*OFFICIAL* Happy Birthday Mark Sanchez Thread

SAR I

23 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Hard to believe he’d still be the Jets QB if things had worked out. 

And exactly what evidence do you have to suggest this is remotely true?  He was dumped by 4 different teams post-Jets after failing to even hold down a QB2 job, and out of the NFL by the age of 28.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And exactly what evidence do you have to suggest this is remotely true?  He was dumped by 4 different teams post-Jets after failing to even hold down a QB2 job, and out of the NFL by the age of 28.  

By "worked out," I meant if he had become the franchise QB we all hoped he would be.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

"Ring of Honor"? Why does it say Ring of Honor? SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME. WHY DOES IT SAY RING OF HONOR NEXT TO MARK BOOGER SANCHEZ.

Second best quarterback in team history.  That cannot be disputed.  If Al Toon is in the Ring Of Honor, please, Mark Sanchez is way more deserving. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Second best quarterback in team history.  That cannot be disputed.  If Al Toon is in the Ring Of Honor, please, Mark Sanchez is way more deserving. 

SAR I

Seriously.. I enjoy a good troll. This forum has some good ones. You're pretty good. I enjoy it. I laugh with you guys. I stay out of your way, and enjoy your work. I like seeing other people get mad or confused. Its enjoyable to me. I never get mad reading posts.. or when people go after me or someone else. Its all fun. This.. this stuff you just wrote. I hope you get your baby dick stuck in your button fly jeans, you a hole. 

suck my dick middle finger GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sanchez had a much better team around him especially on Defense but Chad Pennington was a much better QB than Sanchez could ever have dreamed of becoming. 

(being on the same team as #24 Darrelle Revis doesn't make Sanchez out to be "better" than Chad Pennington as a QUARTERBACK). 

Pennington (as a Jet):

32-29 (.524%).

1259/1919 (65.6%). 

13,738 passing yards (7.2 yards per pass attempt). 

82 TDs/55 INT's (+1.49 TD to INT Ratio). 

QB Rating: 88.9. 

Sanchez (as a Jet):

33-29 (.532%). 

1028/1867 (55.1%). 

12,092 passing yards (6.5 yards per pass attempt). 

68 TD's/69 INT's (-0.98 TD to INT Ratio). 

QB Rating: 71.7. 

Not only does Penny have Sanchez beat within every Quarterbacking statistical category known to man kind in terms of individual production but Chad Pennington had his greatness absolutely stolen from him due to multiple shoulder injuries and surgeries to his throwing shoulder; Chad Pennington was robbed of absolute greatness and no one can ever convince me that "Mark Sanchez" was a better Quarterback than #10. 

Pennington suffered his first injury during a preseason game of 2003. Do you know what a 100% healthy Pennington did in 2002? 

"After making only three appearances during his first two seasons, Chad emerged as the Jets' starting quarterback after filling in for Vinny Testaverde, during the fifth game of the 2002 season. Pennington helped reverse the Jets' fortunes by leading the 1–4 team to an eventual 9–7 record (going 8-3) and an AFC East division championship. Despite starting less than a full season, Pennington threw for 3,120 yards with 22 touchdowns and only six interceptions. His 104.2 quarterback rating set a Franchise team record. In the Wild Card game, Pennington threw for a 142 QB rating, leading the Jets over Peyton Manning and the number four passing offense of the Indianapolis Colts, by a score of 41–0. 

Chad Pennington would have won us SB's if not for his 2003 preseason injury; Mark Sanchez prevented us from winning SBs. 

Pennington 2002 (before SURGERY):

8-3. 

3,120 passing yards. 

68.9% completion percentage. 

22 TD's/6 INT's. 

QB Rating of 104.2. 

As a first year starter!

Maaaannn even a depleted Chad Pennington due to injuries to his throwing shoulder was a more elite and more efficient QUARTERBACK than Sanchez could have ever dreamed of becoming @ 100% full strength.

Chad would have been Brady and Manning of his era and nothing can ever convince me otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, pointman said:

This.. this stuff you just wrote. I hope you get your baby dick stuck in your button fly jeans, you a hole. 

Mark Sanchez is the second-best quarterback in Jets history, second only to Namath.

SOJF favorites like Chad Pennington (choker, made of glass), Vinny Testaverde (faker, one-hit-wonder), and Ken O'Brien (wimp, never won a playoff game) get all this universal and pathetic love in a Rusty-Staub-Mike-Piazza kind of way.  Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez (winner, got no support) lives in the doghouse because of a Buttfumble that wasn't even his fault.  Typical SOJF mentality; all you care about is a pretty face and not being embarrassed by the comments of your Giants friends.  You worship the losers and not the winner that got you within a hair of the Super Bowl.  Twice.  Pathetic.

SAR I

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is the second-best quarterback in Jets history, second only to Namath.

SOJF favorites like Chad Pennington (choker, made of glass), Vinny Testaverde (faker, one-hit-wonder), and Ken O'Brien (wimp, never won a playoff game) get all this universal and pathetic love in a Rusty-Staub-Mike-Piazza kind of way.  Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez (winner, got no support) lives in the doghouse because of a Buttfumble that wasn't even his fault.  Typical SOJF mentality; all you care about is a pretty face and not being embarrassed by the comments of your Giants friends.  You worship the losers and not the winner that got you within a hair of the Super Bowl.  Twice.  Pathetic.

