Belichick: Leaving the Jets was one of the “greatest moments” of his career

Rhg1084

Belicheck is such a loser. His disdain for the Jets provides me with great joy and laughter. I don't want a pos like him waxing poetic about this team. How does that disheveled piece of filth have time to even talk about us? Shouldn't he be out having more kids with women who he isn't married to? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

He was originally the HC then Hess brought in the Tuna he never got over that even after Hess gave him a million and said he would be the HC once Parcells left..

Hess brought in Belichick and Tuna at the same time.  The deal was that Belichick was going to be the HC with Parcells as the "consultant" for one season until Tuna's obligation to the Pats was over.  The NFL knew it was a scam and they bartered the deal getting Parcells out of his Pats contract which allowed him to take the HC position and put Belichick into the DC spot, as he was going to do eventually anyway.  To sit back and play 2nd fiddle until Parcells finished his 3 year stint Belichick was paid a cool mil to sit patiently.

That had nothing to do with his hatred.  I think he still carries the grudge from Guttman calling him all sorts of names after he quit and with the lawsuit filed by the Jets to pay back the million he gladly took to wait his turn but then was forced to return

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hess brought in Belichick and Tuna at the same time.  The deal was that Belichick was going to be the HC with Parcells as the "consultant" for one season until Tuna's obligation to the Pats was over.  The NFL knew it was a scam and they bartered the deal getting Parcells out of his Pats contract which allowed him to take the HC position and put Belichick into the DC spot, as he was going to do eventually anyway.  To sit back and play 2nd fiddle until Parcells finished his 3 year stint Belichick was paid a cool mil to sit patiently.

That had nothing to do with his hatred.  I think he still carries the grudge from Guttman calling him all sorts of names after he quit and with the lawsuit filed by the Jets to pay back the million he gladly took to wait his turn but then was forced to return

But what caused him to quit in the first place?  BP apparently saw the fax from Kraft and immediately stepped down so BB could take the job.  Did BB think BP wasn't going to leave so he wanted to go to the Pats?  Then there was the issue about compensation and BB got upset at the Jets from there? 

In the 30 for 30, he said that the 2 prospective owners were Dolan and the Johnsons and he had issues with both.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In the 30 for 30, he said that the 2 prospective owners were Dolan and the Johnsons and he had issues with both.

How could he have a problem with Johnson, he didnt know him and he didnt come with a history like Dolan.  I dont know how hes decided to change his story.  I was reported that he didnt want to work with Parcells still around, overseeing the team.  Now that makes sense 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How could he have a problem with Johnson, he didnt know him and he didnt come with a history like Dolan.  I dont know how hes decided to change his story.  I was reported that he didnt want to work with Parcells still around, overseeing the team.  Now that makes sense 

He had several meetings with Woody Johnson prior to him buying the team

And it wasn’t just Belichick who ran away from Woody so did Bill Parcells and Al Groh

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And it wasn’t just Belichick who ran away from Woody so did Bill Parcells and Al Groh

Parcells wanted to stay, was asking for too much money.  Woody didnt want Parcells working just for a check.  Thats wrong.

Al Groh wasnt into it and wanted the opportunity to coach his son at Virginia.

All sounds good but is wrong.  Just about every HC candidate the Jets wanted to hire, made offers to, they got.  Its the way it is in NFL, there are a handful of jobs available in the whole world, they dont get passed on because of reasons you dream up.  These are the ultimate type A people, they arent afraid of coaching for an org, any org.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Parcells wanted to stay, was asking for too much money.  Woody didnt want Parcells working just for a check.  Thats wrong.

Al Groh wasnt into it and wanted the opportunity to coach his son at Virginia.

All sounds good but is wrong.  Just about every HC candidate the Jets wanted to hire, made offers to, they got.  Its the way it is in NFL, there are a handful of jobs available in the whole world, they dont get passed on because of reasons you dream up.  These are the ultimate type A people, they arent afraid of coaching for an org, any org.

Lots of people leave multimillion dollar jobs for no real reason

13 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I look at it as a great moment in Jets history too. Can you imagine being such a human puke that you can win 6 championships and still be widely loathed by the entire football viewing universe? All he had to do was NOT BE a cheating, lying, poor sportsman, miserable, grumbling pile of trash and he would be revered by all forever. Take your trophies, I wouldn't want them associated with him. I have too much self respect to go have gone down the road most of the Fandom of the Pats did, actually contorting reality to believe that they are victims.

"You hate us 'cause you ain't us." - Every deluded Cheats fan under 40 ever born.

"Everybody does it." - Almost every Cheats fan ever born.

"The Cheats cheat, have cheated, and probably will always be associated with cheating. Ill-gotten means, ill-gotten results." - Cheats fans . . . all two of them.

"Roger Goodell is always out to get us. He's a buffoon!" - Selective amnesia that said buffoon ordered the stomping and destruction of an entire tape room because there's nothing to see here.

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well Gase is in charge of the whole team 

When The Defense Is Strong:  "Adam Gase is just a glorified offensive coordinator, that's Gregg Williams' show."

When The Defense Sucks:  "Adam Gase is in charge of the whole team."

Ya can't have it both ways, sorry.

