Jump to content
Bronx

Are you happy with this loss?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Jets haven’t missed out on elite talent due to meaningless wins. We’ve just always picked the wrong players. 

And the Trevor Lawrence overrating has become comical. Last week he was better than Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, now he’s “as good as Patrick Mahomes”. 

We need to draft better players, for the offense, so we can score more points. It’s not a mysterious equation or puzzle. Nice to see Mims starting to come on. It’s a start. 

Awesome post! Establishing a winning culture and drafting well are incredibly important. 

We brought Bill Parcell after going 1-15. We need a reputable coach and a decent QB. 

Our reputation and winning culture will be key areas to attract good players.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was content with the loss.

Having Flacco looking good until the 4th did nothing for me because he represents noting to us.  If we "blow" this shot at the #1 pick then hopefully its because Darnold has looked good and led us to victory.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Gase coached well last night.  That offense was humming against a Hall of Fame defensive coach and with a backup quarterback, a backup left tackle, a 50 year old running back, and a set of WR's that hadn't played together all season.  Might have been his most impressive moment since being a Jets head coach.

Gregg Williams lost the game yesterday.  And he lost the Broncos game too.  Something about 4th quarter leads that his defense doesn't like.  We'd have 2 wins on our way to the 5-11 season everyone predicted back in August if we had a defensive coordinator who isn't known for losing his squad the longer he stays in place.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Sam deserves to be slapped for his sh*tty play...  maybe it would wake him tf up?

I'm with you brother.  I am getting to the point where I can't deal with his excuses anymore.  He reminds me of a redheaded Mark Sanchez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All you f**kfaces who can't handle a lost season are a big reason this team never tanks properly and ends up with pick # 6.  The owners think the only way to keep the cash flow coming is to shoot for 6-10 every season. 

And some of you f**kers celebrate when the team wins meaningless games late in the season, because you actually think it carries over to the next season.  It never, ever does.

Stop telling people how to be entertained or how to fan.  You're not better than anyone else, and your preference for meaningless wins is simply wrong when it comes to what's best for the franchise in the long run.  Leave the damn board until January if you're so angry about fans rooting for losses.  It's not stopping for the next 7 games.

angry hulk GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol who gives a flying f**k about Darnold's feelings.  This was the same sh*t people whined about when the team was looking to replace Sanchez.  

Whether Lawrence is available to the Jets or not, it is a good thing to be picking at the top of the board ijn a lost season.  Lawrence, Fields, or trade down for a massive package of picks...these are all viable options. 

In any scenario this team needs a QB.  Whether people want to kick the can down the road or address it in this year's draft, that will remain so.  35 year old Joe f**king Flacco, who sucks and is washed up, and who visibly doesn't want to be out there, just had by far the best QB performance of the season last night.  Not even close.  

No I know what you mean.  I have come to the realization that Sam is just a BS "I can fix this" kind of guy just like his buddy Mark Sanchez so I have no problem with Sam being shown the door.   

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A loss is an unequivocal win in a lost season, and we've never been in a better position for a tank year than this year. I was happy as a pig in sh*t when Folk hit that FG

 

lol at Sam Darnold's feelings--they are probably pretty low after seeing Flacco throw as many TD's last night as he has all season

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Of course you pass, because yet again you can’t back up any arguments you make.  You’re just a giant bag of wind.   

Well, that seems a popular view, given the +Reps it got.

So I guess it's true.  In which case, no reason you'd want to know anyway, I'm just a gasbag troll apparently.

So what's the point?  My opinion here is grotesquely unpopular, the majority clearly think actively rooting for losses against the Jets is the right call, so ok.  It's the right call.  I surrender.  I'd think that would make you and others happy.

I'm not SAR, I'm not going to keep grinding an Ax no one agrees with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All you f**kfaces who can't handle a lost season are a big reason this team never tanks properly and ends up with pick # 6.  The owners think the only way to keep the cash flow coming is to shoot for 6-10 every season. 

And some of you f**kers celebrate when the team wins meaningless games late in the season, because you actually think it carries over to the next season.  It never, ever does.

Stop telling people how to be entertained or how to fan.  You're not better than anyone else, and your preference for meaningless wins is simply wrong when it comes to what's best for the franchise in the long run.  Leave the damn board until January if you're so angry about fans rooting for losses.  It's not stopping for the next 7 games.

A great idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Or, Darnold is not that good or a franchise QB?

Maybe but how will you really know with the worst offensive HC in football coaching him with like 60 million of unused or dead cap space every year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I happy with the loss? Not really.

