Tank For Trevor - Remaining Games - Jets & Jags

THE BARON

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I am actually pretty worried that we're quite a bit better than perceived when healthy. The Pats aren't good but they aren't terrible either and we largely outplayed them before conspiring to lose. 

I can see us winning two games. One will be a big upset. 

I still fear this, as well. 

I continue to be worried about the Chargers game. 

I think part of it is me thinking back to big wins we have had against the Chargers in the past, but I also see a 2-6 team that blows a lot of games they should win playing against a team everyone will tell them they should kill coming off a bye . . . Just scares me. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Probably.

And the Chargers secondary is equally terrible.

i expect it to be a highly entertaining game.

The Chargers have played outstanding on the offensive side.  They've lost 6 games by the total of 24 points and their biggest loss margin was 7 vs. the Bucs.  Their schedule to this point has been difficult playing 4 winning teams and taking them to the last minute - KC (3), Bucs (7), Saints (3), Raiders (5).  Sam should be back by then.  He'll be rusty.  I expect a big game from Herbert and his best yet   - Chargers 37 Jets 20

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

The Chargers have played outstanding on the offensive side.  They've lost 6 games by the total of 24 points and their biggest loss margin was 7 vs. the Bucs.  Their schedule to this point has been difficult playing 4 winning teams and taking them to the last minute - KC (3), Bucs (7), Saints (3), Raiders (5).  Sam should be back by then.  He'll be rusty.  I expect a big game from Herbert and his best yet   - Chargers 37 Jets 20

That is all true. But they lost to Denver and almost lost to the Jaguars. 

They seem to be one of those teams that play well enough to win most games but poorly enough to lose anyway. 

I'll be watching the spread on this game closely. If it's double digits, the Jets will be a very tempting bet

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

That is all true. But they lost to Denver and almost lost to the Jaguars. 

They seem to be one of those teams that play well enough to win most games but poorly enough to lose anyway

I'll be watching the spread on this game closely. If it's double digits, the Jets will be a very tempting bet

The hallmarks of a very poorly coached team. Maybe as bad, if not worse, than ours.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:59 AM, THE BARON said:

Let's have a look at the Jets & Jags remaining games...

Jets

At Chargers (2-6) -  Going to the coast will be an disadvantage for the Jets and the Chargers have been competitive with Justin Herbert looking very impressive.  Despite the Chargers winning only two games, this looks like a comfortable loss for the Jets

Dolphins (5-3) - The Dolphins are a better team with a decent roster and the are getting better with Tua.  At 5-3 they will be looking to earn a wild card spot.  This should be another comfortable loss for the Jets and one step closer to Trevor Lawrence.

Raiders (5-3) - A much better team than the Jets.  They want and need every win to compete for a playoff spot.  Although the Raiders have to come east, they should help the Jets move closer to that all important 1st overall pick

At Seahawks (6-2) - 'Nuff said already.  We getting closer :-)

At Rams (5-3).  Rams have been shaky, but they will also be looking at a possible wild card spot and they are clearly a much better team than the Jets.  Things are looking up with the Jets having to go once again ALL THE WAY TO THE COAST (THUMBS UP)

Browns (5-3).  Cleveland not setting the world on fire so to speak, but they are also clearly the better team and they may very well be in the running for a wild card.  This looks like another step in the right direction for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence

Patriots (3-5).  This is the game that scares me.  If not for a few bone-headed plays, they Jets would have waked off with a win this past Monday and perhaps Belechick would have walked off with the gleeful fact that he blew the Jets all important Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Let's hope the Jets "rest all of the starters" and find a few cleaver ways to help New England steal a few possessions. 

And now... On to the Jets prime competitor for Tank For Trevor... And it does not look good. The Jets can not tie with the Jags.  They need to be a game behind.  

Jags remaining games:

Packers - THEY LOSE

Steelers -THEY LOSE

BROWNS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

VIKES - This may be their only chance for another win

TITANS - THEY LOSE

RAVENS - THEY LOSE

BEARS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

COLTS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

Bottom line... With the Brutal schedule Jacksonville has... THE JETS CAN NOT AFFORD TO WIN A SINGLE GAME... 

