Tank For Trevor - Remaining Games - Jets & Jags

THE BARON

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I guess the wild card is whether or not the Jags QB can get hot and win a game. I think they can beat the Browns, Colts, Bears or Titans. Divisional games are always possible regardless of records. 

I'd feel a lot better if the get another win soon !

If the Colts have solidified the division or a wild card birth where position will not be altered from the Week 17 result, Jags have a chance against Indy.

Other than that, the Browns and Bears are the only possible win for the Jags. I can see the Bears imploding/quitting if they’re out of the playoff hunt by then.

For us, the Chargers and Browns are possible wins for us, and maybe even Miami with rookie QB. I’ll you what. If we are 0-15 going into New England I think Belichick would much rather win that game vs. being the only win for this historically bad Jets team.

Another win by Jax will certainly ease a lot of anxiety for the whole situation.

• Upvote 3

For context the rest of the season...

Even though I think it is more likely than not that the Jaguars find one win in their remaining schedule, it’s possible they don’t win a single game for the rest of the season. However, due to how strong their schedule is down the stretch, I think they would easily lose the tiebreaker over the Jets if they both tied at 1-15 or 2-14 because the Jets’ bad record will come from worse opponents. A tie in the records likely won’t go in Jacksonville’s favor if that’s what it comes to. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/race-top-no-1-pick-2021-nfl-draft-order

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Let's have a look at the Jets & Jags remaining games...

Jets

At Chargers (2-6) -  Going to the coast will be an disadvantage for the Jets and the Chargers have been competitive with Justin Herbert looking very impressive.  Despite the Chargers winning only two games, this looks like a comfortable loss for the Jets

Dolphins (5-3) - The Dolphins are a better team with a decent roster and the are getting better with Tua.  At 5-3 they will be looking to earn a wild card spot.  This should be another comfortable loss for the Jets and one step closer to Trevor Lawrence.

Raiders (5-3) - A much better team than the Jets.  They want and need every win to compete for a playoff spot.  Although the Raiders have to come east, they should help the Jets move closer to that all important 1st overall pick

At Seahawks (6-2) - 'Nuff said already.  We getting closer :-)

At Rams (5-3).  Rams have been shaky, but they will also be looking at a possible wild card spot and they are clearly a much better team than the Jets.  Things are looking up with the Jets having to go once again ALL THE WAY TO THE COAST (THUMBS UP)

Browns (5-3).  Cleveland not setting the world on fire so to speak, but they are also clearly the better team and they may very well be in the running for a wild card.  This looks like another step in the right direction for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence

Patriots (3-5).  This is the game that scares me.  If not for a few bone-headed plays, they Jets would have waked off with a win this past Monday and perhaps Belechick would have walked off with the gleeful fact that he blew the Jets all important Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Let's hope the Jets "rest all of the starters" and find a few cleaver ways to help New England steal a few possessions. 

And now... On to the Jets prime competitor for Tank For Trevor... And it does not look good. The Jets can not tie with the Jags.  They need to be a game behind.  

Jags remaining games:

Packers - THEY LOSE

Steelers -THEY LOSE

BROWNS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

VIKES - This may be their only chance for another win

TITANS - THEY LOSE

RAVENS - THEY LOSE

BEARS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

COLTS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

Bottom line... With the Brutal schedule Jacksonville has... THE JETS CAN NOT AFFORD TO WIN A SINGLE GAME... 

Good job. This is the first chance I've had to see the Jags remaining schedule. You're right. Not a lot of wins there, that's for sure. The best chance I see would be if Indy clinches a berth early and rests a lot of starters?

31 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I guess the wild card is whether or not the Jags QB can get hot and win a game. I think they can beat the Browns, Colts, Bears or Titans. Divisional games are always possible regardless of records. 

We play divisional games too, don't we?

LOL at them beating the Titans.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The Chargers and the Pats week 17 are the 2 teams that scare me.

Yeah, especially the Chargers who have former Jets' coach Anthony Lynn as their HC.  As the last 3-4 games have shown (and last year, too), Lynn retains some of the Jets choke job mojo.   Gun to my head, I think Herbert has a huge game and we lose.

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For context the rest of the season...

Even though I think it is more likely than not that the Jaguars find one win in their remaining schedule, it’s possible they don’t win a single game for the rest of the season. However, due to how strong their schedule is down the stretch, I think they would easily lose the tiebreaker over the Jets if they both tied at 1-15 or 2-14 because the Jets’ bad record will come from worse opponents. A tie in the records likely won’t go in Jacksonville’s favor if that’s what it comes to. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/race-top-no-1-pick-2021-nfl-draft-order

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been skeptical about us losing the tiebreaker to the Jags when you see how tough their schedule is down the stretch. That makes a HUGE difference if we now have a two game cushion on the Jags due to the tiebreaker.