Am I bothered by the loss? No.

Look, Lawrence isn't going to fix everything. We still need an overhaul at receiver. We need defensive upgrades. And most importantly, we need a great coach.

Buffalo isn't going away. Miami looks promising. And hate them all you want. But the Pats demise may not be years. They could be back in contention by 2022.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jets86 said:

Am I happy with the loss? Not really.

Am I bothered by the loss? No.

Look, Lawrence isn't going to fix everything. We still need an overhaul at receiver. We need defensive upgrades. And most importantly, we need a great coach.

Buffalo isn't going away. Miami looks promising. And hate them all you want. But the Pats demise may not be years. They could be back in contention by 2022.

 

 

The Jets will only compete with the teams in their division if their organization is comparable.  

At this point the Jets are way behind the other teams in their division.  They need a big change to catch up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

I thought that NE was trying to tank too, but they were actually playing as best as they could.

Cam still has only 2 passing TDs after 7 games. That must be an NFL record.

The Pats looked like the Fitzpatrick Jets Monday night. A few meaningless wins that won't mean squat next year. Every Jet fan should cheer for the Pats to win 8 games & keep them away from a young QB that can turn them around. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase coached well last night.  That offense was humming against a Hall of Fame defensive coach and with a backup quarterback, a backup left tackle, a 50 year old running back, and a set of WR's that hadn't played together all season.  Might have been his most impressive moment since being a Jets head coach.

Gregg Williams lost the game yesterday.  And he lost the Broncos game too.  Something about 4th quarter leads that his defense doesn't like.  We'd have 2 wins on our way to the 5-11 season everyone predicted back in August if we had a defensive coordinator who isn't known for losing his squad the longer he stays in place.

SAR I

I understand zone D when your playing KC, but OMG, these deep 15/20 yard zone drops Monday night were crazy! Even the pass Davis broke up was 20 yards down the middle of the field? Pierre Desir was in prevent all night, as in prevent us from stopping another 11 yard throw. The 1st time I see Desir BEND HIS KNEES & drive on a route will be a first too. 

You guys wouldn't believe the All 22! He backs up 15/20 yards, the WR drives at him & he still tales 2/3 steps BACK, then the WR throttles down & sits in the zone with literally like 6/7 YARDS between them, and Desir then transitions to drive on the ball & there is still 3 yards of separation. It's crazy, and I really don't understand what Gregg Williams is doing this year? 

Hes definitely warn out his welcome with me. Joe Gibbs use to say it's easy to coach incredible talent, it's another thing to coach mediocre talent. Not many guys can do it, but scheme and a complete understanding of down & distance should be ingrained in every players minds. I've never seen a defense give up so many 3rd & longs! 3rd & 20 & they throw IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD in front of 2 guys for 19? Just weird. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You use this word but I don't think you know what it means.

The jets have been drafting high for most of the last decade, how has that worked out?  The browns did it for basically 2 decades, the bills for almost 2 decades, etc...  Drafting higher guarantees nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I understand zone D when your playing KC, but OMG, these deep 15/20 yard zone drops Monday night were crazy! Even the pass Davis broke up was 20 yards down the middle of the field? Pierre Desir was in prevent all night, as in prevent us from stopping another 11 yard throw. The 1st time I see Desir BEND HIS KNEES & drive on a route will be a first too. 

You guys wouldn't believe the All 22! He backs up 15/20 yards, the WR drives at him & he still tales 2/3 steps BACK, then the WR throttles down & sits in the zone with literally like 6/7 YARDS between them, and Desir then transitions to drive on the ball & there is still 3 yards of separation. It's crazy, and I really don't understand what Gregg Williams is doing this year? 

Hes definitely warn out his welcome with me. Joe Gibbs use to say it's easy to coach incredible talent, it's another thing to coach mediocre talent. Not many guys can do it, but scheme and a complete understanding of down & distance should be ingrained in every players minds. I've never seen a defense give up so many 3rd & longs! 3rd & 20 & they throw IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD in front of 2 guys for 19? Just weird. 

Great detail, thank you.

If, like me, you believe that the Jets are tanking and are all aboard with the decision, then Gregg is doing that on purpose and all is fine.

But for those who think the Jets are actually trying to win, if that's what Gregg is thinking he's the problem far more than Gase is.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Great detail, thank you.

If, like me, you believe that the Jets are tanking and are all aboard with the decision, then Gregg is doing that on purpose and all is fine.

