The Weeknd to be Super Bowl Halftime Act

Sarge4Tide

The Weeknd   

68 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Weeknd being named Super Bowl Halftime Act?

• AWESOME! The Weeknd rocks!
    • I'm cool with it
    • Who the HECK is The Weeknd?
    • The Doobie Brothers weren't available?
    • Not a good pick
    • HORRIBLE!

8 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Get off my LAWWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Yup.  You want a concert - watch a concert.  I don't want to watch a 15 minute fake concert as part of a football game.  I'd rather watch a dog catching frisbees for 10 minutes.  It's all designed to attract the female/non sports fan audience to the game. They know the football fans are already watching.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I wouldn't be upset if it was done away with. It's generally awful, with maybe the exception of Prince and Tom Petty, and Bruno Mars, eh, it was OK, ditto Beyonce; but let's call a spade here: some of them were absolute train wrecks. The Bruce Springsteen one, aside from the fact that I know I'm in the minority because I can't stand him, it really did me in. He slid into the camera with his legs spread and practically shoved his balls into the camera. I almost hurled. I just went, "Uh , , ,  ohhhhh . . . uhhhhggggghuh." Some other onomatopoeia that I blocked out followed.

Probably the best awful one wasn't the SB (did they also do one? shrugs) was the Jonas Brothers. Talk about suck. I was laughing so hard I was screaming. Wait . . . 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yup.  You want a concert - watch a concert.  I don't want to watch a 15 minute fake concert as part of a football game.  I'd rather watch a dog catching frisbees for 10 minutes.  It's all designed to attract the female/non sports fan audience to the game. They know the football fans are already watching.  

Way too long for the players too. The Falcons were red f*cking hot & what seemed like an eternity later petered right out. Emotion is a HUGE part of football! If it wasn't, you wouldn't always here the announcers say, they need to get a score here at the end of the half to gain some momentum going into halftime. 

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Way too long for the players too. The Falcons were red f*cking hot & what seemed like an eternity later petered right out. Emotion is a HUGE part of football! If it wasn't, you wouldn't always here the announcers say, they need to get a score here at the end of the half to gain some momentum going into halftime.