Jets Claim CB Corey Ballentine on waivers from Giants

Sarge4Tide

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who here remembers Ballantine's  Ale and the puzzles in their bottle caps. 

My father had the old Ballantine Ale ad with the hot chick in it. My uncle owned a Deli on Long Island & always got cool promotional stuff from the Beer companies even neon signs back then.

• Sympathy 2

32 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Or Allen Robinson or Davante Adams. The list of top NFL WRs we could have easily drafted is depressingly long. 

Drafting offensive players was like cryptonite to this organization for some reason? 

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think he may just be listening for once...

I was very high ballentine a couple years ago -- got his all 22 footage from his div-2 school... physically - he's got everything you want. I think he can be a decent zone corner, and potentially a better FS if we want to put in the time. 

+1

This is the kid that got shot right after the 2019 draft.  He came from a tiny school.  Kid was going to be a project anyway, coming from a D2 school in Topeka.  Not long enough for some teams he is physically belongs in the NFL.  Sort of similar to Vyncint Smith on the other side of the ball.  Certainly worth a look 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who here remembers Ballantine's  Ale and the puzzles in their bottle caps. 

Do you remember Rheingold Beer? 

1st beer I ever tasted, bunch of us kids got together, one of the older brothers bought it for us. Had the wide opening pull tabs. I remember we all took chugs & everyone had that look on their face like OMG THIS SUCKS, but you couldn't say it so you sucked it up, took another chug & everyone was like not bad man, and then everyone continued to get drunk even though Beer actually tasted like sh*t when you were a kid use to drinking glass bottled cokes, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Do you remember Rheingold Beer? 

1st beer I ever tasted, bunch of us kids got together, one of the older brothers bought it for us. Had the wide opening pull tabs. I remember we all took chugs & everyone had that look on their face like OMG THIS SUCKS, but you couldn't say it so you sucked it up, took another chug & everyone was like not bad man, and then everyone continued to get drunk even though Beer actually tasted like sh*t when you were a kid use to drinking glass bottled cokes, lol.

Do you remember the Rheingold jingle?

4 minutes ago, TJ said:

Do you remember the Rheingold jingle?

My Mom grew up in Polish Town, Riverhead Long Island. There was a Rheingold distribution center at the end of her street. I have a picture of her like, 15 years old, faking that she's guzzling a Rheingold glass quart that had the ear on the side to to put your finger through. My uncle lived behind my grandparents & I would sleep over with my cousin. My uncle was a fisherman, and a big drinker. We opened the fridge one morning & the only thing in the fridge was Rheingold beers & a silver metal bowl of Clams he dug up the day before. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

My Mom grew up in Polish Town, Riverhead Long Island. There was a Rheingold distribution center at the end of her street. I have a picture of her like, 15 years old, faking that she's guzzling a Rheingold glass quart that had the ear on the side to to put your finger through. 

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Haha 1