DarnoldHomer

Leonard Williams is having a Pro Bowl year

This year. In 9 games he has 5 sacks, 7 TFL’s and 11 QB hurries. Q has 3 sacks, 7 TFL’s and 5 QB hurries. So much for the curse of the Jets following a player 

• Confused 1

About time he plays up to a contract. Getting $16 mil this year. FA again next. Giants might get to recoup their 3rd round pick in 2022😂 but it will be at the end of the 3rd.

Playing well and deserves credit for doing so.

He never played that way for us, but he also had to deal with an awful coach in bowles.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Eh, hes playing about as well as he did in 2015-2016.  In other words upper echelon starter, but not quite elite.  That's what he is when he tries...  A good player who is just outside the top ten at his position.  Then he loafs for a year when he gets paid (he learned that from the best.. Mo Wilkerson).

That’s a really BROAD brush but Also a fair point. Dallas has had best OL in league last decade. Injuries galore this year. Philly too. Not sure how the OL in that division rank Vs others. 

• Upvote 1

He’s always been a descent to good player. I wouldn’t pay him this offseason. At least not the $16m per year it’s likely to take. If the giants are able to sign him for 10-12, than it was a good trade for both sides.

42 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

So? Doesn't change the fact that he was a lazy POS here, and it was a good trade. 

Really?

We paid his salary last year for the Giants.

How are the picks we got for him doing? 

Oh yeah... we didn't have to pay him this year. Which would be great, except he'd be the best player on our defense, and we never seem to pay any of our best players, do we?

We send them off to other teams for picks and pat each other on the back talking about how we "won the trade" until those picks don't work out. Then we rinse and repeat.

We're the worst team in the sport, yet according to the fans, we "win" every trade we make.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

If Ashtyn Davis becomes a decent player then he can set the record for sacks and I won't care.

Seriously?

You'll take a " hope becomes decent" safety over a guy "setting the sacks record," huh?

That's an interesting take.

He’s always been a really good player. Some did seem to forget that.

Wasn’t going to be and still wont be worth what he’s going to be paid.

• Like 1

No one is guaranteeing Leo any real money.  

He will get a 2 year contract, for around $10mm/year, with 1.5 years guaranteed.  Maybe a bit more. 

People like to talk about how DTs are not impact players, but if you can’t stop the run you look like a really bad team.   The Jets with Q and Foley can stop the run.  They are not the reason the Jets are winless.   The Jets are winless because the offense and CBS are epically bad.  

that is why teams were interested in trading for Q.

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Still butt hurt over a comment I made in another section and buzzing around my other contributions  to different threads?

I'd rather you just downvoted them.  For a troll you have a surprisingly thin skin.

You give yourself WAY too much credit. I know your avatar, but I can't remember a single thing you've ever posted. 

The troll thing?

I fish waters a lot deeper than you swim in, son. I go after a lot bigger than you.

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We're the worst team in the sport, yet according to the fans, we "win" every trade we make.

Comes with the territory of winning the best offseason award , something we've every year that I've been on these boards.

Took him 6 years to show he wasn't complete garbage. Still, he isn't worth franchise tag money. And I am willing to bet he goes right back to being invisible after getting paid. I am glad we moved on from him. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Icer said:

Solid player, but not worthy of the #6 pick nr the contract extension he expects to receive.

^ Sums it up nicely.

Just like another recently departed #6 pick

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

No Ragrets.  Ive watched him.  He’s a little better but just mostly the same. Almost all his sacks are coverage sacks- and he almost always just bullrushes.  Solid run defender.

Like Adams he could be a solid contributor in a good defense. But these high draft pick name guys with egos are impossible to sign for reasonable money.  He’s a $6-8 mill player getting paid 4 times that. 

All of this. 

Leo was always going to be one of those guys who gets overpaid. 

Also, Leo being a pro bowl alternate isn't going to save Dave Gettleman from getting fired in 7 weeks. 

• Upvote 2

How sad that someone would make a new account to just post clickbait troll posts..at least post them under your real account. 

Since traded by the Jets he’s had 56 tackles, 5.5 sacks.

Q has had 59 tackles and 5.5 sacks.  I’ll take Q.

also, you reference Dallas having “a great o-line”.  Do you know almost every one of their starters is out?

• Upvote 1