Adam Gase called the Flacco int play

Rhg1084

Gase is too egotistical  and narcissistic to ever fully relinquish play calling duties.  I never believed he truly did in the first place especially after that shot of him on the sidelined doing what looks like calling a play. What a POS and I can't wait till he's gone.  Of course, after he accomplishes his role as T Brigadier Tank Commander of TL Company

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Doesn't matter. Gase didn't throw it and Griffen was wide open in the flat. If Sam had thrown that everyone would be complaining how he missed a wide open receiver. Strange how nobody mentioned this about Flacco. Anyway, I guess everyone is happy with the result. 

This is a team with bad QBs that are poorly coached. This was an example of a bad QB decision. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Unbelievable!

#1 I would never trust anything manish has to say regarding the Jets.

#2 the coach calls the plays but the players have to execute the plays.  Flacco had multiple open receivers for big gains and he decided to take a HR shot.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Guys I think gase is the worst... but this is Mehta. Dude has the most obvious agenda in the world. Why are people even reposting his stuff. 

The Daily News learned that Gase — not Dowell Loggains — dialed up Flacco’s deep heave into double coverage with just under six minutes left that was picked off by J.C. Jackson and set the stage for Gang Green’s choke job.

And how did the Daily News learn this?

Journalisming. That's how!

• Thumb Down 1

Mehta is such a dick. Who cares if Gase called the play? I want Gase fired as much as anybody, but how is it his fault that the pass was intercepted? Coaches call the play, players execute. Flacco made a bad decision, but the worst part was he overthrew the receiver. Mims might have had a chance to catch it even in double coverage if the pass was at least accurate. Not to mention the fact that people have been complaining for weeks that they don't throw to Mims in the second half enough.

6 hours ago, TheMo said:

Guys I think gase is the worst... but this is Mehta. Dude has the most obvious agenda in the world. Why are people even reposting his stuff. 

Even without his credentials intact he has broken news 

the jets were on their way to posting their first win against the 2-5 Pats. Something had to be done 

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Exactly. He still stands there with this eyes lasered on his little play sheet and it is obvious the play calling has been different in the second half. And we have fallen apart in each second half as well. 

Gase reminds me a little of Rex. If you remember Rex would start the year with these super complicated blocking schemes and coverages and then sort of halfway through the season he would simplify things and play would improve.

Gase did that on Monday. The blocking schemes were much simpler and we used more formations that could work for both run and pass.

I am also likely in the minority that thinks Flacco looked good because for the first time this year our pass blocking was competent and our WR corps was actually good. Mims looks like a future #1 and Perriman is very talented.

I think the Darnold haters are going to have a rough last 7 games if the OL can stay at the level we say Monday and we can field Mims Perriman and Crowder for 7 games.

I hate ineptitude coupled with ego and pride. Its the worst combination and leads to layers of negative that take years to undo sometimes. That's all Gase is. A self proclaimed guru, qb whisperer who has never done any of that.  He's got a legend out there lobbying for him and that cant help him to be malleable. 

He's stuck and it will take the kind of scenario we see in movies where someone stops by a farm to ask an old legend whos given up the game to give it another shot. All while the guy is shirtless throwing hay bales around a dusty barn.  That's what gase needs.  A dusty barn where he can think for a while about what he's done to a young QB's career with his lies. 

I think Sam will still have a tough time even though he may play somewhat better. He cant see the field anymore and has regressed into a deep hole. We saw some progress year one and even some to year two. But last year got to him man. Hes too young to get beaten up like that with zero real tutelage.  That play where mims was wide open for a TD while Sam held the ball while he was staring at him said it all. he's cooked most likely.  But I do agree that Flacco benefitted from having 3 actual NFL level WR's on the field for once. 

48 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

and defenses are calling outthe greatGreg Romans plays b4 they happen...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30298479/lamar-jackson-says-defenses-calling-baltimore-ravens-plays

This is so stupid. (not you. The article) They have the record for most consecutive games with 20 plus points. So a defense does their homework on an offense that was literally created for a limited QB?  Nothing to see here. Well, other than the fact that all it took was 2 losses for the great Lamar Jackson to whine and complain publicly.  

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is so stupid. (not you. The article) They have the record for most consecutive games with 20 plus points. So a defense does their homework on an offense that was literally created for a limited QB?  Nothing to see here. Well, other than the fact that all it took was 2 losses for the great Lamar Jackson to whine and complain publicly.  

point? ocS Are not infallible,nor basically a 500 resonsble for all execution....       20 pts, i saw that,, D pts not included?

LJ has a better record than the Team did forf 2yrs previous by far...

25-5

basically a .500 team b4 him.

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

point? ocS Are not infallible,nor basically a 500 resonsble for all execution....       20 pts, i saw that,, D pts not included?

LJ has a better record than the Team did forf 2yrs previous by far...

25-5

basically a .500 team b4 him.

Right, With Marty Morninhinweg rememeber him? The guy best remembered for calling a TO on the play that Geno Smith threw the long TD to win against Green Bay? lol

Roman has been the OC there for basically 2 seasons. The two seasons you are referencing as the resurgence from 8-8. 

It is not any one person's fault or glory, but this seems a bit premature to begin flying banners for the OC's head.  I think the bigger problem is that it didn't take much for LJ to start yapping. They are 6-2.  Try 0-9 on for size LJ  hahaha 

I'm not sure about the Defensive points. That's a good point I hadn't thought of. 

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right, With Marty Morninhinweg rememeber him? The guy best remembered for calling a TO on the play that Geno Smith threw the long TD to win against Green Bay? lol

Roman has been the OC there for basically 2 seasons. The two seasons you are referencing as the resurgence from 8-8. 

It is not any one person's fault or glory, but this seems a bit premature to begin flying banners for the OC's head.  I think the bigger problem is that it didn't take much for LJ to start yapping. They are 6-2.  Try 0-9 on for size LJ  hahaha 

I'm not sure about the Defensive points. That's a good point I hadn't thought of. 

this is a thread blaming theperson whocalled the play on a reallybad INTwhere 2othertargets were wideopen...

its ******* stupid.

and sometimes all teams get caught out where the D recognizes something.

youwanna pick on the QB who is 25-5, go ahead.