'll suck with him just like we suck now, without a wholesale change at every level of this franchise  and a massive improvement in overall team talent.  One draft pick doesn't get you any of that, it just gets another four years of the same folks now rooting for losses yelling at anyone who doubts anything about T.L. for being "bad fans", just like they did for Darnold till the realized the truth.

Same old, Same Old, nothing ever changes here.

Wake me when one of these "lose for the draft" years actually works out for US.  So far, nada, and we've been here often.

And throughout that decade long embarrassment we've only landed a top 5 pick once. We've literally never got the top pick in that time. Not sure we're the ones with amnesia - The results seem to contradict your point. 

Perhaps a Newton, Luck or Murray could have helped us out these last 10 years. They were/are huge parts in turning their franchise around. The value the #1 pick has this year is extremely high - There's a reason it could probably get you a haul of future firsts. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

And throughout that decade long embarrassment we've only landed a top 5 pick once. We've literally never got the top pick in that time. Not sure we're the ones with amnesia - The results seem to contradict your point. 

Perhaps a Newton, Luck or Murray could have helped us out these last 10 years. They were/are huge parts in turning their franchise around. The value the #1 pick has this year is extremely high - There's a reason it could probably get you a haul of future firsts. 

That is the other factor in the equation, we traded UP for Sanchez and Darnold.

Shoot Me GIF by memecandy

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All you f**kfaces who can't handle a lost season are a big reason this team never tanks properly and ends up with pick # 6.  The owners think the only way to keep the cash flow coming is to shoot for 6-10 every season. 

And some of you f**kers celebrate when the team wins meaningless games late in the season, because you actually think it carries over to the next season.  It never, ever does.

Stop telling people how to be entertained or how to fan.  You're not better than anyone else, and your preference for meaningless wins is simply wrong when it comes to what's best for the franchise in the long run.  Leave the damn board until January if you're so angry about fans rooting for losses.  It's not stopping for the next 7 games.

Ok, I got you. 

9E057803-0C19-4CEB-8CDF-1B3CF8DDD14A.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It only looked terrible because Sam Darnold is a garbage QB who is incapable of making the talent around him look better.  And Gase didn't help matters either.

It’s starting to look more and more like that’s the case.

I think everyone knows I’ve been a massive Darnold fan for a long time, but the kid looks completely broken.

Isn’t seeing the field, looks completely skittish in the pocket, is developing an injury history, etc.

If we can nab Lawrence or Fields and get an additional 2nd for him, I’ll call that a win.

• Upvote 4