Jamal Adams, thru 4 games played in Seattle

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

It's

Because

He's

A

Linebacker

Sure.  But a lot of Linebackers are good in coverage.  He's a complete disaster. 

And yet you had Jets fans screaming for years about him being underrated in coverage based on PFF numbers (you know, the same ones that said Kerry Rhodes was a superior Safety) and some other nonsense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even I thought he'd play pretty well for them.  After all, he wouldn't be the first Safety to have success under Pete Carroll.  We still would have won the trade, easily, but some Jamalbros would be busy trying to take the rest of us to task.  "You see!  You see!  Impact on a winning team!"

But this?  This is just delicious.  Douglas not only won the trade, but it very well could get their GM fired, along with a defensive coach(es).  

Two 1sts and a 3rd, baby!

Also I like how JD played it. He could have traded him during last season when all fans loved him and probably would have had  less support in general. Instead, he let Jamal shoot his way out of town, had the fan support for the trade, and made a KILLING for a guy that’s just average at this point. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure.  But a lot of Linebackers are good in coverage.  He's a complete disaster. 

And yet you had Jets fans screaming for years about him being underrated in coverage based on PFF numbers (you know, the same ones that said Kerry Rhodes was a superior Safety) and some other nonsense.

I wasn’t super loud about it but I believed he was better in coverage too. Boy were we all wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Also I like how JD played it. He could have traded him during last season when all fans loved him and probably would have had  less support in general. Instead, he let Jamal shoot his way out of town, had the fan support for the trade, and made a KILLING for a guy that’s just average at this point. 

Average would be a vast improvement.  He's one of the worst players in coverage in the entire NFL right now.  And given how bad secondary play is across the league, that's quite the accomplishment.  

His occasional pass rush success doesn't outweigh his complete ability to make any other plays out there.  As @bitonti likes to say, they're "empty sacks".  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

I can’t believe he can’t cover Edelman option routes out of the slot 

lots of safeties get that assignment and shut him down 

Yes, these numbers are only based on his coverage of Edelman.  He hasn't been getting his a$$ handed to him in the other 3 games or anything.  And for two 1sts and a 3rd, he damn well better be able to cover Edelman, at least adequately. 

Another great Larz take!  Stick to posting the pics of Norwegian chicks.  You're completely useless to JN otherwise.  Much like Jamal Adams is completely useless in Seattle.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even I thought he'd play pretty well for them.  After all, he wouldn't be the first Safety to have success under Pete Carroll.  We still would have won the trade, easily, but some Jamalbros would be busy trying to take the rest of us to task.  "You see!  You see!  Impact on a winning team!"

But this?  This is just delicious.  Douglas not only won the trade, but it very well could get their GM fired, along with a defensive coach(es).  

Two 1sts and a 3rd, baby!... For a safety?

Add the bolded part and you're absolutely right about the type of trade that gets a GM fired!

I can't wait to see what JD does with these picks. I'd bet money that in 2-4 years time there won't be a single person willing to admit they wanted to keep Adams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • 1 Pass Deflection
  • 15 completions allowed on 20 targets (75 completion %)
  • 116.7 QB Rating when targeted
  • 13.6 yards allowed per target

But he does have 3.5 sacks so that's cool.

Gregg Williams was right (partially).  Seattle isn't using him like he was used here.  But he was wrong about one thing:  Adams isn't "bored".  He's getting targeted far too often to be bored out there. 

I must admit that I was wrong about Adams.  I viewed him as a great player, but I was mistaken.  He does certain things great, and certain things he is no better than average.  

I compare Adams to Mark Gastineau in a way.  Mark was amazing at getting sacks, but against the run, he was no better than average.  That is why Mark is not in the Hall of Fame, and never will be. While premature, I feel confident that Jamal will not get there either.

• Sympathy 2

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And what, exactly, is wrong with that?

Well it makes all the Jamal lovers look like crap mostly,  All the guys that lectured the hell out of people for doubting his greatness and impact on the team.  As I've said before the 'move on crowd' are always the people that were 100% wrong on the topic being dicussed.

On a happier note I went out shopping today and bought a new winter coat, gloves, snow pants and some other things and also came away with this beauty !

UnsDDgu.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like if Jamal Adams had six INTs right now and the Seahawks defense was good, we’d have a lot more Jamal Adams content on the front page than we currently do. 

Thenon believers have been taking it easy. But then again, the non believers are actually th ones who know a little something about foot ball...and that %-age around here is 15% or less... so....

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well it makes all the Jamal lovers look like crap mostly,  All the guys that lectured the hell out of people for doubting his greatness and impact on the team.  As I've said before the 'move on crowd' are always the people that were 100% wrong on the topic being dicussed.

Yep.  And meanwhile that pro-Jamal crowd will come back in full force if/when Adams has a decent game, OR Douglas uses one of those Adams picks to take a player they don't like. 

He's sure to make a play in the Jets game, because everyone else has against the Jets, and that will be a loud moment for the Jamalbros too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1