But for those who think the Jets are actually trying to win, if that's what Gregg is thinking he's the problem far more than Gase is.

SAR I

SAR I

With Cams weaker arm & long windup, we should have been pressing those WRs at the LOS knocking them off their routes. Free releases everywhere, deep zone coverage? This isn't Cam Newton who led the league at QB in rushing, the dudes making a million dollars, he's not looking to get cut down at his legs anymore. Like I said, the scheme vs that team was weird! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Well, that seems a popular view, given the +Reps it got.

So I guess it's true.  In which case, no reason you'd want to know anyway, I'm just a gasbag troll apparently.

So what's the point?  My opinion here is grotesquely unpopular, the majority clearly think actively rooting for losses against the Jets is the right call, so ok.  It's the right call.  I surrender.  I'd think that would make you and others happy.

I'm not SAR, I'm not going to keep grinding an Ax no one agrees with.

I could really care less about what you feel and think.  But when you can’t articulate your argument and just tell people to “sod off” you show that you are, as you said, a gasbag troll.  

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase coached well last night.  That offense was humming against a Hall of Fame defensive coach and with a backup quarterback, a backup left tackle, a 50 year old running back, and a set of WR's that hadn't played together all season.  Might have been his most impressive moment since being a Jets head coach.

Gregg Williams lost the game yesterday.  And he lost the Broncos game too.  Something about 4th quarter leads that his defense doesn't like.  We'd have 2 wins on our way to the 5-11 season everyone predicted back in August if we had a defensive coordinator who isn't known for losing his squad the longer he stays in place.

SAR I

Good point except the O left the D hung out to dry.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Good point except the O left the D hung out to dry.  

WHAT? How does an offense get any kind of rhythm when your defense gives up drives like this?

7:27 left in the 3rd - 13 plays- 78 Yards- Touchdown

4th QUARTER-          17 plays- 58 yards- Field Goal

                                  11 plays- 72 yards- Touchdown

                                    8 plays- 45 yards- Winning FG

The Patriots offense held the ball for over 21 minutes in the 2nd half! NO PUNTS! GET OFF THE DAMN FIELD ON 3rd DOWN! The Pats ran 49 plays on offense in just over 22 minutes!!!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Good point except the O left the D hung out to dry.  

The D didn't need to play much in the first half while the O was creating big yards and lots of points.

I don't accept the excuse of an exhausted D on a cool night spending the first half on the bench.  Not to mention, the players on D are all young, not many old guys out there needing a breather either.

Against a superior team with a Hall of Fame head coach and a solid culture, the rebuilding-from-scratch Jets put up a huge fight and almost won it.  Rookies and second year guys playing well.  That's a good thing all around, can't complain.

SAR I 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The D didn't need to play much in the first half while the O was creating big yards and lots of points.

I don't accept the excuse of an exhausted D on a cool night spending the first half on the bench.  Not to mention, the players on D are all young, not many old guys out there needing a breather either.

Against a superior team with a Hall of Fame head coach and a solid culture, the rebuilding-from-scratch Jets put up a huge fight and almost won it.  Rookies and second year guys playing well.  That's a good thing all around, can't complain.

SAR I 

You don't have to accept anything.  The Jets first offensive possession in the 4th quarter took .04 seconds and resulted in a turnover.  The Jets second possession in the 4th quarter took 1:02 and produced minus 5 yards.  You can pretend the Defense is responsible for the loss but the reality the O had 1 drive in the 2nd half that resulted in points.   the entire 30 minute 2nd half our Offense generated 1 drive and 8 minutes of possession.  

The Jets playing a crappy team at home with a washed up QB, injuries and the most starting opt out in the league shat the bed in the 2nd half.

This was in every way a team loss and a crappy coaching job on both sides of the ball along with terrible game management by a veteran QB. 

The sad reality of that game is the Jets, for the first time this year put out a more talented offensive unit than the Pats did.  What they produced in the 2nd half and the 4th quarter in particular was keystone cops bad.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You don't have to accept anything.  The Jets first offensive possession in the 4th quarter took .04 seconds and resulted in a turnover.  The Jets second possession in the 4th quarter took 1:02 and produced minus 5 yards.  You can pretend the Defense is responsible for the loss but the reality the O had 1 drive in the 2nd half that resulted in points.   the entire 30 minute 2nd half our Offense generated 1 drive and 8 minutes of possession.  

The Jets playing a crappy team at home with a washed up QB, injuries and the most starting opt out in the league shat the bed in the 2nd half.

