First pick has been selected, and what about the second Jets draft pick in the first round of the draft?

AL047

With the Jets selecting at #1 in the 2021 draft and selecting a QB. with the second pick in the first round what do you think Douglas will take? The Jets current needs are as follows, OL(Guard, Left Tackle and Center), WR, TE, OLB(Edge Rusher), ILB and DB. Douglas can also trade that pick for more picks in that draft. Douglas can go any route, he wants in this draft.

IMO, if Douglas doesn't trade the pick, he should draft a OL mainly a left tackle, to compliment Becton on the Oline. This way he can have two bookends at the Oline. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be happy with an oilineman but a Center or guard is more of a need hen another tackle imo.

Like last year we have so many needs that the pick can be best player essentially.

It's much easier to find an elite guard/center at the end of the 1st than an elite tackle. The top tackles and even ones that are question marks all go early in the 1st. So I am definitely in favor of going interior Oline at the end of the first and maybe finding the next Mangold. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JXN_JET said:

Late first round and early second rounds a prime trade down pieces. I would expect JD to trade down from both of those to add a couple of 3rds. I would expect 10-15 draft picks by the time everything is said and done.

Yeah I think a trade down is very possible 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

1st round: QB Trevor Lawrence

1st round: OG Trey Smith

2nd round: RB Travis Etienne/Najee Harris

Doubt either Etienne or Harris is dropping out of the 1st round. Need OL help but the backs here are from hunger. Either would be a major upgrade. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be happy with an oilineman but a Center or guard is more of a need hen another tackle imo.

Like last year we have so many needs that the pick can be best player essentially.

C,Wror edge. Highest rated guy. Then address other with 1st pick in rd 2. If C is taken, slide McGovern to G.

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Doubt either Etienne or Harris is dropping out of the 1st round. Need OL help but the backs here are from hunger. Either would be a major upgrade. 

RB isn’t viewed the the same anymore, one will probably be there at the top of the second 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, JXN_JET said:

Late first round and early second rounds a prime trade down pieces. I would expect JD to trade down from both of those to add a couple of 3rds. I would expect 10-15 draft picks by the time everything is said and done.

Helllllllllll no! 
you grab fields/ lawrence.

then later in round 1 and the first pick of rd 2 you grab the beat o talent available. Probs a wr and o lineman.

this is the time to grab guys early..... the ones that are most coveted. Not a time to trade up. I dont need 4 3 rd rounders

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

1st round Chase and Ettiene offense is fixed at the skill position 

If the Jets win a couple of games and miss out on Lawrence and Fields, then I’m more than fine with that.

At least you’d be giving Darnold a punchers chance at succeeding.

And if he falls flat on his face...well...at least we know for sure he’s not the guy and the next QB will walk into a much more comfortable situation.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Helllllllllll no! 
you grab fields/ lawrence.

then later in round 1 and the first pick of rd 2 you grab the beat o talent available. Probs a wr and o lineman.

this is the time to grab guys early..... the ones that are most coveted. Not a time to trade up. I dont need 4 3 rd rounders

I mean if you could move from like 33 to 42 while adding another in the 60s-70s you have to at least consider it. This team has a bunch of holes to fill.

It should be an Edge or CB. Those positions are barren. 

I'd also accept an OL. 

Everyone is obsessing over WR and RB ignoring that there is a free agency where we can pay more than anyone else for either Juju, Godwin, or Robinson. Running back is still running back, I love Etienne and Harris but you don't take a running back early when there are other positions of need available. 

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking Center or Guard in the first. If we trade Darnold for a second rounder, I'd address WR and Defense in the second. Then Defense and RB in the 3rd.

Having said that, I definitely think the Seattle first or the Jets second are going to be traded back.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Either through FA or the draft, I want a monster left guard to put next to Becton.

You have a late 1 and an early 2.   I'd love a lineman and a running back, although based on our corners if Joe went lineman and a corner with the 2nd rounder, and went running back with the early 3rd I would be fine with that.

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It should be an Edge or CB. Those positions are barren. 

I'd also accept an OL. 

Everyone is obsessing over WR and RB ignoring that there is a free agency where we can pay more than anyone else for either Juju, Godwin, or Robinson. Running back is still running back, I love Etienne and Harris but you don't take a running back early when there are other positions of need available. 

I'd take a running back late 1 or early 2.

A good running back can help a lot with a young QB, but you HAVE to upgrade the line as well.