SAR I

OK, here's an encapsulation - sort of, it's long - from another website from a couple of years ago. It's also a copy and paste job because I'm too lazy to write out the same thoughts all over again. So as opposed to What I Did on My Christmas Vacation, here's Why Constipated Bill Hates the Jets So Much:

"Many facets to the diamond. In Belicheat's case, many facets to the cubic zirconia. Belicheat was actually the HC for the Jets TWICE. Belicheat was named iterim HC while the Jets were trying to pilfer Parcells from the Cheats. If that fell through, Belicheat would be named the official HC. It didn't fall through, he was a little peeved but he stuck around figuring he'd get his chance here again or somewhere else. In May of '99, Hess kicked the pail. Ownership was uncertain and things were unstable and the team was for sale. Testaverde blew out his achilles in what was slated to be another SB run. '99 also blew (speaking of blowing) so in early 2000 Fat Bill does what he does best: he quit (I'll get to that). Woody the rube still hadn't purchased the Jets as of yet, but the Hess family was very vocal they wanted out.

Belicheat had a clause in his contract that if Fat Bill resigned as HC, which he did, Belicheat would become HC. He did. For a day. Parcells was made GM so Belicheat pitched a fit because he felt he would be under Parcells thumb at every turn and would flat out meddle in coaching and every other goddamn thing so he told the Jets to F themselves after stealing a million dollars from a dying old man. Belicheat felt that the Jets completely tooled him so he quit, much to Fat Bill's chagrin (which I don't completely buy). Publicly and officially Krafty Kraft hadn't offered Belicheat the HC job, but when he did, he gave him absolute control as HC/GM. Whether or not Fat Bill actually knew about Belicheat going to NE is up for debate. Now I ain't no conspiracy theorist, but I'm sure there was collusion behind the scenes.

Belicheat's reasons for leaving were: 1) team was for sale, new owners often bring in their own people so his job as HC was tenuous 2) he wanted out from under Parcell's thumb and 3) he felt the Jets tooled him not only once, but twice. In the end it really was about control and revenge. He has unadulterated hatred for the Jets which he doesn't attempt to hide, and consequently cheated into the record books as well as the HOF (which will happen the second he resigns). Scumbag. Not you, him. It's not as if I blame him, but the cheating that followed, he ruined himself in the eyes of many. Not that it matters, least of all to him, because he's a text book narcissist. Most people don't care because people are highly skilled at wearing blinders and glorifying the wrong things for the wrong reasons. I hope I answered your question."

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Al Groh took the bullet for Parcells and coached for one year. Did that as a favor to Parcells for  making his career. Then, like the rest, ran like hell out of here for UVA.

22 hours ago, pointman said:

Belicheck is such a loser. His disdain for the Jets provides me with great joy and laughter. I don't want a pos like him waxing poetic about this team. How does that disheveled piece of filth have time to even talk about us? Shouldn't he be out having more kids with women who he isn't married to? 

This level of sarcasm and scathing wit scratches me where I itch, especially because angry is my middle name. I like that you went with filth instead of sh it, I might've blown that one. Well done. 

For all of Constipated Bill's Machiavellian cheatin' ways, let it be noted that he was dumb enough - or narcissistic enough? - to mail Sharon Shenocca cash repeatedly in a Cheats facility envelope. I mean, return address, duh, seriously? 

I remember when @jgb's funny as hell Dad posted The New York Post link over the brownstone, hahahahaha.  It's probably scrubbed from the internet, because I couldn't find it. Anyway, unrelated, but this will have to do:

Adam Gase eyes: Jets coach doesn't know what a meme is ...

EDIT:  WAIT! NOT THE NEW YORK POST! But I think @SouthernJet's post was.

Belichick-Front-Page.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Upvote 1

I read somewhere that Tuna caught wind of Mumbles flirtation with New England and then promptly resigned forcing Mumbles into the head coach spot.  Tuna wasn't going to resign that year until Belly tried leaving for New England.  

Just imagine if Tuna never came to the Jets.  We would've had Mumbles and Manning for 15 years.  

Not sure how Belichick is  considering his escape a "greatest" moment in his life. It was more a fortunate moment. Great moments are designed within a plan and come after careful contemplation and clarity of thought.

Belichick's escape appeared clumsy, confused and the manifestation of a deranged individual with a tortured mind. 

It truly was just an escape. Much like being in a violent car crash, that one is able to walk away luckily unscathed. And then mommy buys you a brand new car and you are driving again. He was fortunate. 

On 11/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, Savage69 said:

He was originally the HC then Hess brought in the Tuna he never got over that even after Hess gave him a million and said he would be the HC once Parcells left..

Somehow he does not seem upset with Bill Parcells.  Could some of his animosity be from Eric Mangini exposing his cheating during Spygate?  Seems like there is an unwritten rule in the NFL that you leave things be and don't snitch on your co-workers.  I am not expressing an opinion, I'm just asking... 

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not sure how Belichick is  considering his escape a "greatest" moment in his life. It was more a fortunate moment. Great moments are designed within a plan and come after careful contemplation and clarity of thought.

Belichick's escape appeared clumsy, confused and the manifestation of a deranged individual with a tortured mind. 

It truly was just an escape. Much like being in a violent car crash, that one is able to walk away luckily unscathed. And then mommy buys you a brand new car and you are driving again. He was fortunate. 

I would consider a career change that catapulted me from being the head coach of a mediocre team to the head coach of a successful team that then enjoyed the longest stretch of winning seasons in NFL history one of the greatest moments of my life. I don't think this needs deep inspection.