Tank For Trevor - Remaining Games - Jets & Jags

THE BARON

I see a highly motivated Sam Darnold returning to Los Angeles after the BYE with a healthy Bechton, Perriman, Mims and Crowder lighting up a bad Charger defense. 

It's Sam's last stand and I think the Jets pull it out if the D can get off the field on 3rd down once in awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Occasionally I try to look on the bright side of life. I said I try, I didn't say I succeed. Anyway, the Jags. The Jets may suck balls, but at least the short name of the team isn't an acronym for Just A Guy. 

That always comes to my mind: "Oh, look! The Jacksonville Justaguys game is on!" "Did such and such beat the Justaguys?" The Jets don't lose blandly on top of it, which is something we can always be proud of! 

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This puts it in perspective pretty well. We're rooting for every team we've played to lose (especially our division rivals, since we've played them twice) and every team that they've played to win, especially their division rivals.

So many possible variables, but after MNF vs New England, the fear that we might actually win a game or two is real.

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For better clarification:

So what could tip the scales?

The Big Game

On November 22nd, the Texans host the Patriots in what is the most impactful remaining game of the season… for the tiebreaker tank. That game double counts as a win or a loss for both teams, as it is one of four AFC East/AFC South matchups this year (the Jets already lost to the Colts and the Jaguars already lost to the Dolphins; the other meaningful game was between Buffalo and Tennessee, which the Titans won). A Patriots win would give the Jaguars some breathing room, while a Houston win might be enough to switch the race into toss-up category.

Other Games To Watch

There are two other big games on the schedule: Pittsburgh @ Buffalo on December 13th, and Baltimore at New England on November 15th. From Jaguars fans perspectives, these are both going to go poorly, but if the AFC East team pulls off either upset, that would be a swing of +3 wins to the Jaguars (since their AFC North opponent would have one fewer win than expected, while the Jets AFC East opponent would have two more wins than expected). Jets fans need the favorites to win these games.

What To Root For

Jets opponents already have 63 wins: the Bills have exceeded expectations, the Seahawks and Chiefs look fantastic, and no team looks terrible. The Jets would be helped by a 49ers collapse following a heavy rash of injuries, as well as by the Broncos and Patriots teams mailing it in with the playoffs looking like a long shot. And, of course, by Buffalo and Indianapolis coming back to the pack.

Jaguars opponents only have 55.5 wins so far, and that’s propped up by Pittsburgh being undefeated. Without question the biggest boon to Jacksonville has been the transformation of Houston and Minnesota from playoff contender to #1 pick contender. The collapse of the Texans and Vikings has been a huge help to Jacksonville’s SOS, but will it continue in the second half.

http://www.footballperspective.com/tankathon-2020-jets-jaguars-and-just-losing-enough/

Okay. So SOS factors in future opponents as well. Not just who we’ve already played. Makes sense. 

We just need to complete the tank and not win a single game.  

Gase is obviously against this as he's trying to somehow make himself look good and get a win.  He is an obstruction to what we're trying to do here.  But of course there is zero faith the Johnson's would ever be decisive and right and fire him and install an interim with instructions to play no one over the age of 23 so we lose games and can make a determination on the young guys FOR THE FUTURE.  The present can only F' that up which would be classic Jets to do so.

JD better wake up from his deep sleep and tell the team that they have to lose. Players can take risky chances to inflate their individual stats and maybe build confidence as they don’t actually try to win as a team.

It’s a win for all involved and obviously Gase is gone at this point so no amount of wins will matter. You tell him you’ll let him go and pay him for his final 2 years as long as he can be the tank commander. 

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Jets almost beat the Patriots without Darnold/Quinnen and Becton most of the game. So I don't really like to assume the Jets or Jags will lose to teams like the Fish/Browns/Chargers/Vikings/Bears.

Dude this isnt 2017. The pats might be one of the top 5 worst teams in football right now

it would be pretty disheartening to finish the season out of the no. 1 draft spot.  it's even more disheartening when you consider that, in spite of the phony strength of schedule, none of the teams the jets have played or will play are bona fide juggernauts.  maybe the bills at this point but teams like seattle have fallen off and rams have been hot and cold. 