For the Jets I think the Dolphins, Seahawks and Rams are the 100% slam dunk losses. I don't think we'll score on the Dolphins or the Rams and I think Wilson puts on a clinic against this defense.

Raiders are a much better team but I could see them laying an egg on the east coast. We murdered them last year when they were more talented. Browns should beat us too, but hey, Browns. Chargers is the game I'm weirdly worried about. I have a weird feeling that's a back and forth game where Darnold plays well in his home town. We should lose that too.

I'm genuinely not worried about Week 17 because if we enter that game needing to lose to secure the top pick I think key players on the Jets may have "nagging injuries" leading to us trotting out Mike White, Josh Malone, Ty Johnson, etc.

Jags schedule is very tough. Bears at home Week 16 feels winnable (although the closer they get to the end of the season with one win they might start shutting guys down) maybe Cleveland at home. 

My guess is we win one and they win one, giving us the top pick at 1-15. Not because of any particular matchup but just because it's the NFL and that's how these things usually play out.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been skeptical about us losing the tiebreaker to the Jags when you see how tough their schedule is down the stretch. That makes a HUGE difference if we now have a two game cushion on the Jags due to the tiebreaker.

I think it still depends on if/who we beat. The full article in the link bases their prediction off of the Jets winning against a bad team, while the Jags beat the Colts who may end up being a playoff team.

So, we should be rooting for the Colts to win out.

You wrote the jags off against the titans and I agree the titans are a good team but aren't they also the one team the jags beat this year? The jags might have a hard schedule ahead but their schedule most of the year has been that way and they played competitive football. I honestly don't think it comes down to us or them I think we will be competing with many of the teams who are two win teams soon

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

You wrote the jags off against the titans and I agree the titans are a good team but aren't they also the one team the jags beat this year? The jags might have a hard schedule ahead but their schedule most of the year has been that way and they played competitive football. I honestly don't think it comes down to us or them I think we will be competing with many of the teams who are two win teams soon

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

They beat the Colts in week one!!

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think it still depends on if/who we beat. The full article in the link bases their prediction off of the Jets winning against a bad team, while the Jags beat the Colts who may end up being a playoff team.

So, we should be rooting for the Colts to win out.

Yea that's going to be the key. It's such a wild card right now with all the games remaining. Really banking on the Colts resting starters week 17

8 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Question: does SOS in week 10 account for all of the games on a team’s 2020 schedule or just the games already played?  

Jax has the tougher stretch coming up but if those teams records are already included in SOS I’m not sure if the Jets can get below that mark. 

SoS right now is only based on the teams we played and their current win percentage. Which means if the Jets hypothetically lost to pittsburgh that would be a 1.000 counted against them even though they likely won't go 16-0. The SoS is going to change as we get further into the season and it really could help the Jets if the Jags schedule is tough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea that's going to be the key. It's such a wild card right now with all the games remaining. Really banking on the Colts resting starters week 17

Equally as important and advantageous to us are the Colts winning as many games as possible. If we are going to sneak in a win, it will probably be against the chargers or browns, both teams who should have worse records at the end of the year than the Colts...which in a 1-15 tie with Jax would give us the #1 pick.

So in short:

Plan A: Don’t win a game

Plan B: If we win a game, make it against a team that will be sub .500 / Colts end up .500 or >

Plan C : Jax wins another game

Plan D : We win 2, Jax loses out...we all renounce our fandom

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, especially the Chargers who have former Jets' coach Anthony Lynn as their HC.  As the last 3-4 games have shown (and last year, too), Lynn retains some of the Jets choke job mojo.   Gun to my head, I think Herbert has a huge game and we lose.

Williams and Allen make for a lethal 1,2 punch for Chargers plus Ekeler and the TE.

We lose

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Equally as important and advantageous to us are the Colts winning as many games as possible. If we are going to sneak in a win, it will probably be against the chargers or browns, both teams who should have worse records at the end of the year than the Colts...which in a 1-15 tie with Jax would give us the #1 pick.

So in short:

Plan A: Don’t win a game

Plan B: If we win a game, make it against a team that will be sub .500 / Colts end up .500 or >

Plan C : Jax wins another game

Plan D : We win 2, Jax loses out...we all renounce our fandom

PLAN E: Jets lose out.  Get the 1st overall pick.  They go with Fields.  I drive my head through a wall.  

• Haha 1

Jax is owned by a real self-made businessman.   They are looking at the opportunity to draft Trevor Lawrence who will be an enormous hit with his fan base.  Jax is losing out.  Marrone will play the game.

