Jamal Adams, thru 4 games played in Seattle

Jetsfan80

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I can't prove this and neither can you but I believe the Jets with 33 would be 2-7 right now. Some would say this is no different than being winless. But I say every win is a good thing and every loss is step backwards

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

I guess you can take that tack.  I suspect Adams would’ve given QBs like Allen and newton more pressure than they’ve gotten from the jets. Davis had that roughing call and it cost the jets a first down.  But how 2-7 is any better at this point than 0-9 is beyond me. This team needs players and they’re not going to come in the mid rounds.

28 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No it's not.

fair enough 

the defense is 27th the offense is 32nd

put it another way the D has gotten much worse and the O is about as bad as it was last year 

they were a play away against NE the other night 

i know everyone's thrilled we're going winless but it didn't have to be this way 

and Trevor aside i'm not sure it's a step forward for the franchise either 

we are witnessing rock bottom 

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

But how 2-7 is any better at this point than 0-9 is beyond me. This team needs players and they’re not going to come in the mid rounds.

Sam Darnold went 3rd, Lamar Jackson went 32nd in the same draft

every win is a step in the right direction

every loss reinforces a culture of losing

even if Jamal Adams really doesn't make a difference and these picks are worth more than an all pro $LB/SS 

the Seahawks making that trade believe they are winning now

it's not just Jamal by the way 

CJ Mosely opted out a week later

the 33 trade signaled the tank to the locker room and it's gone downhill since then. 

maybe with CJ and 33 they are approaching 3 and 6 etc. It's better than knowing the whole team is getting fired in 6 months and it's basically an expansion franchise  

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Pure speculation

How's that?  The Jets sucked for 3 years when Adams was here (16-32 record) and the defense wasn't discernibly better in the rankings before and after Adams was here, especially in the pass defense rankings.  Meanwhile, he's done absolutely nothing to make a positive impact in Seattle.

What would have been different about year 4 in terms of Adams' impact as a Jet?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold went 3rd, Lamar Jackson went 32nd in the same draft

every win is a step in the right direction

every loss reinforces a culture of losing

even if Jamal Adams really doesn't make a difference and these picks are worth more than an all pro $LB/SS 

the Seahawks making that trade believe they are winning now

it's not just Jamal by the way 

CJ Mosely opted out a week later

the 33 trade signaled the tank to the locker room and it's gone downhill since then. 

maybe with CJ and 33 they are approaching 3 and 6 etc. It's better than knowing the whole team is getting fired in 6 months and it's basically an expansion franchise  

Didn’t we just do exactly that for a decade plus? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Would like him to have only one good game for rest of yr, versus us! Keep the tank going. I’d expect him to get at least 2 sacks against us, knows our Crappy  playbook Inside and out...btw, if Goff is on, another 400 yds passing vs Seattle this week, will be ugly

Wouldn’t it be great if Becton pancaked the big mouth?

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Hard to say.  I don’t think Douglas should make or not make any deal based on fan support.  It’s also been argued that the pick value the jets would’ve got is worth more than what they did get. Don’t get me wrong, I think the trade is great but numbers don’t always mean quality or even the impact on the team.

And, let’s be clear. If Adams was playing better there’d be all kinds of fan outrage. Jamal mouthed his way out.

I agree, but I think Jamal was being traded either way. With that said, it worked out the best way it could have, especially with the fan support. A lot of genius happens by accident-- the Beatles did not design Rubber Soul to look that way but when they were looking at a projection of the cover to see how it would look, it fell a bit giving it that distorted look and they were like "WE WANT THAT!" Sometimes you just get lucky.

Also, credit to @GREENBEAN because he mentions this (the basis around my original post) in a video when it happened and I thought it was an interesting and original take. I think JD is much sneakier than we give him credit for. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I can't prove this and neither can you but I believe the Jets with 33 would be 2-7 right now. Some would say this is no different than being winless. But I say every win is a good thing and every loss is step backwards

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

We went 6-2 to finish the year last year.  What would our record have been today, would you say, were we only 2-6?

As, you know, incremental wins in a losing season matter.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How's that?  The Jets sucked for 3 years when Adams was here (16-32 record) and the defense wasn't discernibly better in the rankings before and after Adams was here, especially in the pass defense rankings.  Meanwhile, he's done absolutely nothing to make a positive impact in Seattle.

What would have been different about year 4 in terms of Adams' impact as a Jet?

I was quoting ... And they'd be 0-9 with Jamal Adams on the field as well .. this is pure speculation.

You dont know this because you cannot tell how Williams would have used him vs Carroll ... also you do not know how the defense would have fed off his energy.   Defense was better weith him last year .. fact.

Your expert analysis is extremely fallible and flawed.

Edited by Dunnie

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I was quoting ... And they'd be 0-9 with Jamal Adams on the field as well .. this is pure speculation.

You dont know this because you cannot tell how Williams would have used him vs Carroll ... also you do not know how the defense would have fed off his energy.   Defense was better weith him last year .. fact.

Your expert analysis is extremely fallible anf flawed.

We have enough data to to be able to make an educated guess.  It's not wild speculation.  No reasonable person should be watching the 2020 Jets play and be saying "Man, if only we still had Jamal Adams!"

Meanwhile, Bitonti's argument is, essentially, that going 1-8 or 2-7 with Jamal Adams is worth two 1sts and a 3rd.  99 % of people here understand this is lunacy.

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Your expert analysis is extremely fallible anf flawed.

He is being used much the same in Seattle, he has been asked to actually cover a bit more and has been getting killed in coverage.

The games before he got hurt he was being used exacty as he was used here and they had to change because it exposes your secondary when you have a SS up front on every single play.

He can't cover and worse yet he produces almost no turnovers at all.

His game is not much different from what it was here, he was just protected by the DC by not asking him cover anyone.

He has totally proven he was the most overrated player in the whole league.

Douglas was a genius finding a team who bought into the hype and got max return for a guy whose play will only  go down hill, will become a problem for his new team and will want way more money than he is worth.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have enough data to to be able to make an educated guess.  It's not wild speculation.  No reasonable person should be watching the 2020 Jets play and be saying "Man, if only we still had Jamal Adams!"

Meanwhile, Bitonti's argument is, essentially, that going 1-8 or 2-7 with Jamal Adams is worth two 1sts and a 3rd.  99 % of people here understand this is lunacy.

I totally support that lunacy .. it does not make Jamal an inferior player.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is being used much the same in Seattle, he has been asked to actually cover a bit more and has been getting killed in coverage.

The games before he got hurt he was being used exacty as he was used here and they had to change because it exposes your secondary when you have a SS up front on every single play.

He can't cover and worse yet he produces almost no turnovers at all.

His game is not much different from what it was here, he was just protected by the DC by not asking him cover anyone.

He has totally proven he was the most overrated player in the whole league.

Douglas was a genius finding a team who bought into the hype and got max return for a guy whose play will only  go down hill, will become a problem for his new team and will want way more money than he is worth.

Disagree .. when he was here he was a difference maker. But please continue to educate the football world that doesnt know better. Is his weakness coverage ? YEs .. like most hybrid LB/StrongSafeties it is.

Edited by Dunnie

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, his inferior play this season makes him an inferior player.  

I have not seen the seattle games to make that judgement .. if he is being used predominantly in coverage that is not his position of stregnth. Its like saying that fish sucks because it cant fly.

Edited by Dunnie