Jets Claim CB Corey Ballentine on waivers from Giants

Sarge4Tide

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Teams don't waive raw savage talent mid-season, so you have to settle for askng "Is this guy bettter than my 53rd guy?"

Something a good GM should do every time a player becomes available. Based on who JD learned the business from, I'm pretty sure he  was taught this early on.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Would have preferred mckinley by a long ways but you always look to improve.

Would rather do this than so something like trade pick for a total jag like quincy wilson.

Wasn't that the guy who basically had a profanity laced meltdown the night of the draft a few years ago? I remember Dion had to wait till that nutjob finished his tirade to interview him.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Would have preferred mckinley by a long ways but you always look to improve.

Would rather do this than so something like trade pick for a total jag like quincy wilson.

Yep. Wilson was a total waste. Would have been better  off using the pick on a player.

I think he may just be listening for once...

I was very high ballentine a couple years ago -- got his all 22 footage from his div-2 school... physically - he's got everything you want. I think he can be a decent zone corner, and potentially a better FS if we want to put in the time. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

With how poorly Pier Desir plays this may not be far from the truth.

Don't get me started on Desir, I have a love hate relationship with Pierre, I love the way he has us pointed to Trevor Lawrence, but I want him slingshot to another dimension after that 16th loss! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Don't get me started on Desir, I have a love hate relationship with Pierre, I love the way he has us pointed to Trevor Lawrence, but I want him slingshot to another dimension after that 16th loss! 

The sad thing is he’s still better than trumaine even if you discount the contract issues.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1