SAR I

That’s all a fair perspective. The rub is if that’s what we are talking about then he must have been baby poop soft because he wasn’t able to do it anyplace else. So either Jets broke him so bad he instantly became a jag or was never all that good to begin with benefiting from a championship caliber team ready to compete for a Lombardi. Honestly, I’m fine with either but my gut tells me if he really was that good he would have done something somewhere else. Yet, I do admit he gave me and my sons  some of the best football we ever got to watch together as Jet fans. So thanks and Happy Birthday Mark. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s all a fair perspective. The rub is if that’s what we are talking about then he must have been baby poop soft because he wasn’t able to do it anyplace else. So either Jets broke him so bad he instantly became a jag or was never all that good to begin with benefiting from a championship caliber team ready to compete for a Lombardi.

No matter which is true, Mark Sanchez was exactly what we needed.  A cheap quarterback that did enough during the regular season to get us to the playoffs and then played better than any Jets quarterback ever did once in the playoffs.  The man had a clutch gene we haven't seen in the postseason, ever.  He won twice as many playoff games as Joe Namath did.  He was the best Jet on the field in back to back AFC Championship Games.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly, I’m fine with either but my gut tells me if he really was that good he would have done something somewhere else. Yet, I do admit he gave me and my sons  some of the best football we ever got to watch together as Jet fans. So thanks and Happy Birthday Mark. 

The Jets of that era were built to win on Ground & Pound, not Air Coryell.  The Jets of that era were built to win on a Rex Ryan defense, not Mark Sanchez offense.  The failures of those teams weren't on the passing game.  When Mark was asked to throw 25 times a game, we won a lot.  When the D failed and we couldn't run and he was asked to throw 40 times a game, we lost.  Shouldn't have surprised anyone.

When things went bad in the Championship Games it was because the running back couldn't run and the defense couldn't stop a cold.  If you look at those 5 comeback games in 2010 it was Mark carrying a flawed Rex Ryan team, not the other way around, without his heroics against Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, Denver, and Pittsburgh we go 6-10 instead of 11-5.  

Mark Sanchez was scapegoated by Rex Ryan and, unfortunately, that stands in the way of him getting the recognition he deserves.  It will come eventually.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

No matter which is true, Mark Sanchez was exactly what we needed.  A cheap quarterback that did enough during the regular season to get us to the playoffs and then played better than any Jets quarterback ever did once in the playoffs.  The man had a clutch gene we haven't seen in the postseason, ever.  He won twice as many playoff games as Joe Namath did.  He was the best Jet on the field in back to back AFC Championship Games.

The Jets of that era were built to win on Ground & Pound, not Air Coryell.  The Jets of that era were built to win on a Rex Ryan defense, not Mark Sanchez offense.  The failures of those teams weren't on the passing game.  When Mark was asked to throw 25 times a game, we won a lot.  When the D failed and we couldn't run and he was asked to throw 40 times a game, we lost.  Shouldn't have surprised anyone.

When things went bad in the Championship Games it was because the running back couldn't run and the defense couldn't stop a cold.  If you look at those 5 comeback games in 2010 it was Mark carrying a flawed Rex Ryan team, not the other way around, without his heroics against Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, Denver, and Pittsburgh we go 6-10 instead of 11-5.  

Mark Sanchez was scapegoated by Rex Ryan and, unfortunately, that stands in the way of him getting the recognition he deserves.  It will come eventually.

SAR I

I’m not totally disagreeing and I appreciate your stance and I’m happy you have  that. But, I’m still  struggling with it because the kid had chances in other places and did very littje to make a case for himself. Last time I checked, a good running game and good defense typically helps a young QB, 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m not totally disagreeing and I appreciate your stance and I’m happy you have  that. But, I’m still  struggling with it because the kid had chances in other places and did very littje to make a case for himself. Last time I checked, a good running game and good defense typically helps a young QB, 

When he was done in New York, certainly he had a hellish last two seasons.  Worst offensive coordinator in league history (Sporano), worst set of WR's in the league (Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill), Tim Tebow circus every day, Rex Ryan scapegoating, just a complete mess.  And then the big shoulder injury.

The chances in the other places were on bad teams and he was a backup, always rushed into service. 

People say that Mark was only great when the rest of the team around him was great.  Well, isn't that the entire point?  Isn't the endgame to have a great D, a great running game, and great special teams and then make a run to glory?  Who cares what Mark looked like on a bad team as a backup?  On a good team as a starter, the kid was money.  Best in franchise history.  Haven't come close before or since.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When he was done in New York, certainly he had a hellish last two seasons.  Worst offensive coordinator in league history (Sporano), worst set of WR's in the league (Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill), Tim Tebow circus every day, Rex Ryan scapegoating, just a complete mess.  And then the big shoulder injury.

The chances in the other places were on bad teams and he was a backup, always rushed into service. 

People say that Mark was only great when the rest of the team around him was great.  Well, isn't that the entire point?  Isn't the endgame to have a great D, a great running game, and great special teams and then make a run to glory?  Who cares what Mark looked like on a bad team as a backup?  On a good team as a starter, the kid was money.  Best in franchise history.  Haven't come close before or since.

SAR I

Considering he couldn’t stay in the league as a back I would say your right. Amazing nobody didn’t think to put him on a good team and let him start. Fools! 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

Sanchez was the perfect Jet. Got our hopes up and then crashed and burned in a way that has entered the national consciousness for failure.

Mark didn't crash and burn; he had his engines shut down and his thrust reversers turned on.  Mark was sabotaged.

SAR I