Game Observations (NE)

I disagree with the sentiment that because of Daboll's success with Allen, he should be a HC candidate. That's like making your top salesman the plant manager BECAUSE he is the top salesman. The qualities that make you a good HC are not the qualities that make you a good OC. Maybe Daboll has good HC qualities, but the fact that he's done well with Allen this season is not an indication that he would be a good HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I disagree with the sentiment that because of Daboll's success with Allen, he should be a HC candidate. That's like making your top salesman the plant manager BECAUSE he is the top salesman. The qualities that make you a good HC are not the qualities that make you a good OC. Maybe Daboll has good HC qualities, but the fact that he's done well with Allen this season is not an indication that he would be a good HC.

The Jets are back to where they were when they hired Gase.   If you need an OC, you need to hire an HC who can at least be the OC, if not build it.  It is hard to get lucky like Rhule did in hiring Joe Brady.  

So the new HC can keep GW, but the first priority is to be able to build an offense and develop the new QB.  That was what Gase was supposed to do, and why McCarthy would have been ok.

Develop the QB and the offense first, and then maybe we get a real HC. 

• Like 1

- Darnold’s deep ball has regressed since his rookie season, a little each year. Quite concerning, but a lot of that is footwork and pocket presence...not necessarily arm strength. So it could be correctable (by his next coach/team).

- We should absolutely in the market for a Godwin, Robinson, Juju this offseason, and drafting another WR high. Do those things, keep Crowder and all of a sudden we have a nice WR corp. Mims looks like he is going to be a good one.

- If we are going the coordinator-1st time HC route this hiring cycle...then let’s hope Brian Daboll is the guy because what he has done with a raw Josh Allen is about as good of a job I’ve seen a coach do with a young QB in a long time.

- Our draft class is starting to look good. Hopefully, we can get Cam on the field, Bryce and Davis more playing time.

Don't underestimate the Pats getting another win under their belt too.  They are not a good team and are going to be in need of QB.  I'd love to see them spend a few years in that 6-10/7-9 purgatory territory where they're never bad enough to have a top pick but never good enough to be a real threat.  I'll never count Belichek out of course, but the Pats are a team that looks like they could be in for a rebuild.