This was in every way a team loss and a crappy coaching job on both sides of the ball along with terrible game management by a veteran QB. 

The sad reality of that game is the Jets, for the first time this year put out a more talented offensive unit than the Pats did.  What they produced in the 2nd half and the 4th quarter in particular was keystone cops bad.  

It's almost like we're a rebuild and no one should have any expectations of the Jets playing a complete game against a superior opponent all season.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's almost like we're a rebuild and no one should have any expectations of the Jets playing a complete game against a superior opponent all season.

SAR I

 

6B8BB72B-9B30-4461-8BB0-2878D1B69A63.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's almost like we're a rebuild and no one should have any expectations of the Jets playing a complete game against a superior opponent all season.

SAR I

We played a bad rebuilding team and with the WR we put on the field we arguably had the better team on the field.  You can pretend the Pats are the Pats but they aren't.  They are a bad football team.  We are a bad football team.  We have a HC a DC and an OC.  There was nothing to indicate that our HC did anything positive last week other than have a really crappy opponent, get the lead and completely choke on both sides of the ball in the 4th quarter in spite of having a veteran QB who unlike Newton actually won a SB.

I get that you're trying to make a circular argument that Gase is somehow not to blame and he may not be.  There is no evidence that he is part of the solution at this point.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I get that you're trying to make a circular argument that Gase is somehow not to blame and he may not be.

That's fair.  

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There is no evidence that he is part of the solution at this point.  

That's fair too, but here's the good news:  He is under contract and there is no reason to move off of him at this time.  The Jets have never, ever, been able to attract a top tier head coach even when we're looking like an average NFL team.  In this sorry state, forget it, slim pickings doesn't even begin to describe it.

The best course of action is to stay with Gase another year, perhaps a year beyond that.  Keep the same coach and the same playbook while the GM proves he's a great player-picker until we are at a point where we actually are a team that NFL illuminati unanimously agrees is capable of an 8-8 record.  That's the time to strike.  That's the time to go get a great head coach.  Not now.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's fair.  

That's fair too, but here's the good news:  He is under contract and there is no reason to move off of him at this time.  The Jets have never, ever, been able to attract a top tier head coach even when we're looking like an average NFL team.  In this sorry state, forget it, slim pickings doesn't even begin to describe it.

The best course of action is to stay with Gase another year, perhaps a year beyond that.  Keep the same coach and the same playbook while the GM proves he's a great player-picker until we are at a point where we actually are a team that NFL illuminati unanimously agrees is capable of an 8-8 record.  That's the time to strike.  That's the time to go get a great head coach.  Not now.

SAR I

If we are moving on from Darnold keeping Gase for 1 year with a new QB is the dumbest thing we could possibly do.  If we keep Gase and draft Trevor and fire Gase after a year that means Trevor starts year 2 in a different system.  I'm not sold that Gase is the problem but unless you are convinced that he's worth having here for 2 to 4 more years he has to be dumped this year. 

There is nothing to indicate that Gase can be part of the solution.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biggs said:

If we are moving on from Darnold keeping Gase for 1 year with a new QB is the dumbest thing we could possibly do.  If we keep Gase and draft Trevor and fire Gase after a year that means Trevor starts year 2 in a different system.  I'm not sold that Gase is the problem but unless you are convinced that he's worth having here for 2 to 4 more years he has to be dumped this year. 

There is nothing to indicate that Gase can be part of the solution.  

If Trevor Lawrence is the second coming of John Elway, he can handle a change in playbook from his first year to his second or third without it retarding his progress.  

What indicates that Gase is part of the solution is his ability to remain even keeled, professional with the organization, invulnerable to the media, respected by his coaching staff, and listened-to by his players.  For the next 2-3 years when we aren't going to do much winning, those are the qualities that are most important.  When we're ready to win?  Move on if necessary.  Bring Mr. Offensive Genius 2023 in here.  But Gase appears to be the perfect coach for these tough times right now when we go from 0 wins to 4 wins to 6 wins over the next few years.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Pats looked like the Fitzpatrick Jets Monday night. A few meaningless wins that won't mean squat next year. Every Jet fan should cheer for the Pats to win 8 games & keep them away from a young QB that can turn them around. 

There could be a good QB down the board too.

About 10 teams drafting dont need a QB and I see the Jets taking a EB with the other # 1 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

There could be a good QB down the board too.

About 10 teams drafting dont need a QB and I see the Jets taking a EB with the other # 1 pick.

EB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...