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I guess the wild card is whether or not the Jags QB can get hot and win a game. I think they can beat the Browns, Colts, Bears or Titans. Divisional games are always possible regardless of records. 

That Luton kid played very well last week in only his first game. They nearly pulled out the win. There is hope!

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

If the Colts have solidified the division or a wild card birth where position will not be altered from the Week 17 result, Jags have a chance against Indy.

Other than that, the Browns and Bears are the only possible win for the Jags. I can see the Bears imploding/quitting if they’re out of the playoff hunt by then.

For us, the Chargers and Browns are possible wins for us, and maybe even Miami with rookie QB. I’ll you what. If we are 0-15 going into New England I think Belichick would much rather win that game vs. being the only win for this historically bad Jets team.

Another win by Jax will certainly ease a lot of anxiety for the whole situation.

IF they can rest their starters AND prevent JAX getting a generational prospect it's a no brainer

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Let's have a look at the Jets & Jags remaining games...

Jets

At Chargers (2-6) -  Going to the coast will be an disadvantage for the Jets and the Chargers have been competitive with Justin Herbert looking very impressive.  Despite the Chargers winning only two games, this looks like a comfortable loss for the Jets

Dolphins (5-3) - The Dolphins are a better team with a decent roster and the are getting better with Tua.  At 5-3 they will be looking to earn a wild card spot.  This should be another comfortable loss for the Jets and one step closer to Trevor Lawrence.

Raiders (5-3) - A much better team than the Jets.  They want and need every win to compete for a playoff spot.  Although the Raiders have to come east, they should help the Jets move closer to that all important 1st overall pick

At Seahawks (6-2) - 'Nuff said already.  We getting closer :-)

At Rams (5-3).  Rams have been shaky, but they will also be looking at a possible wild card spot and they are clearly a much better team than the Jets.  Things are looking up with the Jets having to go once again ALL THE WAY TO THE COAST (THUMBS UP)

Browns (5-3).  Cleveland not setting the world on fire so to speak, but they are also clearly the better team and they may very well be in the running for a wild card.  This looks like another step in the right direction for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence

Patriots (3-5).  This is the game that scares me.  If not for a few bone-headed plays, they Jets would have waked off with a win this past Monday and perhaps Belechick would have walked off with the gleeful fact that he blew the Jets all important Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Let's hope the Jets "rest all of the starters" and find a few cleaver ways to help New England steal a few possessions. 

And now... On to the Jets prime competitor for Tank For Trevor... And it does not look good. The Jets can not tie with the Jags.  They need to be a game behind.  

Jags remaining games:

Packers - THEY LOSE

Steelers -THEY LOSE

BROWNS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

VIKES - This may be their only chance for another win

TITANS - THEY LOSE

RAVENS - THEY LOSE

BEARS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

COLTS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

Bottom line... With the Brutal schedule Jacksonville has... THE JETS CAN NOT AFFORD TO WIN A SINGLE GAME... 

Call me crazy, but I actually think the Jags will be competitive against the Titans at home. They lost by a field goal in Tennessee earlier this year and that division has some wacky games. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Call me crazy, but I actually think the Jags will be competitive against the Titans at home. They lost by a field goal in Tennessee earlier this year and that division has some wacky games. 

Could be yes... I will keep my fingers crossed.  They could also win the Vikes game and possibly the Browns and or Bears game.  The Jets have only one contest left against a team that on paper, they can win.  That being, the Pats game. 

It looks good for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence, but a lot can happen...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Could be yes... I will keep my fingers crossed.  They could also win the Vikes game and possibly the Browns and or Bears game.  The Jets have only one contest left against the team that on paper, they can win.  That being, the Pats game. 

It looks good for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence, but a lot can happen...

Unfortunately, I think the Jets are live underdogs in a few games coming up. 

I agree that the second Pats game is scary because that team is also trash, but I actually think the Jets will have a shot against the Chargers, Miami, and Cleveland. The Chargers game scares me a lot because the Chargers are a young team that hasn't learned how to consistently close out games and we will be coming off our bye with the healthiest offense we've had all year. 

4 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been skeptical about us losing the tiebreaker to the Jags when you see how tough their schedule is down the stretch. That makes a HUGE difference if we now have a two game cushion on the Jags due to the tiebreaker.

