Becton Injury

LockeJET

So when we drafted this kid, almost everyone knew this was going to be a high risk, high reward type of thing. We're halfway through his rookie season, and it appears to be exactly that.

When the guy plays, he's very good. Now we have to hope a body that big on such a young man can hold up against the pounding it will take in professional football.

If he can stay on the field, we get the high reward. Unfortunately we can't dismiss the high risk part yet.  

• Upvote 1

As a guy who plays basketball with asthma, Becton's tap out  looked very familiar to me.  However, there is no way he gets to this level without being tested for it.  It is possible to develop adult-onset asthma.

Maybe it's allergies.  I know my asthma was triggered whenever I moved to a new locale - new allergens that  I wasn't used to.  Is he allergic to Jersey swamps?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What does Sam being from California have to do with him stinking?

All of these players are born and raised in California...

Tom Brady. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Randall Cunningham. 

Warren Moon. 

Troy Aikman. 

Mark Brunnell. 

Dan Fouts. 

Tony Romo. 

Jared Goff. 

Troy Polamalu. 

Tony Gonzalez. 

Junior Seau. 

Anthony Munoz. 

Larry Allen. 

Marcus Allen. 

Marshawn Lynch. 

Ricky Williams. 

Zach Ertz. 

Bobby Wagner. 

Richard Sherman. 

Steve Smith. 

DeSean Jackson. 

Willie McGinest.

Julian Edelman. 

Clay Matthews lll. 

Lance Briggs. 

Maurice Jones-Drew. 

Etc. Etc and the California NFL list goes on and on and on etc...

Most of us are born and raised in either NY (Queens here) or NJ and trust me when I say, those "pussy" California kids would (and still) run circles around our NY/NJ street kids on the gridiron; it'll be an absolute slaughtering too. 

Sam Darnold being soft and absolutely stinking has nothing to do with his California DNA and has everything to do with Sam Darnold, just stinking (he doesn't speak for all California kids). 

All soft.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

As a guy who plays basketball with asthma, Becton's tap out  looked very familiar to me.  However, there is no way he gets to this level without being tested for it.  It is possible to develop adult-onset asthma.

Maybe it's allergies.  I know my asthma was triggered whenever I moved to a new locale - new allergens that  I wasn't used to.  Is he allergic to Jersey swamps?

allergy to MNF? 2nd one he has missed.

• Haha 1