Next week is huge for our strength of schedule tiebreaker

Jetsbb

32 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Currently our SOS is 0.591 and Jaguars is 0.554. This seemingly insurmountable deficit can be closed in just one week if everything goes the Jets way next week. The key reason is because we don't play giving an opponent an automatic win and a what I will call a super game that will have huge ramifications. This super game is the Ravens at Patriots in which the Patriots need to lose which seems likely. This is the extremely rare game in our division opponent, which counts twice, plays a team that we don't and the Jaguars do. It's probably the only game in the season like this. If for example the Colts lose to the Titans we only gain 0.004 but the Patriots game will have a 0.012 swing. These are the key games that could close the gap.

Colts at Titans

Texans at Browns

Bills at Cardinals

Chargers at Dolphins

49ers at Saints

Ravens at Patriots

If the bolded teams lose the Jets SOS is 0.558 and the Jaguars 0.559. The odds are not all the games will go our way but as long as the Ravens beat the Patriots the gap will narrow.

Fascinating, a great escape from the Jets woes and Covid blues. Thanks for the insight on this...I had been trying to make sense of how this SOS might work out.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Currently our SOS is 0.591 and Jaguars is 0.554. This seemingly insurmountable deficit can be closed in just one week if everything goes the Jets way next week. The key reason is because we don't play giving an opponent an automatic win and a what I will call a super game that will have huge ramifications. This super game is the Ravens at Patriots in which the Patriots need to lose which seems likely. This is the extremely rare game in our division opponent, which counts twice, plays a team that we don't and the Jaguars do. It's probably the only game in the season like this. If for example the Colts lose to the Titans we only gain 0.004 but the Patriots game will have a 0.012 swing. These are the key games that could close the gap.

Colts at Titans

Texans at Browns

Bills at Cardinals

Chargers at Dolphins

49ers at Saints

Ravens at Patriots

If the bolded teams lose the Jets SOS is 0.558 and the Jaguars 0.559. The odds are not all the games will go our way but as long as the Ravens beat the Patriots the gap will narrow.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Colts at Titans

Texans at Browns

Bills at Cardinals

Chargers at Dolphins

49ers at Saints

Ravens at Patriots

Good job.

You my friend have WAY to much time on your  hands.  LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

My hunch is that we will get two wins this season, likely from the Chargers and the Patriots, but one of those wins might come instead from the Browns or the Raiders. With wide receivers coming back from IR and improved oline play, the Jets are a more competitive if still lousy football team.

With the strength of schedule likely to flip in our favor as the season plays out, we need a single win from the Jaguars between now and January 3rd.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

My hunch is that we will get two wins this season, likely from the Chargers and the Patriots, but one of those wins might come instead from the Browns or the Raiders. With wide receivers coming back from IR and improved oline play, the Jets are a more competitive if still lousy football team.

With the strength of schedule likely to flip in our favor as the season plays out, we need a single win from the Jaguars between now and January 3rd.

Agree.

Between LV, CLE, LA, MIA and NE... we ain't losing them all. Rams and SEA will beat us no doubt. But those other teams could suck/lost any given week and it wouldn't surprise me. That what mediocre teams do... they win some games vs great teams then they lose vs teams they should beat.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Colts at Titans

Texans at Browns

Bills at Cardinals

Chargers at Dolphins

49ers at Saints

Ravens at Patriots

This is a great job. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

im a little worried about wanting the pats to lose to much THIS season. you all thought he might throw the game against us on sunday to keep Trevor out of the AFC east. im worried the pats might start losing to GET Trevor themselves.  they have only 3 wins and we could get 3 ourselves. SD, CLE, and NE are all winnable games even if sam is the QB

3 hours ago, doitny said:

im a little worried about wanting the pats to lose to much THIS season. you all thought he might throw the game against us on sunday to keep Trevor out of the AFC east. im worried the pats might start losing to GET Trevor themselves.  they have only 3 wins and we could get 3 ourselves. SD, CLE, and NE are all winnable games even if sam is the QB

I think any team that makes it to three wins (this includes the Jets) is a long shot for Trevor. If  four or five of the seven teams at two wins or less makes it to three wins it becomes about strength of schedule.  Four wins and you have to start thinking less about Justin Fields and more about Trey Lance or Zach Wilson.

