This the greg roman guy yall want or..?

Team archer

7 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Weak how? If this was our guy and our qb said hey, these guys know our plays, its weak on jackson and not roman?

Did they know the plays when he won MVP last year? He's not playing as well this season and he's now throwing the coach under the bus.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Lol ... how many more years do we think Jackson is the starter in Baltimore?

12?

Let me guess, you're one of those "if he played here, he'd never be any good either" guys, aren't you? I realize it hurts that Darnold busted, but maybe things will work out better if we get Trevor.

In case you forgot, Jackson is the reigning MVP, and you should be praying Lawrence or Fields turn out to be nearly as good.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Two things here.

1. It was weak of Jackson to say this to the media.

2. Roman has to prove he can adapt, and grow his "scheme" before he earns guru status.

This isn't the 60's, when Vince Lombardi had his offense run the same sweep play over and over even when the defense knew it was coming. He made sure it was a point of pride with his offense that they could do that.

If you ever get to read Jerry Kramer's book Instant Replay, you'll see he stressed it in practice.

• Upvote 1

We all have been watching football for a long time. 

Do any of us think that Roman, Daboll or Biennemy are going to be good NFL HCs?  I don’t.  They don’t seem to have that “pizazz,” or exude CEO type leadership.  Quite frankly, I think Bowles has a better chance of coming back and being a good HC than those three guys.

Arthur Smith-intriguing.  Harbaugh-no brainer.  Matt Campbell-worth a shot. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

We all have been watching football for a long time. 

Do any of us think that Roman, Daboll or Biennemy are going to be good NFL HCs?  I don’t.  They don’t seem to have that “pizazz,” or exude CEO type leadership.  Quite frankly, I think Bowles has a better chance of coming back and being a good HC than those three guys.

Arthur Smith-intriguing.  Harbaugh-no brainer.  Matt Campbell-worth a shot. 

I agree with everything you said, except the Harbaugh part. His stint at Michigan worries me. He's just not getting it done in a place where he should.

I'm not saying he should be beating Ohio St. every year, nobody could, but they should be a lot better than they have been..

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Just so I understand you, Matt.

Whose fault are you saying it is, Jackson for not playing better, or Roman for not adapting?

I think Jackson threw his coach under the bus out of frustration. Defenses watch film, diagnose plays pre-snap all the time. He's just not playing as well as he did last season. 

55 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jackson getting to the LOS and defense calls out the play is him not executing? 

I guess he’s too illiterate to call an audible? If they’re calling out your play, just switch the play! I guess that would require him looking at his cheat sheet on his wrist. 

Also the plays aren’t difficult to guess. 
LJ handoff, LJ run left, LJ run right, LJ runs then throws when confronted. 

47 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This happens with every team, during every game. Teams watch film.

Kind of an own-goal by Jackson basically admitting that he runs a teeny-tiny playbook. The receivers aren’t griping because of the plays, they’re griping because Jackson isn’t throwing the ball.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I mean, it's not like the Lamar Jackson play book was that big to begin with.  It's glorified schoolyard ball.  Just extend the play and then improvise, that's Lamar's best game.

If we're going with Lawrence, Joe Douglas should look to the NCAA for the next coach.

I think its more important to do that if we take Fields, not Lawrence.

12?
Let me guess, you're one of those "if he played here, he'd never be any good either" guys, aren't you? I realize it hurts that Darnold busted, but maybe things will work out better if we get Trevor.
In case you forgot, Jackson is the reigning MVP, and you should be praying Lawrence or Fields turn out to be nearly as good.
Dont care for QBs that are RBs .. just my pref.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

I'm a die hard fan of ACC football and I absolutely loved Lamar Jackson coming out of college but I never wanted him as our Jets QB because I still fear to this day that once defenses figure out how to contain his absolute insane athleticism, he'll become forced to become a pocket passing QB and like Vick and other running QB's; hell begin to struggle on a more consistent basis (just as he's crapped the bed during both his postseason loses). 

I'm not a fan of Roman myself personally for some reason I'm just all in on Jim Harbaugh to become the one to develop Trevor Lawrence on an NFL level but it's not right for Jackson to call out his OC and play calling all because the defense "knows what's coming" well no sh*t Lamar, when you've ran the ball 402 times for 2,370 rushing yards not even 3 years into your career do you really believe that opposing DC's aren't catching on to your run formations and running patterns? 

And his 36 TD passes last year only happened because of the threat of his run game because you can only do so many play action passes and basic college style option reads before secondaries no longer become tricked by his playing style;

he's in for a rude awakening if he feels and believes that as a young QB that his overall game doesn't need to still evolve.

The Manning/Brady/Brees/Montana/Marino throwback QBs will always be the king of the position and true pocket passing QBs will never become extinct on an NFL level; ever. 

• Upvote 1