First pick has been selected, and what about the second Jets draft pick in the first round of the draft?

AL047

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I'd take a running back late 1 or early 2.

A good running back can help a lot with a young QB, but you HAVE to upgrade the line as well.

You need to have everything else first before a RB can be justified with a premium pick. We’re so far from a built team.

• Upvote 2

If they take TL and dont go offense the rest of the way, I might start a riot.  Dont do the same stupid sh*t you did with Sam, please take offense and offense and more offense.  Please.

It's too early to say but this another strong draft class for OL/WR/RB and the Jets should take all the above.

• Upvote 3

Free Agency happens before the draft.

The Jets will be something like $80MM under the cap.

JD will have to spend some of that on players.

So you should take a flyer on who we might add in FA as part of this process.  If we sign Allen Robinson (or Chris Godwin or JJS) we probably won't need a WR that high.  If we sign Thuney or Scherff, we probably won't need OG as much although a Center would still be nice (Trey Hill?).  

Etienne is intriguing to me if he's there.  So are the TEs.

But as much as we all want offense, if a great CB or Edge drops too far, it would be hard to pass.  We have two picks close together so using one on defense if we grabbed some talent on offense in free agency would not be awful.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

If they take TL and dont go offense the rest of the way, I might start a riot.  Dont do the same stupid sh*t you did with Sam, please take offense and offense and more offense.  Please.

It's too early to say but this another strong draft class for OL/WR/RB and the Jets should take all the above.

And what if we signed Godwin and Scherff in FA.  Or Robinson and Thuney?  It's not a vacuum.  We have gobs of salary cap to spend before the draft.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Cb won't be a popular answer but in my opinion that's probably the most likely if there is a capable player at that slot.

I wonder about this.

Both Austin and Hall were projected to be high picks before their college injuries. We still have Jackson and Guidry who were UDFAs. Maulet did a decent job lat year and just came back recently. I'd also want to bring Poole back again

Not sure I'd go CB early in the 2021 draft.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I have a feeling once we hire Bieniemy as Head Coach and have a lock on Trevor at #1, FAs like JuJu, Godwin and Robinson will be banging down our doors.

Then we can focus on Oline, CB and Edge in the late first early 2nd.

They will bang down the doors of whoever writes the biggest check.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

go all offense, any combo of these 2 guys would be great to pair with Trevor:

Devonta Smith WR

Jaylen Waddle WR

Rashod Bateman WR

Kyle Pitts TE

Trevor Etienne RB

Najee Harris RB

Wyatt Davis OG

Alex Leatherwood OT

Trey Smith OG

Josh Myers OG

Couldn’t agree more. We already screwed up Sam because we refused to surround him with offensive talent. We can’t repeat that mistake with Trevor. Let the defense stink for another 2-3 year and just build Trevor’s confidence.

If Etienne or Harris are available, I take one of those guys in conjunction with the best Center/Guard available. As many pointed out, we’ll have a chance to supplement our WR corps through FA.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

WR or RB 

Etienne or Chase would be great. 

If Etienne is there its a no brainer pick for those with no brains. Offense offense offense. Etienne is a game breaker we haven't seen in eons.  He will immediate pose a threat in the running game and compliment Trevor in the passing game.  We can sign a FA OL and have Cameron Clark in the wings as well.  Getting a young RB with wheels is imperative.  You're only going to implement that through the draft.  

• Upvote 2

Take the best C on the board with either the late first or early 2nd.  JD likes to trade down, so he might do that. But really, if he just takes the best OL on the board with either of those two picks, that will be nice.

With the other pick, a WR, TE, or RB would be nice.

Defense has to wait until the 3rd round, like in 2020.  Best CB and Edge in that round, maybe.

• Upvote 1

If Seattle loses to the Steelers in the SuperBowl, and we trade Sam to Pittsburgh... we can draft at #31, #32, and #33. 

And get this, I say we use two of those on OL(Josh Myers, Jackson Carman), and the other on Etienne (if available). 

BUILD A MONSTER O-LINE with a blue chip RB; giving Trevie protection and balance with two former teammates to help with the transition to the sh*t team in the Big City.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, AL047 said:

With the Jets selecting at #1 in the 2021 draft and selecting a QB. with the second pick in the first round what do you think Douglas will take? The Jets current needs are as follows, OL(Guard, Left Tackle and Center), WR, TE, OLB(Edge Rusher), ILB and DB. Douglas can also trade that pick for more picks in that draft. Douglas can go any route, he wants in this draft.

IMO, if Douglas doesn't trade the pick, he should draft a OL mainly a left tackle, to compliment Becton on the Oline. This way he can have two bookends at the Oline. 

This would be a great pick but I think trading back for a one next year and and @ coupe spots back out be fine if the kid we want will still be there...