Can you imagine our division next year with Justin Fields coached by Belichick, Tua Tagovailoa coached by Flores and Josh Allen coached by Sean McDermott? Even if we get Trevor Lawrence our coaching and roster would need to be transformed to be competitive.

The biggest competitive disadvantage in our division is coaching and personnel/scouting. The Bills, the Pats, the Dolphins all have competitive coaches who know what they are doing. The rosters on the Bills and Dolphins are two years ahead of the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I think any team that makes it to three wins (this includes the Jets) is a long shot for Trevor. If  four or five of the seven teams at two wins or less makes it to three wins it becomes about strength of schedule.  Four wins and you have to start thinking less about Justin Fields and more about Trey Lance or Zach Wilson.

The biggest competitive disadvantage in our division is coaching and personnel/scouting. The Bills, the Pats, the Dolphins all have competitive coaches who know what they are doing. The rosters on the the Bills and Dolphins are two years ahead of the Jets.

I look at it like the Bills are 2 years ahead & Miami 1. We can easily minimize the gap very quickly if we finish 0-16. He's playing the young guys now so they'll be no quit but they'll be no experience & a lot of mistakes like Bill Parcells use to say about Rookies. Like the Aikman 1-15 just 1 game worse ?, except our Aikman comes via the 1st pick in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Colts at Titans

Texans at Browns

Bills at Cardinals

Chargers at Dolphins

49ers at Saints

Ravens at Patriots

Patriots losing MAY help our SOS situation but it will also hurt the Pats chances of having something to play for week 17. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What else is there for us to look at?

I guess we could discuss if we should fire Gase.  I mean, that hasn't been covered  yet, or maybe the draft?

Well, 

To seriously look at SOS % with 7 games remaining and detailing it down to 10th of % points.  It's insane.

Two weeks left, sure.  It's interesting.  

18 hours ago, MARTIN said:

THIS info will be more relevant than 98% of the threads on this forum.  Honestly. People been on here talking tank for Trevor since we were 0-3. 

Aside from wins and losses, and JD's rookie draft class evaluation... this is the relevant thing to the future of the team.

Anyone that has the time and understanding to calculate SOS stuff is awesome. Yes, i understand it will change every week/game.

Well said Martin.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's way too early to be looking at this.

When you’re 0-9, your FQB Hope for the Franchise appears ready to officially bust, you have one of the worst coaches in modern NFL memory, and you are in a race to the bottom for one of the 3 or 4 greatest QB prospects in league history....

What the hell else is there to talk about? Debate over whether or not Dowell Loggains has a small dick or an oversized clit?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

I remember a few years back Dallas, playing a meaningless game entering the playoffs, still found a way to beat the Giants with a 4th down TD on final play and then successful two point conversion.   I am pretty sure that cost us Nick Bosa.  Thanks for the analysis.  It will be fun to watch in lieu of anything else more meaningful with this team.  I truly look forward to a better day when we run the numbers on what is needed for us to get a first round bye and home field throughout.   I think we are well past the point of being due for some home playoff games!

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, 

To seriously look at SOS % with 7 games remaining and detailing it down to 10th of % points.  It's insane.

Two weeks left, sure.  It's interesting.  

Fidelio Jet on the show LETS MAKE A DEAL

Monty Hall: Ok Fidelio do you want to trade in Sam Darnold for whats in door #3? 

Fidelio Jet: No way Monty, I'm gonna stay with the Living Room Set from Levitz

Monty Hall: Well, lets see what you could have had behind door #3 

IMG_0789.JPG

• Haha 1