He corrected his article. We need to be a game behind jax to pick before them. Tanakathon already accounts for SOS of future opponents and we have a higher SOS sadly. 

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

Maybe one day the NFL will have a lottery.  Stop this tanking 

The NBA Lottery methodology is an easily corruptible, terrible system, and actually increases tanking as opposed to decreasing it.  

Tanking with a set draft order is actually a much better system.  At least only a few teams are in position to draft # 1 in that scenario and have any real incentive to actively tank.  In the NBA, nearly every non-playoff team tanks to some degree because they all think they have a shot at a top 3 pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Let's have a look at the Jets & Jags remaining games...

Jets

At Chargers (2-6) -  Going to the coast will be an disadvantage for the Jets and the Chargers have been competitive with Justin Herbert looking very impressive.  Despite the Chargers winning only two games, this looks like a comfortable loss for the Jets

Dolphins (5-3) - The Dolphins are a better team with a decent roster and the are getting better with Tua.  At 5-3 they will be looking to earn a wild card spot.  This should be another comfortable loss for the Jets and one step closer to Trevor Lawrence.

Raiders (5-3) - A much better team than the Jets.  They want and need every win to compete for a playoff spot.  Although the Raiders have to come east, they should help the Jets move closer to that all important 1st overall pick

At Seahawks (6-2) - 'Nuff said already.  We getting closer :-)

At Rams (5-3).  Rams have been shaky, but they will also be looking at a possible wild card spot and they are clearly a much better team than the Jets.  Things are looking up with the Jets having to go once again ALL THE WAY TO THE COAST (THUMBS UP)

Browns (5-3).  Cleveland not setting the world on fire so to speak, but they are also clearly the better team and they may very well be in the running for a wild card.  This looks like another step in the right direction for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence

Patriots (3-5).  This is the game that scares me.  If not for a few bone-headed plays, they Jets would have waked off with a win this past Monday and perhaps Belechick would have walked off with the gleeful fact that he blew the Jets all important Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Let's hope the Jets "rest all of the starters" and find a few cleaver ways to help New England steal a few possessions. 

And now... On to the Jets prime competitor for Tank For Trevor... And it does not look good. The Jets can not tie with the Jags.  They need to be a game behind.  

Jags remaining games:

Packers - THEY LOSE

Steelers -THEY LOSE

BROWNS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

VIKES - This may be their only chance for another win

TITANS - THEY LOSE

RAVENS - THEY LOSE

BEARS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

COLTS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

Bottom line... With the Brutal schedule Jacksonville has... THE JETS CAN NOT AFFORD TO WIN A SINGLE GAME... 

I feel like you started out great and got bored and mailed the last half in.  :)

The Jaguars already beat the Colts. I think that game deserves more than THEY PROBABLY LOSE.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I feel like you started out great and got bored and mailed the last half in.  :)

The Jaguars already beat the Colts. I think that game deserves more than THEY PROBABLY LOSE.

Week 1 (and 2, for that matter) was essentially a preseason game, and even more than it usually is under the circumstances.  I wouldn't put any real stock in Jacksonville's win over Indy that week.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Week 1 (and 2, for that matter) was essentially a preseason game, and even more than it usually is under the circumstances.  I wouldn't put any real stock in Jacksonville's win over Indy that week.

I am not saying they will win. Just saying if you are doing a game by game analysis and one team already won, that should probably be pointed out.  :)

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I see a highly motivated Sam Darnold returning to Los Angeles after the BYE with a healthy Bechton, Perriman, Mims and Crowder lighting up a bad Charger defense. 

It's Sam's last stand and I think the Jets pull it out if the D can get off the field on 3rd down once in awhile.

LOL Herbert will demolish the Jets secondary.  It will be embarrassing.  

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think they beat Indy. If you can pressure the old man Rivers who will be weaker each game you can beat the Colts. One Josh Allen sack could do it. 

17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

i ******* hope so

If you draft Lawrence and it doesn't work out, oh well. If you draft Fields there's two ways it can go horribly wrong and no matter what you're gonna get flayed in the immediate term.

Virtually everybody is gonna go for the no downside risk and there probably aren't very many guys in the whole league who actually even have the green light to make that call anyway.

• Post of the Week 1