As I look back, I'm humbled by my brilliance...

14 in Green

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Gotcha.

I built a second home last year out on the North Fork up on Long Island. I love it down here, but I’ll always consider the Island “home”. I missed having a place up there.

BTW

Don’t know if you’re familiar with Rivers Edge in Shallote? It’s not too far from where you’re buying, and it’s one of my favorite courses down here. Check it out, I think you’ll like it.

Just got a realtor... looking to buy something by March. Not to rent, just me , the kids, a few friends etc.    When I get there, you and I should meet in the middle some where to play golf.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Pats fans were patting themselves on the back for predicting Jim Plunkett would be a bust.  

Are you saying you think Sam will end up having a career like Plunkett did?

I'm assuming you're old enough to have watched Jim play, so this stance amazes me. 

One of the two stood tall in the pocket and threw a great deep ball. He was one of the best ever at doing it. The other can't stop throwing off his back foot and has no pocket presence whatsoever.

They both play/played the same position though, I'll give you that.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm assuming you're old enough to have watched Jim play, so this stance amazes me. 

One of the two stood tall in the pocket and threw a great deep ball. He was one of the best ever at doing it. The other can't stop throwing off his back foot and has no pocket presence whatsoever.

My guess is Darnold will have a Matt Moore type of career after we fleece an NFC team of a draft pick. His problem is that he literally needs 4/5 years of seasoning because of his lack of experience at the position. Athleticism can be enough in college, not in the NFL. He's got no mental game, everything's too fast for him. That's why he rushes, doesn't set his feet, he runs out of time EVEN WHEN HE'S PROTECTED. Belichick showed the blueprint, like he's done to many QBs, and that's blitzing from everywhere & covering his 1st option & dump off. He can't see the field at that point to get to his 2nd option quick enough! Did you hear Belichick when asked about the Jets success at halftime? " Joes doing a good job of getting it out quickly" 

A Belichick compliment, why? Because he knows even though Joe is old & broken down he knows the mental part of the game. So BB stops blitzing, plays deeper safety coverage, gives up underneath & gets Joe to get greedy & throw deep. 2 guys wide open underneath. That's why Joes a veteran BACK UP now, lol. The trick is to develop a QBs mind. If Sam Darnold had Penningtons smarts we're all set.

One other thing I forgot to mention here, we don't have time to wait for Sam, he may turn it around eventually, but we need to reset with a new young stud QB but this time JD will surround him with a good Oline & weapons (we have the capital to do that & free agents are matching up with those needs). 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Plunkett was an absolute broken QB.  He was on a bad team, got killed and became gun shy.  He was traded to SF where he was awful.   The Raiders picked him up and he sat for a full year and half the next season.   He was the backup to Pastorini in 1980 before he went down.  

He was an outright bust until he got a chance late to sit, heal and finally play again on a very good team with a kickers OL, WR and running game.  

He was a bust until he was surrounded by SB quality talent.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Viermoo said:

Anyone clapping themselves on the back because they “knew” after four games the QB was a bust is ridiculous. The same guy would’ve thought Peyton Manning was garbage too. Give me a break.

That is the saddest thing about this whole thread. Someone can call literally every QB drafted a bust and they will be right 99% of the time. Funny how they never seem to remember the 1% they were wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Oh look at this, the troll comes out of his cave. 

He also said Daniel Jones was a rising star. Brilliant little troll , he is. 

Hasn't this guy been hiding under other names sucking Joe Judge off all season? B-tch please

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m pretty sure he was gone for over 2 months. Not sure.

Trolly McTrollface/14inGreen...He got banned for 2 months for dubious reasons that had nothing to do with his trolling. 

On that note, he really is a Jets fan, he just started out very pessimistic on Sam. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Okay, Dums. I'll play.

Who would you rather have coaching the Jets right now? Gase or Joe Judge?

I want neither so I’ll go with Gase because Judge is in his 1st year, meaning we’d be stuck with him for sure next year. 

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

I want neither so I’ll go with Gase because Judge is in his 1st year, meaning we’d be stuck with him for sure next year. 

Ah, so you know for sure Gase is gone next year, huh? Somebody in the building whisper it in your ear, or did you learn it on a message board?

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

My guess is Darnold will have a Matt Moore type of career after we fleece an NFC team of a draft pick. His problem is that he literally needs 4/5 years of seasoning because of his lack of experience at the position. Athleticism can be enough in college, not in the NFL. He's got no mental game, everything's too fast for him. That's why he rushes, doesn't set his feet, he runs out of time EVEN WHEN HE'S PROTECTED. Belichick showed the blueprint, like he's done to many QBs, and that's blitzing from everywhere & covering his 1st option & dump off. He can't see the field at that point to get to his 2nd option quick enough! Did you hear Belichick when asked about the Jets success at halftime? " Joes doing a good job of getting it out quickly" 

A Belichick compliment, why? Because he knows even though Joe is old & broken down he knows the mental part of the game. So BB stops blitzing, plays deeper safety coverage, gives up underneath & gets Joe to get greedy & throw deep. 2 guys wide open underneath. That's why Joes a veteran BACK UP now, lol. The trick is to develop a QBs mind. If Sam Darnold had Penningtons smarts we're all set.

