The Weeknd to be Super Bowl Halftime Act

Sarge4Tide

The Weeknd   

68 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Weeknd being named Super Bowl Halftime Act?

• AWESOME! The Weeknd rocks!
    • I'm cool with it
    • Who the HECK is The Weeknd?
    • The Doobie Brothers weren't available?
    • Not a good pick
    • HORRIBLE!

I don’t understand why they’ve never gotten AC/DC or Metallica.

I mean, I’ve heard “Thunderstruck”, “Hells Bells” and “For Whom the Bell Tolls” played at literally every f*cking game, every single Sunday, Monday or Thursday over the last 30 years.

Seems like it would make sense 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, I’ve heard “Thunderstruck”, “Hells Bells” and “For Whom the Bell Tolls” played at literally every f*cking game, every single Sunday, Monday or Thursday over the last 30 years.

Because they’re collecting social security 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because it’s not 1985

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because it’s not 1985

Tell that to Prince’s corpse 

He put on by far the best halftime show I can recall. And that was what, within the last decade?

And like I said, I still predominantly hear AC/DC and Metallica being blasted on the stadium speakers every single week for 30 years and counting.

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Tell that to Prince’s corpse 

He put on by far the best halftime show I can recall. And that was what, within the last decade?

And like I said, I still predominantly hear AC/DC and Metallica being blasted on the stadium speakers every single week for 30 years and counting.

Are you sure? Maybe you haven't heard it in a while but the memory remains. 

• Sympathy 2

23 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I truly wish this halftime act crap would just go away.   What does this have to do with football?  Go to the normal 13 minute halftime.  When I go to live concerts, they don't have intermission and play a mini football game.  I could care less about this inane part of SB Sunday.  It's ridiculous.  

That would be so awesome. 

23 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yup.  You want a concert - watch a concert.  I don't want to watch a 15 minute fake concert as part of a football game.  I'd rather watch a dog catching frisbees for 10 minutes.  It's all designed to attract the female/non sports fan audience to the game. They know the football fans are already watching.  

If only they could book Jackson and Timberlake again

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Forgot about that!

Totally understandable to block his death out.  I'm still in shock.  Neil Peart is missed.  You could always count on him, along with Geddy and Alex, to put on a phenomenal (and musically impressive) show.   Sad that Rush will no longer exist.   Let's hope Geddy and Alex eventually put out new music.

• Upvote 2

On 11/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yup.  You want a concert - watch a concert.  I don't want to watch a 15 minute fake concert as part of a football game.  I'd rather watch a dog catching frisbees for 10 minutes.  It's all designed to attract the female/non sports fan audience to the game. They know the football fans are already watching.  

You some kind of commie? What’s wrong with maximizing profits?

• Haha 1

SB halftime shows (along with "fancy commercials") are mostly for people who watch 1 football game a year.  It extends the length of the last game of the year though (plus creates stuff to talk about if you're at a SB party) so it's fine.  It's annoying that MNF started having halftime shows though.  I can't remember if they do them this year (I feel like they don't but maybe I'm just muting the TV or switching the channel).

On 11/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, jetophile said:

Probably the best awful one wasn't the SB (did they also do one? shrugs) was the Jonas Brothers. Talk about suck. I was laughing so hard I was screaming. Wait . . . 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hate you.  Because of your post, I felt the need to watch this all the way through just to grok the unvarnished wretchedness.  I'm numb.

I'll get even with you.  Somehow.  Someday.