This the greg roman guy yall want or..?

Team archer

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Two things here.

1. It was weak of Jackson to say this to the media.

2. Roman has to prove he can adapt, and grow his "scheme" before he earns guru status.

This isn't the 60's, when Vince Lombardi had his offense run the same sweep play over and over even when the defense knew it was coming. He made sure it was a point of pride with his offense that they could do that.

If you ever get to read Jerry Kramer's book Instant Replay, you'll see he stressed it in practice.

You've read a book?

Greg Roman has been great with running QBs, but overall is likely not the guy we want to pair with Fields or Lawerence.

Look at what Brian Daboll did on Sunday.   Against the worst pass defense, possibly in league history, he went against he regular running game and let Allen throw 38 times.  That is the exact type of coach we need:

1.  Develop an offense around what your QB and supporting cast does best

2. As those players change and develop, adapt what you do

3.  Attack what the defense does worst.

Daboll is familiar with the AFC East (obviously), has coached here before, has learned under Saban and BB and seems like the perfect candidate to get the most out of Fields/Lawerence.

11 hours ago, varjet said:

We all have been watching football for a long time. 

Do any of us think that Roman, Daboll or Biennemy are going to be good NFL HCs?  I don’t.  They don’t seem to have that “pizazz,” or exude CEO type leadership.  Quite frankly, I think Bowles has a better chance of coming back and being a good HC than those three guys.

Arthur Smith-intriguing.  Harbaugh-no brainer.  Matt Campbell-worth a shot. 

Smith and Campbell are to me the two obvious candidates. 

Smith was retained by the Titans after three head coaches he worked for were fired which says a lot about what they thought of his potenial. His performance as an inexperienced NFL offensive coordinator is nothing short of amazing. Only negative is no head coaching experience.

Campbell has given every indication of being a no nonsense culture changer as he reminds me a little of Matt Rhule. He took over an Iowa State program in shambles and built it into a consistent winner, knocking off a number of highly ranked opponents. Only negative is he has no NFL coaching experience.

I want no part of Harbaugh. We need a coach who will stay for 10+ years, change the culture and not let his ego piss everyone off after a year or two. Also, his performance at Michigan is very concerning as his inability to develop a QB or demonstrate any modern offensive scheme should immediately disqualify him as a candidate for the Jets. 

Totally agree with you on Roman and Biennemy.  

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Or maybe teams have keyed in on Jackson's obvious limitations.

Probably that too. Fans are talking about the same happening with Kapernick and Taylor in Buffalo. Common denominator...talented but limited QBs. 

So who knows how Roman would be with a QB like Lawerence or Fields. The fact that he’s been able to adjust an offense to their skill set and become a top 5 offense is attractive. I’d be pretty interested to see him with a top tier QB who can actually throw the ball well. 

• Upvote 1