The Jets are owned by the Johnsons and coached by a desperate Gase.  They play a gutted Patriots team coached by the GOAT.  The Jets win week 17 and lose Lawrence. 

If I was a betting man, my money would be on the Jags for the first pick in the draft based on their likely strength of schedule finish; there is a chance that the Jets and the Jags both end up at one win each or two wins each.

Despite a pretty decent first career start, Jags fans are not impressed with Jake Luton compared with Gardner Minshew. Minshew has multiple fractures and a strained ligament in his throwing hand.  Another Jags win seems unlikely but I have to think out of the Browns, the Vikings, the Bears and the Colts, that one of those four games might offer a weird bounce of the ball or a last minute game winning field goal that might push the Jaguars to two wins.

Belichick was right when he said that the Jets are a much better team than they were at the beginning of the season, who knows but I think one or two Jets wins are likely. No coach or football player wants the stigma of being part of an 0-16 football season.

For better clarification:

So what could tip the scales?

The Big Game

On November 22nd, the Texans host the Patriots in what is the most impactful remaining game of the season… for the tiebreaker tank. That game double counts as a win or a loss for both teams, as it is one of four AFC East/AFC South matchups this year (the Jets already lost to the Colts and the Jaguars already lost to the Dolphins; the other meaningful game was between Buffalo and Tennessee, which the Titans won). A Patriots win would give the Jaguars some breathing room, while a Houston win might be enough to switch the race into toss-up category.

Other Games To Watch

There are two other big games on the schedule: Pittsburgh @ Buffalo on December 13th, and Baltimore at New England on November 15th. From Jaguars fans perspectives, these are both going to go poorly, but if the AFC East team pulls off either upset, that would be a swing of +3 wins to the Jaguars (since their AFC North opponent would have one fewer win than expected, while the Jets AFC East opponent would have two more wins than expected). Jets fans need the favorites to win these games.

What To Root For

Jets opponents already have 63 wins: the Bills have exceeded expectations, the Seahawks and Chiefs look fantastic, and no team looks terrible. The Jets would be helped by a 49ers collapse following a heavy rash of injuries, as well as by the Broncos and Patriots teams mailing it in with the playoffs looking like a long shot. And, of course, by Buffalo and Indianapolis coming back to the pack.

Jaguars opponents only have 55.5 wins so far, and that’s propped up by Pittsburgh being undefeated. Without question the biggest boon to Jacksonville has been the transformation of Houston and Minnesota from playoff contender to #1 pick contender. The collapse of the Texans and Vikings has been a huge help to Jacksonville’s SOS, but will it continue in the second half.

http://www.footballperspective.com/tankathon-2020-jets-jaguars-and-just-losing-enough/

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For better clarification:

So what could tip the scales?

The Big Game

On November 22nd, the Texans host the Patriots in what is the most impactful remaining game of the season… for the tiebreaker tank. That game double counts as a win or a loss for both teams, as it is one of four AFC East/AFC South matchups this year (the Jets already lost to the Colts and the Jaguars already lost to the Dolphins; the other meaningful game was between Buffalo and Tennessee, which the Titans won). A Patriots win would give the Jaguars some breathing room, while a Houston win might be enough to switch the race into toss-up category.

Other Games To Watch

There are two other big games on the schedule: Pittsburgh @ Buffalo on December 13th, and Baltimore at New England on November 15th. From Jaguars fans perspectives, these are both going to go poorly, but if the AFC East team pulls off either upset, that would be a swing of +3 wins to the Jaguars (since their AFC North opponent would have one fewer win than expected, while the Jets AFC East opponent would have two more wins than expected). Jets fans need the favorites to win these games.

What To Root For

Jets opponents already have 63 wins: the Bills have exceeded expectations, the Seahawks and Chiefs look fantastic, and no team looks terrible. The Jets would be helped by a 49ers collapse following a heavy rash of injuries, as well as by the Broncos and Patriots teams mailing it in with the playoffs looking like a long shot. And, of course, by Buffalo and Indianapolis coming back to the pack.

Jaguars opponents only have 55.5 wins so far, and that’s propped up by Pittsburgh being undefeated. Without question the biggest boon to Jacksonville has been the transformation of Houston and Minnesota from playoff contender to #1 pick contender. The collapse of the Texans and Vikings has been a huge help to Jacksonville’s SOS, but will it continue in the second half.

http://www.footballperspective.com/tankathon-2020-jets-jaguars-and-just-losing-enough/

This puts it in perspective pretty well. We're rooting for every team we've played to lose (especially our division rivals, since we've played them twice) and every team that they've played to win, especially their division rivals.