Anybody can beat the Bears, even us.

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Anybody can beat the Bears, even us.

Bears, Vikings and Browns might be the only games in which the Jags have a puncher's chance to win.  Maybe a game where a kickoff is returned for a TD, a blocked FG returned for a score and they eek out a 20-19 win somewhere, but yeah....I'm having a hard time finding a win for them with this.

1989974060_ScreenShot2020-11-13at2_44_42PM.png.71815983e14f14ab9d0e8950e0f278f0.png

And let's not forget rooting against Seattle so that they hopefully get an earlier 1st round pick which goes to the Jets in the Adams trade.  Two big weeks coming for the Seahawks as they play the Rams and Cardinals.  Winning both would come close to sealing the division or them.  A split or two losses make the NFC West anyone's division.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And let's not forget rooting against Seattle so that they hopefully get an earlier 1st round pick which goes to the Jets in the Adams trade.  Two big weeks coming for the Seahawks as they play the Rams and Cardinals.  Winning both would come close to sealing the division or them.  A split or two losses make the NFC West anyone's division.

Seattle will be in the playoffs. We want them to be 1 & DONE! 

On 11/11/2020 at 7:59 AM, THE BARON said:

Let's have a look at the Jets & Jags remaining games...

Jets

At Chargers (2-6) -  Going to the coast will be an disadvantage for the Jets and the Chargers have been competitive with Justin Herbert looking very impressive.  Despite the Chargers winning only two games, this looks like a comfortable loss for the Jets

Dolphins (5-3) - The Dolphins are a better team with a decent roster and the are getting better with Tua.  At 5-3 they will be looking to earn a wild card spot.  This should be another comfortable loss for the Jets and one step closer to Trevor Lawrence.

Raiders (5-3) - A much better team than the Jets.  They want and need every win to compete for a playoff spot.  Although the Raiders have to come east, they should help the Jets move closer to that all important 1st overall pick

At Seahawks (6-2) - 'Nuff said already.  We getting closer :-)

At Rams (5-3).  Rams have been shaky, but they will also be looking at a possible wild card spot and they are clearly a much better team than the Jets.  Things are looking up with the Jets having to go once again ALL THE WAY TO THE COAST (THUMBS UP)

Browns (5-3).  Cleveland not setting the world on fire so to speak, but they are also clearly the better team and they may very well be in the running for a wild card.  This looks like another step in the right direction for the Jets and Trevor Lawrence

Patriots (3-5).  This is the game that scares me.  If not for a few bone-headed plays, they Jets would have waked off with a win this past Monday and perhaps Belechick would have walked off with the gleeful fact that he blew the Jets all important Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Let's hope the Jets "rest all of the starters" and find a few cleaver ways to help New England steal a few possessions. 

And now... On to the Jets prime competitor for Tank For Trevor... And it does not look good. The Jets can not tie with the Jags.  They need to be a game behind.  

Jags remaining games:

Packers - THEY LOSE

Steelers -THEY LOSE

BROWNS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

VIKES - This may be their only chance for another win

TITANS - THEY LOSE

RAVENS - THEY LOSE

BEARS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

COLTS - THEY PROBABLY LOSE

Bottom line... With the Brutal schedule Jacksonville has... THE JETS CAN NOT AFFORD TO WIN A SINGLE GAME... 

It's going to be neck and neck Jags vs. Jets...

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

It's going to be neck and neck Jags vs. Jets...

After watching them against the Packers they could beat the Vikings or Bears if they stop their running game. 
Both of those teams have scoring droughts. 

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I remember a thread like this once

suck for sam....

he was the savior 

guess this is the real savior? 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I root for wins....no one person is Gona fix this franchise. A team will

You need a franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. It's the hardest piece in professional sports to find. Do you know how many first round QB's end up busting? A lot. Sam has shown nothing to deserve a $30M extension. You want to argue that he didn't get a great team around him to fully take advantage of his talents? Take it up with Mike Maccagnan. 

a teams mgmt and fanbases might want the tank but no players do.
jax almost pulled one off at GB.
look for pats to play hard week 17 regardless.
they may even be in the hunt with two extra wildcards.
it will be gase's incompetence vs. the players' dignity