As I look back, I'm humbled by my brilliance...

14 in Green

Amazing to see the stuff I'm reading here about Sam Darnold. It's almost humbling how I was so right, and you were all so wrong. I'm not sure, but I think we're down to the last few "he's only 22... he just needs weaponzz" guys. Not that they matter anymore....

From the 4th week of his 1st year I told you he wasn't very good, and took countless slings and arrows for over two years for saying it. First it was @nico002 and @HelenOfTroy leading the charge, but like Sam, they couldn't cut it. Then came my rankings of the class of 18 QB's, and many other brilliant observations. You remember all those posts, don't you? Sure you do!

Aside from the snide remarks and BFs, they contained such hits as "Jets fan do a one 80" claiming Josh Allen was nothing but a running back, and who can remember how many times he called Allen a bust because he, one80, knew a QB could never improve on his accuracy. As usual when it comes to this pied piper, almost all of you joined in lockstep. I'll give credit to one80 for one thing, at least he admitted how dumb he was for spouting that nonsense for so long. He, was however, one of the loudest Sam defenders until about 7 minutes into this season however, when he then jumped ship and began to suddenly bash our ginger QB. Not surprisingly, the sheep soon fell into lock step, and here we are.

You're the same guys who were still buying into the kid back in July, raving about him throwing lasers while working with Jordan Palmer. Amirite  @Patriot Killa????

Yes, it was a who's who of JN know it alls raining down butt fumbles whenever I talked about Sam. Looking back, I was just so incredibly patient with all of you, wasn't I? 

There were the nasty ones, like @BurnleyJet @jetsfanmich and a certain cheet-oh eating wanna be GM come to mind. Some were funny in a clueless sort of way, @Philc1 (sorry phil, Baker IS better) and @Jetster (who can never decide how he feels, or if and when he's leaving). Different approaches, but in the end, both wrong. 

There were so many others, but I can't mention all of you, Here's the deal though... every time one of you posts how bad he is without mentioning how you gushed over him for over two years? Talk about now wanting Trevor? Remember this kids...

I said it first, and you disagreed.

I was right, and you were woefully wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 25
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 12

24 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Oh look at this, the troll comes out of his cave. 

He also said Daniel Jones was a rising star. Brilliant little troll , he is. 

Actually what I said was he was as good as Darnold. I was wrong about that though. He's better.

and you're right. I'm a brilliant one. Thank you sir.

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

We go immediately from “criticism of our QB mean you’re not a real fan” to “we all know he sucks, stop beating a dead horse.” There’s no opportunity for a victory lap.

I've been following your posts the last few weeks.

I have to say, you've been doing excellent work here. I'm impressed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Amazing to see the stuff I'm reading here about Sam Darnold. It's almost humbling how I was so right, and you were all so wrong. I'm not sure, but I think we're down to the last few "he's only 22... he just needs weaponzz" guys. Not that they matter anymore....

From the 4th week of his 1st year I told you he wasn't very good, and took countless slings and arrows for over two years for saying it. First it was @nico002 and @HelenOfTroy leading the charge, but like Sam, they couldn't cut it. Then came my rankings of the class of 18 QB's, and many other brilliant observations. You remember all those posts, don't you? Sure you do!

Aside from the snide remarks and BFs, they contained such hits as "Jets fan do a one 80" claiming Josh Allen was nothing but a running back, and who can remember how many times he called Allen a bust because he, one80, knew a QB could never improve on his accuracy. As usual when it comes to this pied piper, almost all of you joined in lockstep. I'll give credit to one80 for one thing, at least he admitted how dumb he was for spouting that nonsense for so long. He, was however, one of the loudest Sam defenders until about 7 minutes into this season however, when he then jumped ship and began to suddenly bash our ginger QB. Not surprisingly, the sheep soon fell into lock step, and here we are.

You're the same guys who were still buying into the kid back in July, raving about him throwing lasers while working with Jordan Palmer. Amirite  @Patriot Killa????

Yes, it was a who's who of JN know it alls raining down butt fumbles whenever I talked about Sam. Looking back, I was just so incredibly patient with all of you, wasn't I? 

There were the nasty ones, like @BurnleyJet @jetsfanmich and a certain cheet-oh eating wanna be GM come to mind. Some were funny in a clueless sort of way, @Philc1 (sorry phil, Baker IS better) and @Jetster (who can never decide how he feels, or if and when he's leaving). Different approaches, but in the end, both wrong. 

There were so many others, but I can't mention all of you, Here's the deal though... every time one of you posts how bad he is without mentioning how you gushed over him for over two years? Talk about now wanting Trevor? Remember this kids...

Hard to argue with him at this point

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Alternate thread title:  I'm 67 years old and I need attention.

This hurts coming from the person who started the, "Look at my new favorite picture of me" thread the other day. ?

BTW you made me go out and buy some Pastosa ravioli, and some fresh stuffed rigatoni yesterday. Thanks for that!!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Happy Star Trek GIF

Fair

But you also told me that Dave Gettleman was going to build the Giants a championship roster. 

It might just taking a little longer than I thought? In all seriousness, Jones has had issues, but I think they got it right with Judge. They're playing hard every week.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

This hurts coming from the person who started the, "Look at my new favorite picture of me" thread the other day. ?

BTW you made me go out and buy some Pastosa ravioli, and some fresh stuffed rigatoni yesterday. Thanks for that!!!! 

Oh is that what I did? Or did I start a thread that went for 15 pages?

I've performed in front of millions of people, a bunch of dudes on a football website put me over the top!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh is that what I did? Or did I start a thread that went for 15 pages?

I've performed in front of millions of people, a bunch of dudes on a football website put me over the top!

Hmmm, you were tried to trigger me.... and yet here we are. I'm talking stuffed rigatoni, and you're talking about you. Again.

Funny how that happened, huh?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Boardwalk Empire, Gotham

Oh! You're an actor. Gotcha. I heard good things about Boardwalk Empire. I'll look for you and say "HEY! A fellow pained Jets fan!! Hon.. you see him acting sad in that scene? He's not really acting. He's thinking of Sam Darnold now vs what we thought he would be". 

edit: I just realized I have no clue who I am looking for. I'll just let my imagination guess which person is the hurting Jets fan. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I know the feeling only I’m much more brilliant and not at all humbled.  If everyone would have just listened to me and drafted Pat Mahomes this thread would never exist, nor would trollmcbigmacmcribyface.  

I don’t know which one I’m more upset about ??

• Upvote 1