Sam Darnold, Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez -- slow football brain disease.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Ah, so you know for sure Gase is gone next year, huh? Somebody in the building whisper it in your ear, or did you learn it on a message board?

Adam Gase is currently the odds favorite to be the next NFL coach fired -- despite the fact that the Johnsons have never fired a coach mid-season. He is that bad.

He's at -175. By comparison, the next most likely are Doug Marrone (+325) and Matt Patricia (+550).

I couldn't find odds on whether he'll be back next year, but I bet the odds of that happening are less than 10% (being extremely generous).

In summary, people who believe Gase is gone aren't pulling it out of their booty nor do they need verified inside info to support the belief.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

That’s not what my post says. Troll on holmes but I’m out

That's exactly what you said, lol. So here's what I've learned about you in 5 minutes.

1. You like to call people a bit*h on a message board, because you don't have the guts to do it in real life.

2. When called out and asked to support your opinion, even on a message board, you run away and hide from the person you tried to put down. 

3. You have trouble remembering to put periods at the end of your sentences.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Adam Gase is currently the odds favorite to be the next NFL coach fired -- despite the fact that the Johnsons have never fired a coach mid-season. He is that bad.

He's at -175. By comparison, the next most likely are Doug Marrone (+325) and Matt Patricia (+550).

I couldn't find odds on whether he'll be back next year, but I bet the odds of that happening are less than 10% (being extremely generous).

In summary, people who believe Gase is gone aren't pulling it out of their booty nor do they need verified inside info to support the belief.

No argument.

I was just playing with the guy who called me a bit*h. He ran away though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Doing a victory lap on Darnold looking like crap would work a lot better if Mayfield didn't also suck.

Mayfield>Darnold

Now more than ever.

That doesn't make Mayfield great, it just makes me correct. Again.

Thanks for bringing him up!

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Amazing to see the stuff I'm reading here about Sam Darnold. It's almost humbling how I was so right, and you were all so wrong. I'm not sure, but I think we're down to the last few "he's only 22... he just needs weaponzz" guys. Not that they matter anymore....

From the 4th week of his 1st year I told you he wasn't very good, and took countless slings and arrows for over two years for saying it. First it was @nico002 and @HelenOfTroy leading the charge, but like Sam, they couldn't cut it. Then came my rankings of the class of 18 QB's, and many other brilliant observations. You remember all those posts, don't you? Sure you do!

Aside from the snide remarks and BFs, they contained such hits as "Jets fan do a one 80" claiming Josh Allen was nothing but a running back, and who can remember how many times he called Allen a bust because he, one80, knew a QB could never improve on his accuracy. As usual when it comes to this pied piper, almost all of you joined in lockstep. I'll give credit to one80 for one thing, at least he admitted how dumb he was for spouting that nonsense for so long. He, was however, one of the loudest Sam defenders until about 7 minutes into this season however, when he then jumped ship and began to suddenly bash our ginger QB. Not surprisingly, the sheep soon fell into lock step, and here we are.

You're the same guys who were still buying into the kid back in July, raving about him throwing lasers while working with Jordan Palmer. Amirite  @Patriot Killa????

Yes, it was a who's who of JN know it alls raining down butt fumbles whenever I talked about Sam. Looking back, I was just so incredibly patient with all of you, wasn't I? 

There were the nasty ones, like @BurnleyJet @jetsfanmich and a certain cheet-oh eating wanna be GM come to mind. Some were funny in a clueless sort of way, @Philc1 (sorry phil, Baker IS better) and @Jetster (who can never decide how he feels, or if and when he's leaving). Different approaches, but in the end, both wrong. 

There were so many others, but I can't mention all of you, Here's the deal though... every time one of you posts how bad he is without mentioning how you gushed over him for over two years? Talk about now wanting Trevor? Remember this kids...

I said it first, and you disagreed.

I was right, and you were woefully wrong. 

conner4real | Tumblr

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

So, I did just that. The thread will stay open and everyone can comment in here except Trolly Sir Trolls a Lot.  They have been banned from the thread.  

That's the best possible punishment.  He has to watch from the upside down / sunken place instead of bathing in the attention he so clearly craves.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Plunkett was an absolute broken QB.  He was on a bad team, got killed and became gun shy.  He was traded to SF where he was awful.   The Raiders picked him up and he sat for a full year and half the next season.   He was the backup to Pastorini in 1980 before he went down.  

He was an outright bust until he got a chance late to sit, heal and finally play again on a very good team with a kickers OL, WR and running game.  

He was a bust until he was surrounded by SB quality talent.

And he's a complete anomaly who only succeeded on his 3rd team, propped up by elite talent.  Him and Rich Gannon are the extent of the list of these types of QB's who sucked forever only to succeed at the tail end of their careers.  Meanwhile, there are hundreds of QB's who sucked and then continued to suck.  Including one of our very own:  Mark Sanchez.  He was out of the league by the age of 28, after failing miserably at 4 different spots post-Jets.

Yeah, color me unconcerned.  A QB is not a "real QB" if he needs to be surrounded by Pro Bowlers to have any success, and even then only years later.  If that was the standard, then Trent Dilfer would be considered a good/great QB.  

We need to set our sights much higher at QB.

• Upvote 1